UK Politics: the moment of truth, or possibly untruth

mormont

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Graham? C'mon on now. He is just a spineless, craven, opportunistic sycophant. 

8/10 Tories gunning for the PM job right now are at least as bad, if not worse.

Fabricant is an odious weirdo. He is Ted Cruz levels of repulsive.

You lack a proper hatred for this man. 

Our brave lads in Afghanistan were murdering people then covering it up pathetically badly. Their cover-up was then enabled by the head of Special Forces. Unbelievably Absolutely predictably given the precedents of organisational behaviour, the SAS unit concerned were sent back to Afghanistan for another six month tour. Sniff, so proud to be British. 

Will be shocked if any of the Tory candidates suggest any of what happened might be remotely bad, in case condemning the shooting of brown people alienates the grassroots. 

58 minutes ago, dog-days said:

Our brave lads in Afghanistan were murdering people then covering it up pathetically badly. Their cover-up was then enabled by the head of Special Forces. Unbelievably Absolutely predictably given the precedents of organisational behaviour, the SAS unit concerned were sent back to Afghanistan for another six month tour. Sniff, so proud to be British. 

Will be shocked if any of the Tory candidates suggest any of what happened might be remotely bad, in case condemning the shooting of brown people alienates the grassroots. 

The tory candidates have bigger concerns. Sir Mo Farah has revealed he was trafficked into thr country as a child, and that it’s not hos real name. Do they say nothing if asked by the media? Say its fine because he’s a knight and successful athlete? Send him to Rwanda?

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-mo-farah-reveals-the-truth-about-how-he-came-to-the-uk-12650126

7 hours ago, williamjm said:

The 1922 committee seems determined to get through the initial stage of the leadership contest as quickly as possible with it being whittled down to the final two by the end of Thursday, possibly in attempt to try to stop the leadership candidates embarrassing themselves even more.

I thought it was end of next Thursday 

1 hour ago, dog-days said:

Their primary concern when similar incidents came up in the past was ensuring that soldiers couldn't be prosecuted or sued for this type of crime, so I imagine that's the line they'll take this time too.

2 hours ago, dog-days said:

This is horrible. But hardly surprising. 

3 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The tory candidates have bigger concerns. Sir Mo Farah has revealed he was trafficked into thr country as a child, and that it’s not hos real name. Do they say nothing if asked by the media? Say its fine because he’s a knight and successful athlete? Send him to Rwanda?

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-mo-farah-reveals-the-truth-about-how-he-came-to-the-uk-12650126

He's a drug cheat. If they really put their minds to it, I reckon they could just about get away with stripping him of his knighthood and deporting him.

According to the BBC, Farah “repeatedly denied” having L-carnitine injected when quizzed by Usada officials who travelled to London in 2015 to speak to the Olympic champion’s team as part of their investigation into his disgraced former trainer Alberto Salazar, who has since been banned from the sport for four years for anti-doping offences.

But after leaving a five-hour grilling, Farah allegedly spoke with UK Athletics’ head of distance running Barry Fudge, who had spoken to investigators the day before, with Farah then returning to inform the Usada officials that he had suddenly remembered the details of the injection.

Below is the conversation that took place between Farah and the Usada officials:

Usada: "If someone said that you were taking L-carnitine injections, are they not telling the truth?"

Farah: "Definitely not telling the truth, 100%. I've never taken L-carnitine injections at all."

Officials: "Are you sure that Alberto Salazar hasn't recommended that you take L-carnitine injections?"

Farah: "No, I've never taken L-carnitine injections."

Officials: "You're absolutely sure that you didn't have a doctor put a butterfly needle … into your arm … and inject L-carnitine a few days before the London marathon?"

Farah: "No. No chance."

Upon returning to the interview room, Farah changed his account.

Farah: "So I just wanted to come clear, sorry guys, and I did take it at the time and I thought I didn't…"

Officials: "So you received L-carnitine … before the London marathon?"

Farah: "Yeah ... There was a lot of talk before … and Alberto's always thinking about 'What's the best thing?' 'What's the best thing?'"

Officials: "… a few days before the race … with … Alberto present and your doctor and Barry Fudge and you're telling us all about that now but you didn't remember any of that when I … kept asking you about this?"

Farah: "It all comes back for me, but at the time I didn't remember."

5 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Graham? C'mon on now. He is just a spineless, craven, opportunistic sycophant. 

8/10 Tories gunning for the PM job right now are at least as bad, if not worse.

Fabricant is an odious weirdo. He is Ted Cruz levels of repulsive.

Ahh Fabricunt, who thanks to a hair transplant looks like Cloud Strife’s creepy uncle.

And Michael Gove, so drunk in parliament he can barely stand.

TimeOut index detailing 53 best cities in the world, 2022.

Edinburgh is #1. Glasgow is #4 

WHAT FUCKING BULLSHIT IS THIS???

Edinburgh ranked before Glasgow?!? A fucking disgrace. A fix.

*kicks over table*

https://www.timeout.com/things-to-do/best-cities-in-the-world

Archived