US Politics: Cancelling Democracy

DanteGabriel

Breaking News! Stop the Presses!

https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/3563188-kinzinger-says-trump-would-probably-lie-under-oath-to-jan-6-committee/

Kinzinger says Trump would probably lie under oath to Jan. 6 committee

Oops.  Guess not news.

Of course more lying is going on from reichers:

... Republicans have in turn accused Democrats of fearmongering when they argue that the GOP will seek to block access to contraception and try to enact a nationwide abortion ban.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3562671-abortion-fight-comes-to-senate-house-floors/

They've long ago, in public, have boasted prohibiting contraceptives and national abortion ban is exactly the plan.  But you know, Dem men, will continue to play Charlie with Lucy's football as they have been doing for years with so much else.  Probably because so much else isn't of interest to them, any more than abortion is really of interest to them.  But hey -- at least they aren't lying about it, or well, maybe somewhat. Or one could just say their hearts aren't really into that messy thing?

I still don't understand how it can be legislated that women or anyone at all can't travel outside the states in which they reside.  Isn't there extensive rights to travel freely w/in the country enshrined in our Constitution?  I guess ... what this means, is that we have set aside the Constitution but haven't bothered to make a new one?  Worked so well for the states before the Constitutional Convention was called. 

Further, it finally occurs to any normal human person, regarding the laws that are to keep women from going outside their state of residence, that there are women who drive trucks for a living.  So They get to take away women's rights to working outside the home too, so to speak.  So They Work is done.  Women are back to total male subjugation, as dog intended and decreed.

14 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

I would say start dna testing men so they with have to pay for every child of their sperm. Will that get the attention of right wing men?

Eh.  They'll just skip town like they always have.  And the women have to stay in the state, so the sperm are safe from being forced to pay for slut's consequences.

There was an army at Uvalde Robb Elementary, 396 cops in kit, with weapons.  They all stood around.

In total, 376 law enforcement officers — a force larger than the garrison that defended the Alamo — descended upon the school in a chaotic, uncoordinated scene that lasted for more than an hour. The group was devoid of clear leadership, basic communications and sufficient urgency to take down the gunman, the report says.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/07/17/law-enforcement-failure-uvalde-shooting-investigation/

Full report here:

https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/d005cf551ad52eea13d8753ede93320c/Uvalde Robb Shooting Report - Texas House Committee.pdf?

You just know all 376 of then believe a woman should be imprisoned for having an abortion because they all believe a clump of cells that barely has nerve tissue yet (and yet that nerve tissue They call a heart -- which doesn't yet exist), is sacred and must be saved.

I invite anyone looking to lose the contents if their stomach to watch any Ron Johnson ad from here in Wisconsin. Are they any different than any other republican lickspittle? Likely no.  But they'll turn your stomach none the less...

2 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

I would say start dna testing men so they with have to pay for every child of their sperm. Will that get the attention of right wing men?

It is a large assumption in assuming that the get any.

3 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Hey that wasn't the deal when I donated at the clinic!

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

Kinzinger says Trump would probably lie under oath to Jan. 6 committee

And no-one in Garlands Justice Department will do a DAMN thing about it!

Eta: Contempt, tampering, bribery, extortion, tax evasion, perjory, that's all just stuff for cop shows and gangster movies. 

In RL were much too busy going after those treacherous black and brown shoplifters and dope smokers you see.

That's the important stuff, no time to enforce any laws on paleskinned white collar dudes.

And certainly no time or chance we'd make the Royal King follow the laws of the serfs.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski voted Wednesday against advancing a Democratic bill that would protect abortion rights in federal law if the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade. 

“I will be opposing the Democrats’ bill that goes far beyond just straight codification of Roe,” she said just before the vote. “And I will continue to try to work to ensure that we are protecting a woman’s right to choose.”

The bill needed 60 votes to advance past a filibuster. It got just 49, all from Democrats.

The Alaska Democratic Party expressed their disapproval on social media by posting an image of Murkowski and a snake.

“I think she’s doing what she always does,” said Lindsay Kavanaugh, the party’s executive director,  “which is trying to appease both sides. And too scared to take a stand, and it’s disappointing.”

Murkowski helps block a bill to protect abortion rights, drawing scorn from Democrats

https://alaskapublic.org/2022/05/11/murkowski-helps-block-a-bill-to-protect-abortion-rights-drawing-scorn-from-democrats/

5 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

That would be so easy.  Just swab the cheek of every newborn boy baby. Keep it in a file. 
What, you say that violates your privacy?  Oh REALLY?

wgaf

4 hours ago, Zorral said:

There was an army at Uvalde Robb Elementary, 396 cops in kit, with weapons.  They all stood around.

This report truly makes me want to vomit. 

So a very good legal strategy being advocated for by Constitutional Law Professor Alan Morrison.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/14th-amendment-constitution-insurrectionist-ban-trump-lawsuit-alan-morrison_n_62d49f2be4b0f6913031334b#

Basicly Morris is pointing out that under the 14th Amendment Section 3, Trump is not eligible to run for President again due to his actions leading the Jan. 6th insurrection.

Morrison is saying the Democratic Party needs to sue for an immediate injunction.

Why do I get the sick feeling that not a finger will be lifted cuz reasons n seal flips n barking arf-arf-arf-arf-arrrrrf, it's so hard.

The Spin Doctors will be tripping over each other to give excuses why we CANNOT do this......he is the Royal King after all.

Archived