UK Politics: The Tory leadership (disg)race to the bottom and beyond - not worth a Penny.

24 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Why did Belgium have cleaner beaches than us when we were in the EU? Why were we bottom of the table then? Maybe because we've always been shit at cleaning our beaches.

For instance:
https://news.sky.com/story/sewage-monitors-at-uk-seaside-resorts-either-faulty-or-not-installed-data-reveals-12678925

All our sewage monitors are faulty or not installed, and the environmental agency has been bringing prosecutions to companies since 2015.. before Brexit. Did all monitors stop working the day we voted for Brexit? It's almost like Brexit is an entirely unrelated factor when considering why water companies are shitting on our beaches.

I think another question to ask yourself is, when all these stories come out whether it's sewage, groceries.. anything, why is there such an effort to blame it on Brexit, and why are people so willing to believe it, even when the facts are presented to them. 

I believe you managed to distract yourself again. Is or isn't one of the reasons the broken supply chains due to brexit? I remember that this has been quoted (by you?)

So, when no other country in Europe is allowing this shit due to their own supply chain issues, which clearly exists and UK is quoting all the issues that exist everywhere + brexit, it doesn't take a genius that this current issue is caused by the extra strain of brexit winning.

16 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I stubbed my toe this morning. Fucking brexit.

Well, anyone saying it’s the fault of the political decision to remove all previously mandated safety and protections for walkways, leading to a 30000% increase in stubbed toe related injuries since that action, is clearly just someone irrationally grinding a political axe. Right?

Worrying thread - whilst there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to these excess deaths, I think it's reasonable to say, as shown in this thread that both A&E wait times play a significant role - the exit block from a lack of funding in social care since the tories have been in power is now having consequences on a population level ( and let's not get started about the 40 new hospitals)

Kwasi Cockfaçe talking about potential energy shortages “Households, businesses and industry can be confident that they will have the electricity and gas that they need.”

Clearly blackouts are just around the corner. 

34 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Thought the point of ditching BoJo was to get someone more qualified and capable...

That's why the people wanted him out, but the people with the power to do the ditching only did it because he'd lose them the next election.

Not that they have anyone qualified or capable to replace him with, but I guess they're hoping people will notice he's gone and won't have noticed his replacement's just as bad.

The government is looking at introducing a plan to cap bills at £2,000 per household. However, this plan is not a full cap, but requires repaying the energy prices the intervening amount (so about £2,000 per household on top of that) from a government loan, which in turn will be paid off through taxation further down the line. The plan is designed to last for three years, probably not-coincidentally running out at the next election.

If you're sceptical, you might be thinking that Truss knows she has zero chance of winning the next election and is kicking the can down the road for Labour to deal with, hoping it cripples their government for the duration.

There won't be pubs either, They Say.  :crying:

Which might possibly answer the question above regarding how to bring down a government -- at least if one isn't  a billionaire with a massive media empire.

6 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Vote for the other party.

Remind me how I can do that today, rather than have to live under the aegis of these malicious cretins for another three years?

On 8/23/2022 at 4:41 PM, Raja said:

Worrying thread - whilst there are a lot of moving parts when it comes to these excess deaths, I think it's reasonable to say, as shown in this thread that both A&E wait times play a significant role - the exit block from a lack of funding in social care since the tories have been in power is now having consequences on a population level ( and let's not get started about the 40 new hospitals)

Apparently Liz Truss' latest plan is to divert £10 billion a year from the NHS to social care. While I'm sure social care could use more money, intending to take it from the NHS budget at this time seems insane.

12 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Thought the point of ditching BoJo was to get someone more qualified and capable...

The reason it took so long to get rid of him was because it was so obvious to most Tories that there was nobody to replace him and all the potential candidates were varying degrees of awful. Sure they are now trying to pretend that isn’t the case but that is also predictable. 

Archived