UK Politics: Come See The Clowns, And Their Lapdogs Too

polishgenius

I have to say, "EU breaks International law" returns surprisingly few google results. Mostly they are about the Tories and the NI protocol. 

Oh, and some pretty wooly stuff in the Spectator that doesn't really demonstrate anything at all. 

So the claim that the EU routinely breaks international law is nothing but more undercooked Tory horseshit.

2 hours ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Well, if it's done and the benefits are off the charts, just imagine how those benefits will be if you redo the whole thing! 

True. It all makes sense now.

21 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I have to say, "EU breaks International law" returns surprisingly few google results. Mostly they are about the Tories and the NI protocol. 

Oh, and some pretty wooly stuff in the Spectator that doesn't really demonstrate anything at all. 

So the claim that the EU routinely breaks international law is nothing but more undercooked Tory horseshit.

Is it possible that briefly googling a phrase isn’t quite sufficient to declare it undercooked horseshit? Hmm.

(FYI, try putting quotes around “EU breaks” to rule out articles mentioning the opposite)

23 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

Is it possible that briefly googling a phrase isn’t quite sufficient to declare it undercooked horseshit? Hmm.

(FYI, try putting quotes around “EU breaks” to rule out articles mentioning the opposite)

Okay. I did that and the results are hilarious. A bunch of frothing, poorly formatted, hard Brexit websites and a lonely Daily Express piece, claiming that the EU breaks international law all the time, without providing a single example that isn't more Brexiteer bullshit.

I mean, considering HoI's claim that the EU routinely breaks international law, you'd expect a whole slew of news stories, perhaps even a dedicated Wikipedia article along with a strongly worded condemnation from Desmond Tutu.

So, come on Dave, help a Spocky out here. Where are all the examples? 

6 minutes ago, Raja said:

I really don't get that fear of inflation talk. Isn't inflation already there? Or does it only counts when the unwashed masses put their grubby fingers on some extra money to deal with the unflashion(tm)?

Some of the discourse around the heatwave is bonkers. You have people saying that the health warnings are just more woke fear mongering (whatever the fuck that means) . WTF is wrong with these people?

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Some of the discourse around the heatwave is bonkers. You have people saying that the health warnings are just more woke fear mongering (whatever the fuck that means) . WTF is wrong with these people?

It is getting more surreal.

Sure, 1976 had like two weeks where it was consistently above 30 degrees for a large chunk of the country. But it peaked at 35 and never got within spitting distance of 40. That was also almost fifty years ago, and people who "got through it just fine" were kids or young adults. There was also a 30% increase in above-normal deaths during the peak of the heatwave (and 20% for its entire duration).

If we got as many ladybirds as 1976, that'd be crazy though.

Rishi and Liz have pulled out of next debates so they're cancelled. I assume they realise that they all are coming across terribly and showing the public how weak the leadership contenders are benefits nobody. 

41 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Rishi and Liz have pulled out of next debates so they're cancelled. I assume they realise that they all are coming across terribly and showing the public how weak the leadership contenders are benefits nobody. 

Tory HQ last week: “we need debates so the public can get to know the candidates”

Tory HQ this week: “we need to cancel the debates because the public are getting to know the candidates”

On 7/17/2022 at 2:05 PM, Spockydog said:

Sure, it's no big deal. But who, other than the self-employed, orders their work supplies on an ad hoc basis from Amazon?

Is that what the Met are doing now? 

We do.   I work for a Car company begins with f and not Italian.

although we use the companies account not our own one.

Archived