Nolan's Oppenheimer

TheLastWolf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/25/2022 at 5:44 PM, Inkdaub said:

It will end with him saying he has become death.

I would like to see beyond that, though.

Come to think of it, Batman saying he's vengeance seems to have that vibes.

https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/news/oppenheimer-universal-isnt-worried-about-competition-with-barbie/

I'm worried, the earlier edited poster in this thread was fun but it would dent both BOs don't you think.

• 1 month later...

This guy... https://www.indiewire.com/2022/12/christopher-nolan-recreated-oppenheimer-atomic-bomb-without-cgi-1234791083/

Christopher Nolan Recreated ‘Oppenheimer’ Atomic Bomb Explosion Without CGI

While “Avatar: The Way of Water” director James Cameron is in a race against Marvel movies in terms of VFX digital effects, Nolan opted not to use computer-generated effects for the upcoming atomic bomb origin story “Oppenheimer.” That’s right: Nolan literally blew things up.

“I think recreating the Trinity test [the first nuclear weapon detonation ever] without the use of computer graphics was a huge challenge to take on,”

If the US government allowed him to detonate a nuclear weapon, he would have.

Edited by Corvinus85

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

If the US government allowed him to detonate a nuclear weapon, he would have.

WTF?!? They couldn't get the Trump administration to OK that? 

Just promise a crawl at the beginning of the movie, "A very special thanks to President Donald J Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, Ivanka Trump, Donald Trump Jr., and Eric Trump; but not Tiffany." Job done. How big do you want it?

How do you fuck that up? 

9 hours ago, TheLastWolf said:

He retired didnt he? Would be nice if we get a Scorsese-Pesci- Irishman like reunion 

Anyway here are the new official stills

I thought his scene in TENET was a beautiful farewell. 

Basically nobody noticed SIR Micheal was the squadron leader in Dunkirk who goes down offscreen 

22 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Winning.

I'd pay to see the Oppenheimer trailer in IMAX... 

Seriously the only reason I probably won't is that I just can't have people know that I paid money to that cartoon folly called Blavatar 

Maybe I can cut a deal with the local theater. I'll pay the manager and each of the ticket checkers $150 apiece just to let me sit in the aisle for the trailers

:worried:

Edited by Fire and Jace

The Oppenheimer trailer played. I imagine it will drop online soon.

It looks like there will be a lot of post war stuff (in black and White) and pre-war / Manhattan project stuff (in color). You get a brief glimpse of Damon as Gen. Groves and RDj as Strauss. There's one scene where it looks like he's talking to someone (maybe Szilard) about setting the atmosphere on fire.