Star Trek: There! Are! 4! shows!

IheartIheartTesla

Sure. There were some shenanigans with it, but I didn't read a lot if the non canon DS9 stuff unless it bled into larger story arcs.  I mean, I was blissfully unaware Ro was Captain of DS9 and involved in a relationship with Quark and that Kira had gone off to be a Vedek until a larger spanning story required characters to cross-over with one another...

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I can’t see Sisko leaving Bajor on a permanent basis… like that.

"The Sisko is of Bajor, but he will find no rest there." But captaining a starship doesn't seem like the sort of thing the Prophets had in mind for him.

As much as I'd love to see him return and it's messed up he had to leave his son, once he becomes a wormhole alien and stops experiencing time I don't see how it makes sense for him to return and go back to Starfleet. He fulfilled his purpose, and he's something else now. 

On 9/28/2022 at 1:31 AM, IheartIheartTesla said:

I think the Rutherford backstory is one of the few elements in Lower Decks that  has a multi-episode arc, and I like how they've teased it along. Speaking of, what ever happened after the episode where we looked at lower decks in the various ships (Klingon, Vulcan, Pakled and Fed)? I thought we were going to see more of the Vulcan ensign who defied stereotypes but nothing ever came of it.

The show runner has said in an interview that they were surprised by the popularity of T'Lynn, and that S3 was already well in production at that time. She will be back for season 4, at least (and maybe feature in some capacity in a late S3 episode, I don't remember if anything was stated about that one way or the other).

21 hours ago, RumHam said:

I don't even want to spoil the premise but this might be my favorite episode yet. 

Certainly a daring one. It was enjoyable, though it seems to get love-it-or-hate-it reactions online.

6 minutes ago, Wouter said:

Certainly a daring one. It was enjoyable, though it seems to get love-it-or-hate-it reactions online.

Well, understandable, as it's more of a Voyager convention working there...but I thought it was a brilliant episode.

50 minutes ago, Wouter said:

I was surprised by that, some people seemed really turned off by Penut Hamper being a terrible person/robot. To me that's what makes it so amusing. It's a familiar feeling Star Trek plot but the stranded person is the worst.

A decade and a half of Its Always Sunny in Phildelphia has trained me to appreciate the humor that can be mined from terrible people.

I was extremely impressed by the way they basically managed to give us a movie experience in 30 minutes. I mean, while the joke is often made that most ST (particularly TNG) movies are like 2 1 hour episodes patched together, this episode went entirely the other way.

Will discuss more when most others have had a chance to watch.

2 hours ago, Wouter said:

The show runner has said in an interview that they were surprised by the popularity of T'Lynn, and that S3 was already well in production at that time. She will be back for season 4, at least (and maybe feature in some capacity in a late S3 episode, I don't remember if anything was stated about that one way or the other).

That's good to know; but I thought the way the episode ended having a follow up was part of their thinking anyways?

That was a strange episode for me. I hated it at first, than by the middle I loved it, then once the twist happened I hated it again, but the final scene made me love it again, so yea, talk about a roller coaster of an episode.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

This was an ok episode for me, with some very funny jokes, but overall, PH is just not that compelling for me.

Count me among those who'd love to see T'Lynn back, even as a regular.

Yea, T'Lynn was great. I'm honestly shocked they've yet to bring her back.

17 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I was extremely impressed by the way they basically managed to give us a movie experience in 30 minutes. I mean, while the joke is often made that most ST (particularly TNG) movies are like 2 1 hour episodes patched together, this episode went entirely the other way.

Will discuss more when most others have had a chance to watch.

That's good to know; but I thought the way the episode ended having a follow up was part of their thinking anyways?

They apparently viewed T'Lynn as no more than a character they could bring back later, maybe a bit like they brought back Peanut Hamper only after one and a half season. Surprising, but then they didn't bring back Magh either. Though with T'Lynn, at least we got the hook that she would supposedly join starfleet.

Archived