US politics: Red Tide Rising

IheartIheartTesla

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

But Trumpism - the embrace of lawlessness and conspiracies on our electoral processes is rampant and it is almost impossible to stop.  Even if Democrats have a better than expected 2022 midterm, there will still be at least some Republicans who embrace the Big Lie in key positions like governor, SoS, AG and election boards across the country.  While in the 90s and 00s court challenges were only something that occurred in very close races, they will now be par for the course.  And with the underlying mechanisms of our democracy often favoring Republicans (Supreme Court, state legislatures, electoral college, electoral college tiebreaker, etc), it is hard to be optimistic about the future of American democracy. 

Alas, how much inclined one is to agree with you.  :crying:  Nevertheless, and needs must, etc. to continue the struggle against all this determination to take out anything that allows one to live with any bit of dignity, or even to survive climate breakdown, particularly if one has children.

The Dems funding - endorsing These whackjob shoggoths as being easier to defeat – who could even think that, in face of what that thinking got us in 2016? How many idiots run the Dem party?

~~~~~~~

So. Jan 6th phones were wiped by members of the Pentagon, the White House, the Secret Service . . . .  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what could this ever mean?????????????????

3 hours ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

I think this was an easy vote for Kansans. Had the vote been about also not voting for Republicans, we'd see different results. 

Of course, but the margin & turnout - again, in a Kansas primary - is undoubtedly an encouraging sign.

16 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

This counts as US politics, right?  Also Alex Jones is a tangential figure in Jan 6 planning, so I think the DOJ might be interested in some of those texts. 

:lol:  I can't help it, Jones is being demolished, and he deserves it!

18 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

This counts as US politics, right?  Also Alex Jones is a tangential figure in Jan 6 planning, so I think the DOJ might be interested in some of those texts. 

I just watched the close of the Jones testimony.  Jones was… very polite… and said he thought he could afford to pay $2,000,000…

This toxic pos of course has declared bankruptcy.

It's actually pretty difficult to find anything more egregious than a person who sics mobs on the parents of murdered children for the sake of profit. That's straight up evil.

Praying both DOJ and Congress and Jan 6 Committee are writing letters right now to the Sandy Hook parents' lawyers.  Are AJ's lawyers really this incompetent, as to send off their client's emails to his accusers, and then to do NOTHING at all about getting them removed from consideration?  Well, this is his 11th legal team, as the others all kept quitting.

But how can someone as incompetent as this be so successfully evil as to grift millions out of people from the tragedy of murdered children and their parents?  What has happened to people?

Basically same story as how the orange is ripping off the same morons. Those conmen told their audiences what it wanted to hear. Matthew 18:18, is the thing a heretic would bring up now. But since no such persons exists on this board...

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Jesus Fucking Crist that’s painful to watch. The frustration in the judges voice is incredible. 

I don’t think Alex Jones cannot tell the truth from a lie. I just think at this point he’s just a pathological liar and cannot help himself telling them. I wish there WAS a god to lightly strike him with a lightning arrow every time he’s telling a lie under oath. Not to kill him mind you or even seriously hurt him just so I feel some Devine Justice.

How does a legal team accidentally send damning evidence to their opposition?

Jones’s face when the lawyer drops the hammer indicates that he does, in fact know the truth from a lie and he knows that he is fucked. He is a scammer and liar, he knew exactly what he was doing.

If there were a God, it shouldn’t mess about when handing out divine retribution, melt the fucker where he stands. No shocks, he is a monster not a lab rat.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

But how can someone as incompetent as this be so successfully evil as to grift millions out of people from the tragedy of murdered children and their parents?  What has happened to people?

Didn't one of the survivors of Parkland have his own father accuse him of being a crisis actor?  yeah, here it is: https://www.insider.com/parkland-survivor-qanon-convinced-dad-shooting-was-hoax-2021-7

On some level its just pure cowardice to accept reality as it is, so they're LARPing their way into another reality.

11 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

How does a legal team accidentally send damning evidence to their opposition?

Maybe even his lawyers are sick of his shit.

Is there any chance this irredeemable sack of pustulating shit actually gets prosecuted for perjury?

Archived