Star Trek: The Next Veneration

SpaceChampion

Okay, I enjoyed Picard 2 better than Picard 1, though in the end I felt they really didn't live up to expectations in the end.  I've been disappointed by the initial way the show presented itself and it's hung overhead since...but I'm going to be optomistic and look forward to Picard 3, if only because, so far, they're using everyone...

(Seems like there is a change in Starfleet uniforms again...)

And Lower Decks, right now to my mind, cannot do wrong...

I saw something about Lower Decks crossing over with Strange New Worlds in the latter's second season. I am so curious to see how that works. But for once not in a "I can't wait to see how they justify this bullshit" way and instead in a "I bet this will be cool" way.

48 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I saw something about Lower Decks crossing over with Strange New Worlds in the latter's second season. I am so curious to see how that works. But for once not in a "I can't wait to see how they justify this bullshit" way and instead in a "I bet this will be cool" way.

Small bit I saw indicated animation AND live action...I wonder if there is going to be something along the lines of Boimler and Mariner go back in time and do a "Trouble with Tribbles" thing where they interact with the old crew while trying to solve a problem...we see it in the animated form, but then we also have the SNW episode in question where Quaid and Newsome are live action in the background...

(Did I see that on a thread here or Twitter...?)

9 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Small bit I saw indicated animation AND live action...I wonder if there is going to be something along the lines of Boimler and Mariner go back in time and do a "Trouble with Tribbles" thing where they interact with the old crew while trying to solve a problem...we see it in the animated form, but then we also have the SNW episode in question where Quaid and Newsome are live action in the background...

(Did I see that on a thread here or Twitter...?)

Oh, is it going to be one episode in each? I figured just one Strange New Worlds epsiode. It would be great if they just showed up on SNW and then one of the Lower Decks episodes was the setup. A prequel set in the future relative to the original.

Also I have no idea what the Lower Decks cast looks like. Can they do their characters in live action? Or is this going to be a Who Framed Roger Rabbit deal.

48 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Oh, is it going to be one episode in each? I figured just one Strange New Worlds epsiode. It would be great if they just showed up on SNW and then one of the Lower Decks episodes was the setup. A prequel set in the future relative to the original.

Also I have no idea what the Lower Decks cast looks like. Can they do their characters in live action? Or is this going to be a Who Framed Roger Rabbit deal.

I am truly only guessing...

As to their characters, despite the style of animation, there is some rough similarities, to my eye. At the major Trek convention (last year?), the actors came out cosplaying their actual characters.  I think it could be done. 

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I am truly only guessing...

As to their characters, despite the style of animation, there is some rough similarities, to my eye. At the major Trek convention (last year?), the actors came out cosplaying their actual characters.  I think it could be done. 

Technically one of them could show up with a totally different design for their species and it would be business as usual. 

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

Boimler is Hughie from The Boys, if that helps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived