UK Politics: The Tory leadership (disg)race to the bottom and beyond - not worth a Penny.

10 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

This is nothing. We have in this country a long and proud tradition of mercilessly mocking the monarchy.

So, fuck him.

He'll probably enjoy it.

Allegedly, "pegging", was invented for the benefit of wicked sailormen who visited male brothels in ports like Bombay and Madras.

19 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Allegedly, "pegging", was invented for the benefit of wicked sailormen who visited male brothels in ports like Bombay and Madras.

Mumbai and Chennai now are predominantly soooo conservative that this makes me rofl :rofl:

But you Brits roast your honorary lordlings like no other, I'll give you that 

11 minutes ago, Raja said:

Not great. This 'new word that is offensive' schtick is used by so many people, that it's unsurprising that these officers have resorted to using that as an excuse.

To be fair, compared to most of what we have been caught saying recently, it barely registers as offensive. 

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

To be fair, compared to most of what we have been caught saying recently, it barely registers as offensive. 

Not sure what specifically you're referring to tbh

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

'Downy'. Compared to the other language we've been caught out using on WhatsApp sounds positively benign. 

Oh yeah, there's a lot more in that thread and in the rest of the whatsapp messages. I was referring to all of that as opposed to just what was embedded.

36 minutes ago, Raja said:

Oh yeah, there's a lot more in that thread and in the rest of the whatsapp messages. I was referring to all of that as opposed to just what was embedded.

I try not to go too far down the rabbit hole. Its all too thoroughly depressing. But it's almost impossible to avoid. 

1 minute ago, Maltaran said:

Does nobody care about the outcome of the Wagatha Christie case?

Honestly, saw a picture of the both on the cover of The Sun (in a supermarket, I don’t buy it!), and they both look identical to me.

48 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Does nobody care about the outcome of the Wagatha Christie case?

I CARE!  I have been devotedly following from across the pond ever since one of my London partners told me about the phone in "davy jones' locker" and I more or less spit coffee in his face.  I am very jealous of this whole "scandal".  

46 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Honestly, saw a picture of the both on the cover of The Sun (in a supermarket, I don’t buy it!), and they both look identical to me.

From an American's point of view yes, identical.  They are basically Victoria Beckham body doubles, and honestly, probably would get confused if you threw the Duchess of Cambridge into the lineup (to bring this full circle).

25 minutes ago, Mlle. Zabzie said:

I CARE!  I have been devotedly following from across the pond ever since one of my London partners told me about the phone in "davy jones' locker" and I more or less spit coffee in his face. 

"I don't know who that is."

:lol:

Ngl, when she released her initial statement that ended with 'it's rebekah vardy', it was one of the all time greatest afternoons on twitter.

Streets won't forget.

Also, some of those texts from Vardy were quite something & completely on the mark if you were looking to stereotype middle aged moms.

Archived