Ivana Trump dies

Ormond

I am not sure this is quite appropriate to just put in the US Political news thread, but if administrators thinks it belongs there, please move it.

Any way, the news has just come out that Ivana Trump, first wife of Donald, has died at age 73. No matter what you think of her and her kids, it does make me sorry for them that their less narcissistic parent has died first. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ivana-trump-ex-wife-donald-trump-dead-73-rcna38310

43 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Well that press release from “the former President” certainly doesn’t sound like it was written by him. Yes, we know it wasn’t but oh my, it sounds so phoney.

Trump is fund raising off it. 

Having lived here, where all the tabloids one read while riding the subway to work every morning, this is the stuff that always hit me about Ivanka, re Wiki:

In October 1990, Ivana's 63-year-old father, Miloš Zelníček, died suddenly from a heart attack. According to The Guardian, her father was an informer for Czechoslovakia's Státní bezpečnost (StB) intelligence service who relayed information from his daughter, including a correct prediction that George H. W. Bush would win the 1988 presidential election.[29] Despite their marital troubles and pending divorce, Ivana stood side by side with Donald at her father's funeral in Zlín[30] held in November 1990.[29] The service was also attended by Jaroslav Jansa, secret collaborator to the StB.[29]

Also that she lied about her personal success the same way the current unspeakable successor does:

It was reported that she was selected as an alternate on the Czechoslovak ski team during the 1972 Winter Olympics, specializing in downhill and slalom.[10][6] However, in 1989, Petr Pomezný, Secretary General of the Czechoslovak Olympic Committee, refuted the claim and stated that despite searching extensively, no record could be found of her involvement.[7]

There have been enough successors to Ivana that no one can miss there is a very specific type for Mr romperisto, down to including relatives who have shady relationships with the political structures of Russia. The current one's sell-by date though, is coming on fast. He can keep trading in forever, see: Murdoch. 

She excited Sarah Palin when she came to Alaska to shill for Penny's.  "She's brought glamor to Alaska," the maverick gahgahed.

BTW -- that phony twitter, i.e. he didn't write it, announcing the death -- is a fund raising tweet.  That's the point of the thing. God what a pack of classless, icky, ugly grifters.  Never a moment they aren't out there grifting.

9 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I thought the title said "Ivanka Trump dies".

She looks like a zombie, but apparently, not dead. 

At least her didn’t claim Ivana was a coffee girl, or that he didn’t know her. 

There won't be opportunity for cat fighting as romperista's already got it All, you betcha!  Not a trick / grift to be left behind - he's fundraising on the screens that announce her death.

55 minutes ago, mormont said:

You'll note that at no point in that announcement does Trump say that he loved her. Nothing to suggest vulnerability or loss.

Tbh, the fact that her death isn’t all about him is the biggest clue he didn’t write that tweet.

1 hour ago, mormont said:

You'll note that at no point in that announcement does Trump say that he loved her. Nothing to suggest vulnerability or loss.

I mean there's a credible claim that he ripped out large patches of her hair and then raped her, and he did it because he was mad and in pain from a poor hair transplant. That's who this guy is.

For all BoJo's faults he's not Trump levels of evil.

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You know this for certain, how?

blojo's committed sexual assault, we do know.

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Well, he is rumoured to have gotten his wife's hairdresser pregnant, before beating her up and having her deported to Canada.

And, just recently, Diane Abbot went on the telly and claimed that Johnson enjoys assaulting women.

Now, if I was in Bojo's position, and someone said that about me on national TV, I think I would probably sue. Unless of course I didn't want my dirty, wife-beating laundry aired in a court of law.

48 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Well, he is rumoured to have gotten his wife's hairdresser pregnant, before beating her up and having her deported to Canada.

And, just recently, Diane Abbot went on the telly and claimed that Johnson enjoys assaulting women.

Now, if I was in Bojo's position, and someone said that about me on national TV, I think I would probably sue. Unless of course I didn't want my dirty, wife-beating laundry aired in a court of law.

I thought a lot of this was still gossip. And even if it is that doesn't absolve Boris of being a rotten piece of shit, but I still don't think he comes close to how awful Trump is. He's just a cheap imitation.

11 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Can we all not have some class, please? Really. Please consider showing restraint.

Class, as in trying to fundraise of the death of your ex-wife who you probably hated? 

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Class, as in trying to fundraise of the death of your ex-wife who you probably hated? 

Whom. 

Regardless, says a lot when people are going even lower than “attempting to fundraise off the death of an ex-wife”. That’s a pretty low bar.

Archived