UK Politics: The Tory leadership (disg)race to the bottom and beyond - not worth a Penny.

So Rishi "Eat Out To Help Out" Sunak, is today telling his fellow cunts that we were "wrong to empower scientists" because of Covid.

How can such a teeny weeny human being end up being such a gigantic fucking moron?

Rishi Sunak: Mistake to ‘empower scientists’ in Covid pandemic

Apparently we did not consider the trade offs of restrictions, such as missed doctor appointments and mounting NHS backlogs.

I would make a sarcastic comment or two, but it is such an open goal I can't be bothered. (Just think "had enough of experts" or "I have alternative facts").

Edit: Ninjaed

Besides - exactly how "empowered" were the experts? They certainly didn't get to make any of the actual decisions after all - that was done by - checks notes - politicians like Rishi Sunak... Often whilst being decried by the experts.

Which would explain why just about all of the decisions were too little action, taken too late, and why tens of thousands of people died unnecessarily - just fewer tens of thousands than Rishi seems to have been happy to kill.

It's almost like he's looking for a scapegoat that isn't "Boris Johnson and his cabinet"

Agreed. Though apparently our Rishi was consistently a "damn the torpedoes, let Covid rip until we gain herd immunity" guy but was shouted down by the rest of the Cabinet.

If you want a gallows laugh, do read the articles. The tone of his remarks seemed oddly familiar, and having thought about it, it is because he sounds just like post sacking Dominic Cummings. It seems that he was always right about everything and the mistakes were all other people's.

Archived