US politics: Red Tide Rising

IheartIheartTesla

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's simple, they were dealing with a white mob.

(whiny voice) Tyyywiin, they weren't a white mob, they were concerned citizens who just happened to be weapon carrying, white men who liked sayin' dirty words and taking selfies and videos of their little political sortie at the Capital building.  The MOC's were compete whiny ass titty babies who ran away and made them look bad. (pouts and stamps her foot)  

Panama Papers whistleblower speaks out: ‘Politicians must act – now’
In first public comments since 2016, leaker discusses their life in hiding and leaders’ failure to clamp down on tax havens

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/jul/22/panama-papers-whistleblower-speaks-out-politicians-must-act-now

The whistleblower also raised concerns about the lack of action by governments around the world to clamp down on offshore activity. The UK has so far failed to impose transparency on the constellation of tax havens – from Jersey to Cayman to the British Virgin Islands – that come under its jurisdiction. Their corporate registers remain private, screening the names of the owners of shell companies, which are used to hold assets such as homes, yachts and private jets, or to open bank accounts and move money anonymously.

“I am extremely pleased, and even proud, that major reforms have taken place as a result of the Panama Papers,” the whistleblower said. “Sadly, it is still not enough. I never thought that releasing one law firm’s data would solve global corruption full stop, let alone change human nature. Politicians must act.

41 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

Panama Papers whistleblower speaks out: ‘Politicians must act – now’
In first public comments since 2016, leaker discusses their life in hiding and leaders’ failure to clamp down on tax havens

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/jul/22/panama-papers-whistleblower-speaks-out-politicians-must-act-now

Politicians have been acting on this for decades, just not the way you'd like.

10 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's simple, they were dealing with a white mob. Just go look at images of security during BLM protests. 

Sure, but I'd like them to lay out who of the people in charge said/ did what.

Even more importantly, I'd like them to explore the connection White House - Stone & Co. - Proud Boys & Co.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

Sure, but I'd like them to lay out who of the people in charge said/ did what.

Even more importantly, I'd like them to explore the connection White House - Stone & Co. - Proud Boys & Co.

So far, we have just seen the tip of the iceberg.  Look, there is an open and blatant cover-up going on, whether it is the SS deleting emails or the lawyers for witnesses who are paid by Trump and are acting to CYA.  The Justice Department has been snoozing, and even the Jan 6 committee was formed in July 1, 2021, seven months after the attack.  There is amateurishness, complacency and incompetence on both sides.  It's just that the Trumpistas were so much more.  

3 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I'd like them to explore the connection White House - Stone & Co. - Proud Boys & Co.

They did this in the previous hearing.  There can be more, of course.  A whole lot more.

I'd like to see more concerning the SS's fat cat assholery and corruption, enabling romperisto.

What I'd really like is all of Them to be hauled in for trial and prison, though my preference is firing squad, but dreams never come true and all that.

It seems the real takeaway last night was the track star, JH.

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

One wonders if he'll have the white nationalist support in prison.

Newsom signs California gun bill modeled after Texas abortion law

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/22/politics/california-newsom-gun-bill-texas-abortion-law/index.html

(CNN)California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed a bill into law that allows private citizens to bring civil action against anyone who manufactures, distributes, transports or imports assault weapons or ghost guns, which are banned in the state.

California Senate Bill 1327 is modeled after a Texas law that allows private citizens to bring civil litigation against abortion providers or anyone who assists a pregnant person in obtaining an abortion after as early as six weeks of pregnancy. The US Supreme Court in December allowed Texas' six-week abortion ban to remain in effect, which prompted Newsom, who has been supportive of abortion rights and pro-gun control, to say he was "outraged" by the court's decision and direct his staff to draft a similar bill to regulate guns.
Under the California law, a person would also be able to sue a licensed firearms dealer who "sells, supplies, delivers, or gives possession or control of a firearm" to anyone under 21 years old. It allows citizens to sue for a minimum of $10,000 on each weapon involved, as well as attorney fees.

Plan and schedule of goals and objectives for romperisto's second term.  Think things are scary now?

https://www.axios.com/2022/07/22/trump-2025-radical-plan-second-term

.... The impact could go well beyond typical conservative targets such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the Internal Revenue Service. Trump allies are working on plans that would potentially strip layers at the Justice Department — including the FBI, and reaching into national security, intelligence, the State Department and the Pentagon, sources close to the former president say.

During his presidency, Trump often complained about what he called “the deep state.”

The heart of the plan is derived from an executive order known as “Schedule F,” developed and refined in secret over most of the second half of Trump’s term and launched 13 days before the 2020 election.

The reporting for this series draws on extensive interviews over a period of more than three months with more than two dozen people close to the former president, and others who have firsthand knowledge of the work underway to prepare for a potential second term. Most spoke on condition of anonymity to describe sensitive planning and avoid Trump’s ire.  ....

A noted reponse to the overturn of Roe, are the sudden numbers of young, youngish women, scheduling appointments to get their tubes tied.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/number-women-searching-information-getting-tubes-tied-skyrocketed-roe-rcna36869

https://www.khou.com/article/news/health/texas-women-tubed-tied-roe-v-wade-reversal/285-9f8e675b-00dc-455a-b1a3-0cb21e3a12ee

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-07-19/women-sterilization-roe-vs-wade

1 hour ago, Martell Spy said:

One wonders if he'll have the white nationalist support in prison.

I doubt he's going to prison, I read that the offense only carries a 30 recommend if sentenced to any jail time.  However, there are many white supremist/nationalist gangs in prisons, in addition to African American gangs and Hispanic gangs.  All violent and dangerous.  They also have many links to the outside, which is easily done as contraband cellphones are very easy to smuggle into the prisons.

Starting to wonder about something here.

Right now, the D's seem fated to lose the house this year - but maybe make gains in the senate. Emphasis on the maybe.  But let's suppose both happen.

The D's have also been trying to pass a version of 'Build Back Better' for over a year now. Apparently, this package can clear the house easily enough - but gets shot down in the senate by one of their own.

So, suppose the D's were to play a 'timing game' immediately after the midterms, and the expected happens?

Yes, they'll lose control of the house - but not for a couple of months. That is still time to get the BBB through that body. They then pass it over to the D senate, which can effectively bypass a certain D senator - once the new D members are sworn in.

33 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Yes, they'll lose control of the house - but not for a couple of months. That is still time to get the BBB through that body. They then pass it over to the D senate, which can effectively bypass a certain D senator - once the new D members are sworn in.

This isn't possible.  The new Senate cannot take up a bill passed by the House in the previous congress.

I don't think there's anyway possible to over estimate the level of pissed off voters will be over the inflation and their 401K carnage.

My guess is that the next election cycle will be historically brutal to incumbents. The people will be coming with a mammoth broom.

Archived