Jump to content

UK Politics: Come See The Clowns, And Their Lapdogs Too


polishgenius
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

If she is using it to get stuff delivered quicker that she needs for work 

Such as?

I mean, I know I've been out of the employment life for a while now, but is that what people do now? Just order your work stuff from Amazon? Need a new stapler, get it Amazoned by to you by 4pm tomorrow?

And Prime delivery isn't quicker, it's just included in the cost of purchase. 

 

Edited by Spockydog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Liz Truss claimed her Amazon Prime subscription on expenses. 

To watch The Boys? Oii!, Then it's forgivable.

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

If she is using it to get stuff delivered quicker that she needs for work I'd say its justified. Unlike the rest of her existence which totally isn't. 

I forgot the delivery shit, bingeing and all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Such as?

I mean, I know I've been out of the employment life for a while now, but is that what people do now? Just order your work stuff from Amazon? Need a new stapler, get it Amazoned by to you by 4pm tomorrow?

And Prime delivery isn't quicker, it's just included in the cost of purchase. 

 

If you order stuff off amazon for work it would be cheaper to pay prime for the year than individual postage. I can't get enraged by this, it's hardly a moat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure, it's no big deal. But who, other than the self-employed, orders their work supplies on an ad hoc basis from Amazon?

Is that what the Met are doing now? 

Edited by Spockydog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spockydog said:

Sure, it's no big deal. But who, other than the self-employed, orders their work supplies on an ad hoc basis from Amazon?

Is that what the Met are doing now? 

Sometimes. It's always cheaper than our suppliers. If anyone wants a side hustle start supplying the met, we over pay for everything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

If you order stuff off amazon for work it would be cheaper to pay prime for the year than individual postage. I can't get enraged by this, it's hardly a moat. 

I mean, it's objectively small fries, but still...

I mean, let's assume for a second she really does (at least in part) use it for work related stuff (unlikely but ok). This woman wants to lead that silly little country of yours, so if she didn't think that one would look bad, her political instincts are pretty non-existent, and she'd have to be plain stupid for that (ok, we're talking about Truss here, so that's a distinct possibility), which in itself should be disqualifying. But since we're talking about the best and most competent Tories right now, it obviously isn't.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How in the world is she planning to redo BREXIT?  The UK is OUT OF THE EU.  Out.  It's done. It's completed. It's over.  The UK is no longer an EU member.  What am I missing here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How in the world is she planning to redo BREXIT?  The UK is OUT OF THE EU.  Out.  It's done. It's completed. It's over.  The UK is no longer an EU member.  What am I missing here?

There is a delusion among some Conservatives that Britain is much, much more powerful and important than the EU, it holds all the cards, and the EU will bend over to accommodate them just because they say so.

Constantly being proven wrong on this front is something that never seems to sink in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How in the world is she planning to redo BREXIT?  The UK is OUT OF THE EU.  Out.  It's done. It's completed. It's over.  The UK is no longer an EU member.  What am I missing here?

The deal we signed (in order for Tories to win election) sucks, so the government is trying to renegotiate it.

one problem is Northern Ireland. Its kind of in a limbo. To be Fully like the UK means hard border with Ireland. To have a hard birder violates Good Friday Agreement. The Tories at present dont give a shit about NI but Biden does, so they have to be careful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Werthead said:

There is a delusion among some Conservatives that Britain is much, much more powerful and important than the EU, it holds all the cards, and the EU will bend over to accommodate them just because they say so.

Constantly being proven wrong on this front is something that never seems to sink in.

That’s not really true. What has proven to be true is that what the EU says and what the EU does are two different things, and they will change their position if pressed. The hard negotiating position by the UK worked actually pretty well to get the EU to do things it said it wouldn’t do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The deal we signed (in order for Tories to win election) sucks, so the government is trying to renegotiate it.

one problem is Northern Ireland. Its kind of in a limbo. To be Fully like the UK means hard border with Ireland. To have a hard birder violates Good Friday Agreement. The Tories at present dont give a shit about NI but Biden does, so they have to be careful

Again, this is really such a simplistic take on the situation as to be worthless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

That’s not really true. What has proven to be true is that what the EU says and what the EU does are two different things, and they will change their position if pressed. The hard negotiating position by the UK worked actually pretty well to get the EU to do things it said it wouldn’t do. 

Unlike the UK that signs a deal, declarea it “splendid” - and then declares it’s shit and wants to renegotiate it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Unlike the UK that signs a deal, declarea it “splendid” - and then declares it’s shit and wants to renegotiate it?

Sure, I don’t think we should be pulling out of the deal , there are ways to improve it, but the idea that the EU is some paragon of virtue, that doesn’t routinely break international law, and tells the truth is also a total fiction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Werthead said:

There is a delusion among some Conservatives that Britain is much, much more powerful and important than the EU, it holds all the cards, and the EU will bend over to accommodate them just because they say so.

Constantly being proven wrong on this front is something that never seems to sink in.

The deluded who are determined to remain faithful to their delusion, no matter the cost and hardship.  So many like that ... right here too in ye delusion of grandeur USA.  :crying:  Let's just keep doing what doesn't work, and keep not doing what does, no matter how many suffer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...