UK Politics: Come See The Clowns, And Their Lapdogs Too

polishgenius

16 minutes ago, Denvek said:

Is there a wave of Blue Flu coming?

We don't even need to do that. We can refuse to drive, carry guns, taser, do public order duties etc. You can strike without striking. But it's against the rules to push others to do so, so it never takes off. 

11 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Quite the thing. Now that he has claimed its existence, surely he can name names as a final heroic act of his premiership.

And the balls of even thinking that a British deep state would be anything other than conservative and monarchist...
Or, for that matter, not sitting in the house of Lords

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Public sector pay rises announced today. Lots of strikes incoming. Except us, we just have to eat it. 

Yeah, I'd be surprised if doctors don't strike next spring. It is almost a certainty.

10 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I'm giggling at the thought of countless gammony Tory wankers fuming at the lack of middle-aged white blokes in the leadership contest. A lot of these pricks will be losing their minds. 

Didn't happen. Sorry to disappoint.

23 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I'm giggling at the thought of countless gammony Tory wankers fuming at the lack of middle-aged white blokes in the leadership contest. A lot of these pricks will be losing their minds. 

Voters, but probably not the members who get to vote on new leader? 

3 minutes ago, A wilding said:

It is an interesting question though. Given the preponderance of old white men in the parliamentary Tory party, and indeed in the wider Tory party as well, how come so few of them even entered the leadership contest?

Nobody wants to drink from the poisoned chalice.

9 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Voters, but probably not the members who get to vote on new leader? 

Aye, mainly voters. Though I expect many of them to inadvertently vote for Starmer. If it looks like a Tory, walks like a Tory, etc.... 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Public sector pay rises announced today. Lots of strikes incoming. Except us, we just have to eat it. 

You're actually getting a pay rise? I haven't had one in 3 years. But being in the highest pay bracket for non-managerial staff I have been able to absorb it. The staff in the lower pay grades have at least got a 1.5% raise, but in the face of 7% inflation...it's better than a kick in the nuts, but it's still a slap in the face.

2 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

You're actually getting a pay rise? I haven't had one in 3 years. But being in the highest pay bracket for non-managerial staff I have been able to absorb it. The staff in the lower pay grades have at least got a 1.5% raise, but in the face of 7% inflation...it's better than a kick in the nuts, but it's still a slap in the face.

Allegedly. But we have had below inflation/no pay rise for 14 years in a row so I'm not holding out much hope. Talk is we may get 5% which would be nice in a normal year, but this year is a 6% pay cut. 

34 minutes ago, A wilding said:

It is an interesting question though. Given the preponderance of old white men in the parliamentary Tory party, and indeed in the wider Tory party as well, how come so few of them even entered the leadership contest?

Bit of an odd question given just how much diversity there is amongst the candidates, and that most of the more prominent members of cabinet had a go. Its a bit odd that with such a diverse bunch, the question is 'why didn't the white men have a go'.

Think we just need to move away from many of the outdated assumptions of who Tory voters are these days. 

9 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Bit of an odd question given just how much diversity there is amongst the candidates, and that most of the more prominent members of cabinet had a go. Its a bit odd that with such a diverse bunch, the question is 'why didn't the white men have a go'.

Think we just need to move away from many of the outdated assumptions of who Tory voters are these days. 

Women and BAME people are allowed to be fascist bigots just like everyone else. 

Archived