UK Politics: The Tory leadership (disg)race to the bottom and beyond - not worth a Penny.

2 hours ago, Maltaran said:

Given that he wasn't aware of attending any parties at Downing Street either, we can assume he gave away British State Secrets like crazy.

As long as it's an honorary title and the job description involves garden parties, regular holidays to any country other than a NATO member and absolutely no reading or meetings it should be fine.

1 hour ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Sunak and Truss - doing the Opposition’s job of pointing out how shit the Tory government is

Ladies, gentlemen and everyone in-between, I present to you the next leader of one of the richest and most powerful countries in the world.

Everything is going to be just fine.

Hey, Rozzers. To avoid being seen as a political football, perhaps do your fucking jobs properly, eh?

Met admits not sending Boris Johnson questionnaires over Partygate gatherings

Anger over the Partygate scandal has been reignited after Scotland Yard confirmed that it did not send questionnaires to Boris Johnson before deciding against fining him for attending two Downing Street lockdown gatherings.

Starmer seems determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Tory voters don’t need another Tory party - they’ve got the Tories, and Lib-Dems if they want a pro-EU ‘nicer’ one.

14 minutes ago, Poobah said:

Starmer looking more and more like a Tory plant.

He coukd get away with it with a few policies that excite people. Blair rode the post-Dunblane anti-gun movement (which Johnson opposed). Also proposed referendums on Scottish and Welsh parliaments.

He claims that The Membership are fully behind him. He says that nobody cares about his broken election promises.

Well, either Sir Keir is deluded, or he's just openly lying. Because I attended a CLP meeting last week and the mood was poisonous. 

He's not done himself any favours today.

Ashamed I was glad when he won the leadership contest — I thought with his background as a QC, and being a white middle-aged male in a suit, he might be able to get the Tory-leaning English electorate to vote in a progressive party. 

It's not even that he has the principles of a jellyfish; he's a politician, I've learned to expect that. It's that he's really bad at having no principles. He doesn't signal ruthlessness and pragmatism by it; he just looks inept and cowardly. 

Archived