Jump to content

MCU: Phases? What Phases???


Rhom
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Jaxom 1974

Quote

Supposedly there was stuff shown for Quantumania and for GotG3 at SDCC, yet nothing "official" put out there.  Isn't there another big Disney show coming up that might be when things are unveiled? 

There’s something called D23 coming up I read somewhere.  Apparently it has gotten very big.  I would expect reveals there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Rhom said:

@Jaxom 1974

There’s something called D23 coming up I read somewhere.  Apparently it has gotten very big.  I would expect reveals there.

Ah yeah.  I knew about D23, but I honestly thought it had happened already this year.  That's the most likely place for a couple more Marvel reveals...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And what the hell is up with letting the NBA thread get to 29 pages with no sign of closing… and then just up and shut down the MCU with an open ended question??? :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

“Phases? Where we’re going we don’t need phases.”

It is a bit odd how Feige said they weren’t really gonna stick to phases, and then outlined 4, 5 and 6. 

 

I really don’t understand how they are breaking them up.  The first three were all pretty clearly building to a team up (and then had a bug based power coda of sorts with Antman/SpiderMan).  There are no clear lines of demarcation here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sifth said:

So Kang suppose to be the main villain now?

I think that was pretty obviously what they've been building to since they set him up in the Loki series as arguably the most powerful being in the multi-verse, a man to whom Infinity Stones are mere trinkets.  

It's probably also worth noting that there were a lot of movies between the reveal of Thanos at, I believe, the end of the first Avengers, and when he actually did anything himself.  He gets introduced officially in Guardians, but he's the man behind the curtain, not the main threat. 

They seem to be taking a similar path with Kang and building him up slowly.  We'll obviously learn more about him in the new Ant-Man movie and I suspect he'll start causing trouble more regularly until the Avengers finally have to assemble to take him on.

Edited by briantw
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

 

It's probably also worth noting that there were a lot of movies between the reveal of Thanos at, I believe, the end of the first Avengers, and when he actually did anything himself.  He gets introduced officially in Guardians, but he's the man behind the curtain, not the main threat. 

 

If we're being honest though, Whedon didn't do any favors with the credits scene with Thanos at the end of AoU and then having 2+ years in universe pass...At that point, stones should have been easier to find, when in fact, they were once he was looking two years later...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree they should just dump the phases terminology.  It worked great up to Endgame, but it clearly doesn't anymore and I don't see any fucking reason to force your own made up thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed something during the Quantumania panel:  Evangeline Lily said something that sounded like they were going to revisit some of scenes from the previous Ant Man movies.  I don't know any of the comics, but I assume Kang will be altering things in the past to achieve the outcomes he wants.  That's his m.o. right?  Perhaps it was Kang that arranged for Scott to be in the Quantum realm during the Snap so that he could survive and allow the Avengers to win against Thanos.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

And what the hell is up with letting the NBA thread get to 29 pages with no sign of closing… and then just up and shut down the MCU with an open ended question??? :lol: 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SpaceChampion said:

I noticed something during the Quantumania panel:  Evangeline Lily said something that sounded like they were going to revisit some of scenes from the previous Ant Man movies.  I don't know any of the comics, but I assume Kang will be altering things in the past to achieve the outcomes he wants.  That's his m.o. right?  Perhaps it was Kang that arranged for Scott to be in the Quantum realm during the Snap so that he could survive and allow the Avengers to win against Thanos.

 

Actually, that's Immortus MO. He's Kang's future self. And Kang is Iron Lad future self (he becomes Cassie Lang's boyfriend, IIRC). And there's a version in the middle that becomes a pharaoh that fights Apocalypse in Ancient Egypt. And there's actually even more, if you can believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Actually, that's Immortus MO. He's Kang's future self. And Kang is Iron Lad future self (he becomes Cassie Lang's boyfriend, IIRC). And there's a version in the middle that becomes a pharaoh that fights Apocalypse in Ancient Egypt. And there's actually even more, if you can believe.

The Council of Cross Time Kangs!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally saw Thor today and wondered to myself as I left the theater “How is there nine pages worth of discussion about this movie over on Westeros?” Then I get home and read all nine pages and realize it was really just two pages of Thor bitching and then seven pages of general MCU discussion. So why did I even start this thread? :dunno: 

So standard stuff.  Carry on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Heartofice said:

They should dump the phases thing, mainly because they screwed up this phase.. and seemingly the next couple of phases, and there is something quite depressing about it when you look at it plotted in a phase format.

How can you say they screwed up the phase if you don't know what phases are about?

Seems to me it's just a 3 act structure.  Introductions, Complications, Climax.

Edited by SpaceChampion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

How can you say they screwed up the phase if you don't know what phases are about?

Seems to me it's just a 3 act structure.  Introductions, Complications, Climax.

Not sure what you mean. If phase 4 was an introduction phase it didn’t do a great job, it hasn’t introduced a load of new exciting characters that has built anticipation towards a new phase. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Not sure what you mean. If phase 4 was an introduction phase it didn’t do a great job, it hasn’t introduced a load of new exciting characters that has built anticipation towards a new phase. 

I see a whole lot of introduction in the Phase 4 movies.  

  • Black Widow introduced Yelena
  • Shang Chi was nothing but introductions. 
  • Likewise Eternals (and teases Black Knight and Blade as well)
  • WandaVision/Dr Strange/No Way Home/Loki/What If...? introduce the multiverse as a whole
  • Loki introduces a version of big bad Kang and why time travel is bad.
  • Ms Marvel introduces Ms Marvel and the ClanDestines
  • Hawkeye introduces Kate Bishop and Echo.
  • Falcon and Winter Solder intros Sam Wilson Cap, USAgent and Secret Agent Elaine :ack:

Collectively,  they introduce what is probably Elaine's version of the Thunderbolts and also begins to collect a bunch of characters that promise to be the Young Avengers.  Overall, Moon Knight is the only one that really doesn't engage with the MCU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hauberk said:

I see a whole lot of introduction in the Phase 4 movies.  

  • Black Widow introduced Yelena
  • Shang Chi was nothing but introductions. 
  • Likewise Eternals (and teases Black Knight and Blade as well)
  • WandaVision/Dr Strange/No Way Home/Loki/What If...? introduce the multiverse as a whole
  • Loki introduces a version of big bad Kang and why time travel is bad.
  • Ms Marvel introduces Ms Marvel and the ClanDestines
  • Hawkeye introduces Kate Bishop and Echo.
  • Falcon and Winter Solder intros Sam Wilson Cap, USAgent and Secret Agent Elaine :ack:

Collectively,  they introduce what is probably Elaine's version of the Thunderbolts and also begins to collect a bunch of characters that promise to be the Young Avengers.  Overall, Moon Knight is the only one that really doesn't engage with the MCU.

Think you’ve proved my point there. Outside of maybe Kang there isn’t a single character of note there to carry a franchise. Who the hell would they put in an Avengers movie?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • mormont locked and unlocked this topic
  • mormont locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...