Canadian Politics: Brownnosing

maarsen

• 3 weeks later...

The Ontario legislature is back in session and Doug Ford loses out in a vote to replace the Speaker. 20 of his own members voted against Ford's choice for Speaker. This could get interesting.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Just realized I’ve lost all hope in politics. 

James Arryn -- Y tho? It's a key realization, on your path to a brighter, healthier future as an individual.

How much do you care about local and global society? I assume you're either a Millenial or Zer. I went to elementary school (mid- to late-80s) while living in Ottawa -- it was a great time and place to be (except that one time a small gang of 10 and 11 year-old kids came up and asked me if I was Pakistani...).

12 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

I guess Wade went to the Melanie Trump school of politics. Or Alfred E Newman. When you don’t care about your fellow human beings, you are a prince of the elite against humanity.

HoodedCrow -- on the contrary, I do care about people, and I'm not a part of the elite. I'm against exploitation, yet we all participate; I'm against war, yet we all choose sides; I'm against marginalization, yet we all subjugate -- all three concepts, to various degrees of success. It seems so paradoxical, yet the only solution I've found was to not worry about the political forces shaping the world. My intention is to understand as many people as I can, and then I'm going to do nothing about it, hahaha.

You've got three (participant) options to express yourself politically, and each one involves some degree of individual struggle, and consequent collective strife:

Ballot

Bullet

Buck

33 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

I have words…you are using yours for side Slytherin. Is that where your sorting hat puts you?

HoodedCrow -- in this context, words are marginal unless you express them through the ballot, but I'm not sure how else you could use words unless as a TikTOk influencer or a career politician. I picked the Bullet (while you were partying, I was studying the blade...j/k), but those days are gone, recently.

Hmm ... my sorting hat put me firmly in ... Hold Wade.

51 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

I have words…you are using yours for side Slytherin. Is that where your sorting hat puts you?

HoodedCrow -- amusingly (intoned amiably) I wasn't tracking the Harry Potter universe's House Characteristics, until just now. Yes, you're right, I might have been a Slytherin, until recently. Which of the Houses would confer a state of transcendance? If one exists.

I suspect, hardly knowing you, you'd be a Hufflepuff (major) and and Ravenclaw (minor) :)

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Maybe .. the coke ... the meth ... the whatever ... has worn off, and the crash down is in effect?  :dunno:

MMJ, allowed only recently, now that I'm free. Not euphoric (unfortunately!), like I anticipated, but surprisingly effective. A near-year of decompression into the civil side of life -- and MMJ -- left me surprisingly calm, and more social.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding the Krista Freidland incident:

"Duuurrr. Hey Krista. What the fuck you doin' in Alberta?" Seriously? That's the best "own" this  dipshit lunkhead dumbkoff could come up with? Pathetic. We should all be embarrassed; as a province and as a nation. 

On 8/19/2022 at 11:18 AM, SpaceChampion said:

Wise words from the Mayor of Peterborough:

She has 70k followers.

I just want to see how these freedom loving suburban dipshits handle prison. One day in big boy jail and they'll chill the fuck out, I promise.