NBA 2022 off-season: the Durant Decision

DanteGabriel

25 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

It depends. In the NFL it's specifically written that it's up to the team, not the league, to punish the player if the occurrence happened during practice...

Pretty sure it's the same in the NBA.

Also, it's embarrassing that the Rams didn't suspend Donald, and that the media treated it like a joke when the same dipshit pundits were saying Garrett should be in jail for assault for what he did.  Funny how the narrative shifts when the guy doing the deed is on one of the league's flagship teams, even if the fans don't give enough of a fuck about them to the point that McVay has to do silent counts for a home game.

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

Pretty sure it's the same in the NBA.

Also, it's embarrassing that the Rams didn't suspend Donald, and that the media treated it like a joke when the same dipshit pundits were saying Garrett should be in jail for assault for what he did.  Funny how the narrative shifts when the guy doing the deed is on one of the league's flagship teams, even if the fans don't give enough of a fuck about them to the point that McVay has to do silent counts for a home game.

To be fair I thought Garrett bonking Rudolph on the head was funny too and said so at the time.

On 10/7/2022 at 1:44 AM, Tywin et al. said:

Fyi, Gobert is a legit 7'1:

Check this little clip where they stand next to each other and remember that Gobert is listed at a freakish 7'2 in shoes and is already an enormous defensive presence.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/2joRuFVYPyQ

Victor genuinely looks 7'5 in shoes like they say.

I highly recommend everybody here watches the Victor highlights from this week in the US, what an amazing player. 

I respect this from Draymond - 

In addition to a teamwide apology, Green said he has apologized to Poole individually and has also offered apologies to Poole's family. But Green doesn't know how his apologies have landed with Poole.

"Jordan's feelings are the most important, and to be honest I'm not sure how he feels," Green said. "That's not a bridge we have crossed yet, nor should it be a bridge we've crossed yet.

"The most important thing initially is to allow Jordan to work through his thoughts and not me try to persuade his thoughts one way or another."

"I watched the video 15 times, maybe more, because when I watched the video, I'm like, yo, this looks awful," Green said. "This looks even worse than I thought it was. It's pathetic."

10 hours ago, Relic said:

I respect this from Draymond - 

In addition to a teamwide apology, Green said he has apologized to Poole individually and has also offered apologies to Poole's family. But Green doesn't know how his apologies have landed with Poole.

"Jordan's feelings are the most important, and to be honest I'm not sure how he feels," Green said. "That's not a bridge we have crossed yet, nor should it be a bridge we've crossed yet.

"The most important thing initially is to allow Jordan to work through his thoughts and not me try to persuade his thoughts one way or another."

"I watched the video 15 times, maybe more, because when I watched the video, I'm like, yo, this looks awful," Green said. "This looks even worse than I thought it was. It's pathetic."

Eh...dude still constantly acts like a shithead.  The fact that he's self-reflective afterward doesn't change the fact that he'll do something like this again.  That's who he is.  He's a dirty player and cheap shot artist.

Just saw The Ringer's annual "Young Core Rankings," which evaluates each team based on players under 25.  I expected the Magic to rank pretty high, but was surprised they were all the way at 4th - behind only the Grizzlies, Cavs, and Mavs, in that order.  As their blurb mentions, while the young guards are very iffy (and two of em can't even stay healthy), the frontcourt does look really promising.  They did this two days ago:

Should be noted that was in a combined 88 minutes.

I can't beleive how much online chatter is calling Wiggins a 'mug' for taking that offer. Its 27.5 million a year, he has found somewhere he is happy, performing well and has a very good chance of long term success. Would 10 million a year more improve his life in any tangible way? 

Yeah, he's really not worth his current contract and I'm sure he wants even more. He's also not the greatest fit with Ant. They're the backcourt now and neither is a real PG. I think the team would be better off getting a pass first PG and run the offense entirely through Ant and Kat. 

Also, Ant is getting maxed out at the end of this year and the Wolves may just not be able to offered him given what KAT and Gobert make.

Archived