US politics: Red Tide Rising

IheartIheartTesla

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Jon Stewart’s 10 minute rightously salty rant about the cowardly actions of Senate Republicans regarding the “PACT Act”:

It's kind of amazing how stupid and cruel this decision was by Senate Republicans just to be spiteful. Shamefully it will cost them nothing.

Funny how Manchin double-crossed them though.

4 hours ago, LongRider said:

There are so many you weren't wrong.  Let's not the forget the highly qualified  Amy Conen Barrett the Stepford Wife jurist rushed through her confirmation hearing and who truly danced a beautiful tango around the RvW issue.  

Stepford Wife?

Just say [Supreme Court] Serena Joy. At least that's my nickname for her.

3 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Stepford Wife?

I like it, but Serena Joy is more of a sadistic, violent, smiting and resentful person than ACB seems to me.  That’s why the Stepford Wife reference. It’s dated I know, but still applies. 
:cheers:

Just now, LongRider said:

I like it, but Serena Joy is more of a sadistic, violent, smiting and resentful person than ACB seems to me.  That’s why the Stepford Wife reference. It’s dated I know, but still applies. 
:cheers:

All applies to ACB as well. The only difference is in her little cult she held the title of Handmaiden. The irony...

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

It's kind of amazing how stupid and cruel this decision was by Senate Republicans just to be spiteful. Shamefully it will cost them nothing.

Funny how Manchin double-crossed them though.

I'm behind on some of this news. So now Manchin looks like a (Machiavellian) hero, while Republican senators are looking worse than ever. 

Manchiavellian!

Plus he managed to bring the bill down from the radical leftist initial 3.5 trillion to this reasonable compromise within a year or so. That's what I call dedication.

Edited bc trillion / billion

Andrew Yang, again, w/o any political knowledge or sense, keeps yanging away:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-former-republicans-democrats-form-new-third-us-political-party-2022-07-27/

He's more likely to be taking a page outta the romperisto's playbook in order to pocket donations than being serious though.

Despite the presence of so many Republicans, I might have been inclined to at least glance at any third party's platform to see if there was anything to it that might warrant looking at a candidate of theirs, should the choice be that candidate or an official member of the Republican Party...then I see that Yang is essentially their big "Democratic get" and I'm just gonna NOPE outta there...

Stephen Colbert: ‘Manchin was visited by the ghost of climate future’
Late-night hosts discuss Joe Manchin’s reversal on the Inflation Reduction Act, which includes $369bn to cut emissions

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/jul/29/stephen-colbert-joe-manchin-climate-bill

Manchin’s support for the bill is a marked departure from his holdout positions even days earlier. “So what happened?” Colbert wondered. “Turns out Manchin was visited by the ghost of climate future.”

13 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Stepford Wife?

I see Serena Joy as more of an MTG type, who is just as obnoxious and crazy as Serena, only real.

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

I'm behind on some of this news. So now Manchin looks like a (Machiavellian) hero, while Republican senators are looking worse than ever. 

And now Susan doesn't know if she can work with Democrats on passing same-sex marriage legislation, because of course that logic makes sense.

2 hours ago, LongRider said:

I see Serena Joy as more of an MTG type, who is just as obnoxious and crazy as Serena, only real.

And this is why they love Trump so much. He gave them the power to walk around in public with their hoods off. 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And now Susan doesn't know if she can work with Democrats on passing same-sex marriage legislation, because of course that logic makes sense.

Are you talking about Susan the Deceived?

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

They weren't gonna get ten GOP votes for the SSM bill anyway.

I . . . guess . . . Susan the Deceiver/Liar.  She knew K & Co. neither believed in or meant what they said lied about their stance on rights of every kind, and particularly women's reproductive rights and forced labor.  She may dissemble ingenuity, but she not that stupid to not know these people were lying with every syllable.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And this is why they love Trump so much. He gave them the power to walk around in public with their hoods off. 

And this is why they love Trump so much. He gave them the power to walk around in public with their hoods off and little dick heads out too.

Archived