Thor: Love and Thunder [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, HokieStone said:

It's at the beginning of the movie, after Thor gets back from defeating Surtur, and the dragon thing gets it's head lopped off coming through the bifrost.  Thor flies over to where "Odin" is watching a dramatic recreation of Loki's "death" in Thor 2.  Thor suspects the truth, throws Mjolnir into the distance and holds "Odin's" head in the way of the returning hammer.  And then Loki reveals himself as pretending to be Odin.  Anyway, the actors in the play that Odin/Loki was watching were Damon playing Loki and (the other) Hemsworth playing Thor.

Sam Neill was also there as Actor Odin in Ragnarok as well as Love and Thunder

5 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

So...did Hela basically kill all of Asgard's warriors?  Other than Thor and Valkyrie, "New Asgard" seems populated by decidedly non-warrior types.  

Didn't Thanos kill most of the Norse survivors of Ragnarok?

I really loved that "Half our soldiers are always dead!" line. They lost a lot to the incredibly forgettable Thor 2 villains. Then Hela killed a ton, then Thanos killed half of the survivors. Then the blip probably killed another half. Then Gorr. I assume this is why they're training child soldiers at the end.

I thought there was a nice subtle nod to telling us that Jane Foster was blipped.  She says “what’s it been?  3 years?” And he rattles off 8 years and however many days.  

I would have liked a subtle change to the post credits scene in Valhalla.  Maybe something along the lines of “but I didn’t die in battle” and then Heimdall saying she’s been fighting her own battle bravely since her diagnosis or something along those lines.  Acknowledge that there are more honorable fights than just physical conflict.

Archived