Star Trek: There! Are! 4! shows!

IheartIheartTesla

Yeah, the Picard trailer was bananas, and going overboard on fixing the "why aren't they actually on a Federation ship?" criticism.

Spoiler

Lore and Moriarty teaming up as the main villains? The Odyssey-class Enterprise-F canonised? Nice.

Worf extolling a new kind of zen stoicism is amusing, and not massively out of keeping with his revisionist take on Klingon philosophy he developed through the end of DS9, especially since he clearly is still happy to kick the shit out of enemies who deserve it.

I do suspect it might start off well and gradually collapse over the course of the season, since we've had that happen twice already.

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Yeah, the Picard trailer was bananas, and going overboard on fixing the "why aren't they actually on a Federation ship?" criticism.

Hide contents

Lore and Moriarty teaming up as the main villains? The Odyssey-class Enterprise-F canonised? Nice.

Worf extolling a new kind of zen stoicism is amusing, and not massively out of keeping with his revisionist take on Klingon philosophy he developed through the end of DS9, especially since he clearly is still happy to kick the shit out of enemies who deserve it.

I do suspect it might start off well and gradually collapse over the course of the season, since we've had that happen twice already.

Whonare the others though?  I mean...I cannot figure out who those other, apparent, villains are...

27 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Whonare the others though?  I mean...I cannot figure out who those other, apparent, villains are...

Vadic, played by Amanda Plummer (daughter of Christopher). She's new.

4 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Sweet Jesus on a cracker...Picard Season Three might just be the most awesome thing ever...please God let that be true...

Have they changed up the writing staff? Season one was alright but season two... by the end I'd stopped pausing it when I left the room. 

That trailer was good, except maybe the "just to be clear: this is lore" at the end. an evil grin and the fact that Data is dead twice now would have sufficed. 

I'm sure they'll find an excuse for Lore to look old, but don't Klingons age slower than humans? I feel like they should have died Worf's hair. 

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

I'm sure they'll find an excuse for Lore to look old, but don't Klingons age slower than humans? I feel like they should have died Worf's hair. 

Yes, Klingons can easily surpass 200.

Dorn looked excellent for 69.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Why would Worf become a pacifist?  Isn’t that entirely antithetical to his entire personality and to the Klingon culture we’ve been introduced to?

To "subvert our expectations" would be my guess, lol

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

Have they changed up the writing staff? Season one was alright but season two... by the end I'd stopped pausing it when I left the room. 

They changed showrunners mid-season because Terry Matsalas went on to work on season 3. And it showed.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Why would Worf become a pacifist?  Isn’t that entirely antithetical to his entire personality and to the Klingon culture we’ve been introduced to?

(Sorry for double post, multi quote didn't work.)

It's almost as if he were an individual who could learn and change!

I thought the idea was great, and Riker's reaction --

Spoiler

"We're all going to die!"

-- was hilarious.

My instant association was G'Kar of Babylon 5, his arc was done beautifully.

Matsalas has alluded to

Spoiler

killing someone off. My money is on Raffi, because getting rid of Picard characters it was this show does.

I mean, he says he's a pacifist... while having a Klingon bladed weapon slung on his back and then headbutting someone into unconsciousness.

I think Worf's version of pacifism may not be entirely our version of pacifism...

2 hours ago, Ran said:

I mean, he says he's a pacifist... while having a Klingon bladed weapon slung on his back and then headbutting someone into unconsciousness.

I think Worf's version of pacifism may not be entirely our version of pacifism...

Holodeck pacifism. You can still be violent, just not kill anyone...

And I have zero issues with the trailer stating that Spiner was Lore. Or a Lore.  I honestly hadn't considered the idea, having had all those Soongs running around previously. 

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

Dorn looked excellent for 69.

Agreed, it's just the grey hair that makes him look older than I suspect a Klingon his age should. 

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

And I have zero issues with the trailer stating that Spiner was Lore. Or a Lore.  I honestly hadn't considered the idea, having had all those Soongs running around previously. 

It's a minor quibble for sure. 

9 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

At the end of DS9, Worf had developed quite an interesting, nuanced look at the Klingons and the weaknesses of their, "let's kill everything always raargh," outlook. I suspect his version of pacifism is "let's not kill anyone unless completely necessary, but then totally," not a human definition of pacifism.

Looking forward to the season "1B" of Prodigy. Looks to be fun mix between Janeway chasing the "meddling kids" (who will probably get away with it) and problems-of-the-week, especially as I think the Dauntless may be visiting places after the Protostar has passed (and done its thing to, hopefully, solve the problem-of-the-week). 

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

At the end of DS9, Worf had developed quite an interesting, nuanced look at the Klingons and the weaknesses of their, "let's kill everything always raargh," outlook. I suspect his version of pacifism is "let's not kill anyone unless completely necessary, but then totally," not a human definition of pacifism.

I mean in the final few episodes of DS9 Worf kills both Weyoun and Garon. He's very much still a warrior in DS9 season 7.

Only people I memorably recall Worf killing are Duras (justifiably) and Gowron (also justifiably since it saved a bunch of Klingon lives in the end). He was also raised by humans and as such his viewpoint on Klingon aggresion was tempered by his upbringing. He seemed fine with his son being a great diplomat in an alternate future and was an ambassador himself at the end of DS9 I think.I wouldnt be surprised by a more philosophical outlook on the world from him.

Archived