UK Politics: The Tory leadership (disg)race to the bottom and beyond - not worth a Penny.

36 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

As usual blaming Brexit for this is pretty bizarre. It has almost nothing to do with Brexit except in some very minor way:

So as usual, blame Brexit.. except don't take into account a massive world wide pandemic, enormous global supply chain failures etc. BLAME BREXIT!! WAAAH!!

https://fullfact.org/environment/murky-claims-about-sewage-bill-fact-checked/

Even the idea that the government is actively voting to dump sewage into the sea is of course not true either. They voted against an uncosted proposal that wasn't intended to prevent companies dumping sewage into the sea and any effort to do so would have had little legal effect.

It's weird how you keep going on about how your mum is so often wrong, except when she says stuff you agree with.

On that note.

No, this is not a pandemic supply chain issue, this is a Brexit supply chain issue. I know, people with an agenda like to conflate those two, and stupid people like to parrot it.

If it were a pandemic thing, it certainly would impact the EU, too, not just the UK.

Andrew Adonis take on it.

No, it's not just Brexit, also years of Tory austerity have crippled the Enviroment Agency, who simply lack the manpower to inspect everything.

6 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Ah, the ever-dependable supply chain crisis. The same supply chain crisis that was entirely responsible for emptying our supermarket shelves and closing our petrol forecourts, eh?

Well yeah actually, there was a global supply chain crisis that hit most countries. Maybe you weren’t paying attention. 

Did you read the link?

1 minute ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

On that note.

No, this is not a pandemic supply chain issue, this is a Brexit supply chain issue. I know, people with an agenda like to conflate those two, and stupid people like to parrot it.

If it were a pandemic thing, it certainly would impact the EU, too, not just the UK.

Andrew Adonis take on it.

No, it's not just Brexit, also years of Tory austerity have crippled the Enviroment Agency, who simply lack the manpower to inspect everything.

Are you seriously quoting Andrew Adonis?

12 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Well yeah actually, there was a global supply chain crisis that hit most countries. 

And some considerably more than others, eh? I wonder why.

Anyway, where is the European Sewage Crisis? As I said, if this isn't the fault of the Tories and Brexit, why is it not happening all over Europe?

Why is European Union water quality rising, whilst ours plummets?

I shan't hold my breath.

Isn't it an intended benefit of Brexit that the UK gets to smear itself in its own shit and the EU can't do anything about it? I thought that was the leading message. You cannot blame Brexit for its successes.

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

It's true. They've been voting these cunts in over and over and over again.

The issue isn't just the Tories and their supporters. The body politic in the UK, just like in the US, is completely fucked. I use to think people in the UK were a bit smarter than us overall, but that's not the case anymore. The only difference now is you don't have our batshit insane gun culture.

2 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I literally just posted that link to prove my point. 

How about proving your point by directing us to the deluge of news stories focusing on the European Sewage Crisis?

No?

Didn't think so.

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

And some considerably more than others, eh? I wonder why.

I guess Brexit affected the US.

https://www.towson.edu/news/2022/supply-chain-crisis-explained.html
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/shopping/2022/01/12/shortage-grocery-store-empty-shelves/9178100002/
https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2022/05/10/consumers-struggle-with-grocery-shortages-and-rising-price-of-goods-report-finds

Anyway, where is the European Sewage Crisis? As I said, if this isn't the fault of the Tories and Brexit, why is it not happening all over Europe?

It might surprise you to know that Britain has been part of the EU during the period of time when the european bathing directive was in place, and yet was consistently bottom of the table for clean water. It seems being part of the EU had no baring on whether our beaches are clean or not

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/08/22/british-beaches-inundated-with-sewage-while-water-quality-across-the-eu-dramatically-impro

Since the adoption of the Bathing Water Directive in 2006, the European Environment Agency (EEA) says that the number of sites with excellent quality water has been growing.

Until 2020, these figures also included the UK which consistently performed poorly in the rankings, often appearing near the bottom of the table.

Huh? You say the shit dumping is nothing to do with Brexit.

So, by that logic, what is happening here should also be happening in the EU.

But it's not.

So why is it happening here, but not in the EU? I have asked you four times.

Why are we so special?

49 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Why?

Frankly, If I was a copper, I think I would welcome anything that deflects from the image of everyday corrupt, violent, racist bullies, as well as the odd rapist and murderer.

It's possible to be neither a racist homophobic bully boy, nor an absolute laughing stock. 

6 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Huh? You say the shit dumping is nothing to do with Brexit.

So, by that logic, what is happening here should also be happening in the EU.

But it's not.

So why is it happening here, but not in the EU? Why are we so special?

Why did Belgium have cleaner beaches than us when we were in the EU? Why were we bottom of the table then? Maybe because we've always been shit at cleaning our beaches.

For instance:
https://news.sky.com/story/sewage-monitors-at-uk-seaside-resorts-either-faulty-or-not-installed-data-reveals-12678925

All our sewage monitors are faulty or not installed, and the environmental agency has been bringing prosecutions to companies since 2015.. before Brexit. Did all monitors stop working the day we voted for Brexit? It's almost like Brexit is an entirely unrelated factor when considering why water companies are shitting on our beaches.

I think another question to ask yourself is, when all these stories come out whether it's sewage, groceries.. anything, why is there such an effort to blame it on Brexit, and why are people so willing to believe it, even when the facts are presented to them. 

10 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Can’t you delete GB news from her TV?

It's too late for that. She got the brain rot.

If you knew her thirty years ago, you wouldn't believe her politics today. To see her transformed from a 1980s Marxist trade unionist into what she is today is one of the most depressing things I have ever witnessed. If she wasn't my mum I would have literally nothing to do with her.

The moment she dies, I'm moving back to Scotland.

Archived