R + L = J & D and the Reforging of Lightbringer - Jon as Oathkeeper and Daenerys as Widow's Wail

Adam Targaryen

[Hi everyone. I'm sorry if there are already some threads about this. I searched for "R + L = J & D" but I didn't find a single result, which is very weird. Anyway:]

If R + L = J & D, then there is the chance that this is foreshadowed/represented by the reforging of the prophesied Lightbringer, and that Jon represents Oathkeeper and Daenerys represents Widow's Wail, with them both coming together to have a child together, which will be Lightbringer.

What do you guys think about this? Is this already a well-known theory, and what evidence is there for and against?

The theory about R + L = J & D has been talked about in several threads before, but I could not find them while searching. This thread is ASSUMING THAT R + L = J & D, then what are the chances that this will thematically tie in with the reforging of Lightbringer theory, and that the swords Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail, made from House Stark's ancestral Valyrian greatsword Ice, will be reforged into one sword again, and that Jon and Daenerys will have a similar coming together, either as a metaphorical project - such as restoring the Night's Watch together - or by physically having a child together.

House Stark's Ice is Lyanna Stark.

Oathkeeper is Jon Snow because of his honour and keeping of oaths (although he does of course also break some of his Night's Watch oaths).

Widow's Wail is Daenerys Targaryen because of her being a widow of Khal Drogo, and deriving her dragons from the events surrounding his death.

Also, how would GRRM be able to pull this one off without it looking like some hero's cliché? Probably with Daenerys dying in childbirth, thus completing the Nissa Nissa prophecy as well. Or what do you guys think?

[Once again, please move my post to a thread if there is already a thread for this exact theory.]

I'm not sure RL has to equal J and D for this symbolism to work.

On the other, whole I'm sure there will be more than blood and air between Jon and Daenerys, I find it hard to imagine that they will have a child or multiple children together. What of they have twins? Does the magical match has to happen there times? 

Even if they will happen to be given a child by George, what role could it possible have as an infant?

But giving some tought to it, Jon isn't an oathkeeper, and he will very much continue to break oaths, I imagine (he's my favorite character, ok?). Not in a bad way, but still.

On the other hand, Daenerys isn't exactly a widow who's incapable of getting trough the death of here husband. 

And of course, Daenerys had sex with Daario multiple times already, but if she and Jon were to actually do it, they would do the exact opposite of what the name of the swords would indicate. Especially if they were to marry, which is a weird tought even for me, who is convinced in their romance. Altough so is the two having a child together. I'm not sure ressurected Jon Will be fertile anyway, and that's assuming Daenerys is liftes from her own curse in some way.

What I mean is they are quite the opposite of the name of the swords, which is strange as it is.

But this symbolistic parallel is more hint towards RL equaling JD than people who try to find some evidence in any other ways. 

Jon being connected to “oathkeeper” will be the hypocrisy of the series. Yes, I also believe Ice will be reforged again but it is not Lightbringer but rather Darkbringer. Jon will wield Darkbringer and bring the darkness to Westeros.  Lightbringer personified is Daenerys, the daughter of death. King Aerys II and Queen Rhaella died to bring her into the world. Rhaegar and Viserys died to put her in position to have the throne of Westeros. Drogo and Rhaego died so she can become the Dragon who mounts the Dothraki.  Hizdahr will die to make her the monarch of Meereen. 

Archived