UK Politics: Come See The Clowns, And Their Lapdogs Too

polishgenius

8 minutes ago, Raja said:

Look man, didn't you read the climate thread. Everything is fine and we're all doom merchants

Nobody has posted there in two and a half months so I assumed the doom merchants all melted!

And as bad as it's going to be in the UK, I forgot that India got hit far, far worse a few months back. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

CNN's top story is about how these temperatures were projected to happen in 2050. Most projections seem to be happening much faster than expected and the global community's response is still woefully inadequate. It's pretty depressing.

Our prospective leaders are basically wanting to ditch net zero.

10 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nobody has posted there in two and a half months so I assumed the doom merchants all melted

Ah wait, I meant the preparing for the future thread.

Also, money tree klaxon!

Badenoch is dreadful. She speaks confidently, lot less hapless-seeming than Truss for example, but without any connection to... well, reality. Blamed inflation on keeping people from starving by giving them furlough, and then responded to a question about the NHS backlog, where generally the concern is about important quality-of-life operations and suchlike, with 'I sympathise, I chipped my tooth'. 

I don’t think I saw anyone mention this, but apparently some candidates were interviewed and asked about the naughtiest thing they’ve ever done. Apparently Tugendhat said no, he never used drugs, but he had invaded a country.

That man has a strange definition of ‘naughty’.

3 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Blamed inflation on keeping people from starving by giving them furlough

This one really is bonkers. Furlough, for many people, reduced their monthly income by 20%. The money was spent in different sectors of the economy but there wasn't more of it. And it's been over for some time. If it had somehow had an inflationary effect (it can't have), that would have been out of the system months ago.

The right of the Tory party genuinely don't seem to have a clue how the economy works. Like, even the basics.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

I don’t think I saw anyone mention this, but apparently some candidates were interviewed and asked about the naughtiest thing they’ve ever done. Apparently Tugendhat said no, he never used drugs, but he had invaded a country.

He literally never misses a chance to mention he was in the army. He can shoehorn it in to any question he's asked (see earlier posts). It's attained levels of self-parody by now.

The ‘naughtiest thing you’ve done’ question is so stupid. It’s basically a fuck you, here’s a question you can’t possibly answer. If you ran around in a field, everyone laughs at you. And anything above that starts to just sabotage yourself. Is there literally any answer once you’ve ruled out lame things, illegal things and things that make you sound like a dick?

Honestly I don’t think ‘invaded a country’ is the worst answer given the situation.

29 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

The ‘naughtiest thing you’ve done’ question is so stupid. It’s basically a fuck you, here’s a question you can’t possibly answer. If you ran around in a field, everyone laughs at you. And anything above that starts to just sabotage yourself. Is there literally any answer once you’ve ruled out lame things, illegal things and things that make you sound like a dick?

Honestly I don’t think ‘invaded a country’ is the worst answer given the situation.

That's why Gove couldn't stand - 'snorted a 9 inch line off a man's cock' wouldn't go down very well in the Tory heartlands. 

Pretty sure ex army officers are supposed to think invasions are a legitimate exercise of foreign policy. Really needed a follow up question such as “what war crimes did you commit, then?”

Delighted to see that the latest politically controversial health issue is sunshine, apparently.

Link to Twitter

'Hi, I'm the Chief Medical Officer and I'm here to let you know about the symptoms of heat exhaustion and sunstroke'.

'Don't tell me what to do you SJW!'

'We didn't need health advice in 1976!'

'Holiday weather, just enjoy it, no need for this big government nonsense!'

13 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Just for devilment he should have said he tortured confessions out of prisoners.

Isn't Sunak the son-in-law of tech giant and billionaire Narayana Murthy (Infosys)? There was some stuff about his wife (Sunak's) and indian taxes recently but fizzled out.

Would be ironic if Mr Rishi comes to power, that the country which was arguably the worst colonial-imperial gets a PM with ancestry from one of its former colonies in the commonwealth.

PS Did Johnson say anything about preferring that woman whatshername to Sunak since the latter was kinda responsible for his ouster? the news here is shit and the good ones talk in geopolitical jargon that ignorant me cant wrap my head around

Archived