Ivana Trump dies

Ormond

8 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Whom. 

:P

Regardless, says a lot when people are going even lower than “attempting to fundraise off the death of an ex-wife”. That’s a pretty low bar.

Eh, not sure what else @Ormond should have expected. Ivana Trump was irrelevant to anyone who wasn't a friend or family member. This thread obviously would just lead to comments about Donald, and good lord did he do that to himself.

:dunno:

They say children should never pass before their parents and Ivana's mother at 96 is still alive so that must be very hard for her.

The T name has become so tainted for many these past few years that it's hard to remember before times when we might have had different thoughts.  Ivana was certainly a big and bold personality in her own right in the past.  For a time in NYC you could not escape her in the newspapers and on tv.  She was everywhere.  Then the cheating and divorce from her second husband and the whole media frenzy only increased that.  Of course there was no internet back then and you had to get the news in other ways - I remember picking up the Daily News newspaper every morning for several weeks to find out the latest.  But then after the divorce, she exploded on a bigger national scale.  She got a Vogue cover and a new look and opportunities like a cameo in The First Wives Club movie with her famous catch phrase Don't Get Mad - Get Everything!  And people were rooting for her and she had her moment.  And then time moved on and she became less relevant to the public and only got remembered in connection with her second husband and her children.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

:P

Eh, not sure what else @Ormond should have expected. Ivana Trump was irrelevant to anyone who wasn't a friend or family member. This thread obviously would just lead to comments about Donald, and good lord did he do that to himself.

:dunno:

What I expected? I didn't expect anything about this except that I thought it was better to have a separate thread on it rather than have it discussed in the US Politics thread, where it would have taken up space for things a lot more relevant to real political issues. 

11 hours ago, lady narcissa said:

it's hard to remember before times when we might have had different thoughts

Never had different thoughts about any of them from the first I ever heard of them upon moving here.  They all have always been known to be liars, jokes, who fail at everything except grifting, and staying out of jail because they were effectively mobbed up.

She was found fallen on her stairs (shades of The Staircase, the dramatized version just on HBO, and the documentary on Netflix, the true crime tale of a guy killing his wife, found on the stairs). The NYPD is investigating.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/14/nyregion/ivana-trump-dead.html

.... The New York City police were investigating whether Ms. Trump fell down the stairs at her townhouse on the Upper East Side, according to two law enforcement officials with knowledge of the matter. One of the officials said that there was no sign of forced entry at the home and that the death appeared to be accidental. A spokeswoman for the city’s chief medical examiner’s office said it would investigate the death. ....

But people can't stop speculating, naturally, as her death so conveniently put a halt to them fulfilling, finally, their long stonewalling to testimony on their dodgy money practices, due to compassion postponement due to death in the family.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/politics/trump-depositions-delayed/index.html

4 minutes ago, Zorral said:

She was found fallen on her stairs (shades of The Staircase, the dramatized version just on HBO, and the documentary on Netflix, the true crime tale of a guy killing his wife, found on the stairs). The NYPD is investigating.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/14/nyregion/ivana-trump-dead.html

But people can't stop speculating, naturally, as her death so conveniently put a halt to them fulfilling, finally, their long stonewalling to testimony on their dodgy money practices, due to compassion postponement due to death in the family.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/politics/trump-depositions-delayed/index.html

She is an elderly lady who apparently had some hip issues as well.  Honestly, the conspiracy nuts should check it.  It doesn’t look any better when the left tries it on than the right.  Apparently #Epsteined is trending on twitter.  Eff that noise.

2 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

She is an elderly lady who apparently had some hip issues as well.  Honestly, the conspiracy nuts should check it.  It doesn’t look any better when the left tries it on than the right.  Apparently #Epsteined is trending on twitter.  Eff that noise.

Hey, she’s only 5 1/2 years older than me! 70 is the new 60!

I wondered, actually, if maybe she had Covid-19.

1 minute ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

Honestly, the conspiracy nuts should check it.

I like how the apparent motive is to get the NY AG's office to grant a request to temporarily delay depositions.

Ivana Trump died of blunt force injuries to her torso, medical examiner says

Ivana Trump, the first wife of Donald Trump and the mother of his three oldest children, died from blunt force injuries to her torso that she suffered accidentally, New York City’s chief medical examiner said Friday.

The former president announced that Ivana Trump died aged 73 a day earlier at her Manhattan home, but didn’t include any details about the cause or manner of her death. Friday’s statement from the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner did not have any details about exactly how Ivana Trump sustained her fatal injuries but made clear officials’ belief that her death was considered unintentional.

12 minutes ago, DMC said:

Yeah I've always figured if Trump ordered an assassination he'd be hunkered down in his lair on Tatooine in Palm Beach.

I am quite fond of Palm Beach. The entire place need not be maligned because Mar A Lago exists there!!

4 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I am quite fond of Palm Beach. The entire place need not be maligned because Mar A Lago exists there!!

That joke really wasn't meant to malign Palm Beach.

Ivana's sons were too good to carry their mother's coffin. https://www.yahoo.com/news/ivana-trump-funeral-donald-eric-ivanka-don-jr-children-nyc-182434646.html

Also

In lieu of flowers, the family requested that attendees donate to Big Dog Ranch Rescue, a charity whose mission is to end dog homelessness.

59 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

In lieu of flowers, the family requested that attendees donate to Big Dog Ranch Rescue, a charity whose mission is to end dog homelessness.

Isn't this one of their many grifts?

41 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Isn't this one of their many grifts?

Quite possible. There was an article about it that claimed that Trump allowed the charity to have events on his properties so he could pocket some of the proceedings. 

Archived