MCU: Phases? What Phases???

Rhom

13 minutes ago, DMC said:

Mock all you want, but the It's The End Of The World As We Know It/Chumbawamba mashup while Iron Man is being crucified is pure genius.

There's a sentence I bet you never thought you'd type. 

I also love how it seems that they don't actually stop Loki? He crucifies Iron Man, leaves, and then then Iron Man comes back to life and they sing Footloose and then it just sort of...ends.

12 hours ago, Rhom said:

Back to confusing timelines… in the trailers for She Hulk, they show her talking to an incarcerated Emil Blonsky.  She also has a scene with Wong.

So do we think She Hulk is set before Shang Chi where we see Wong and Abomination in the underground fighting club?

Wong and Blonsky know the first rule of Fight Club.

Also, don't tell your lawyer. Until you pay her a dollar.

Both She-Hulk and Wakanda Forever might be ramping up to an overturn of the Sokovia Accords, so that's a significant end for Phase 4. 

https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-sokovia-accords-phase-4-exclusive

“Yeah. Well, this show will answer the question of whatever happened to the Sokovia Accords. It’ll happen later in the season, but you will get an answer to what actually happened to the Accords."

I think the reveal of Talocan (and possibly Latveria) existing will cause Wakanda to withdraw from the accords, and that leads to its dissolution.

But She-Hulk will go into details about the stresses on the accords leading to them just not working for anybody anymore, with events in Wakanda Forever being the final straw.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:21 PM, RumHam said:

Apparently there's this church that puts on easter plays based on whatever the latest popular movie is. Makes Rodgers the musical look like Hamilton.

I love how the other Avengers stand there while Tony is crucified.

What the actual fuck?  You know… I’m really glad a go to a liturgical church…

21 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What the actual fuck?  You know… I’m really glad a go to a liturgical church…

It takes some serious righteous gemstones levels of cocaine to come up with this kinda shit and make it happen. Also I had to look the word liturgical up

liturgical
lə-ˈtər-ji-kəl
ADJECTIVE
  1. of, relating to, or having the characteristics of liturgy
    the liturgical calendar
  2. using or favoring the use of liturgy
    liturgical churches

Glad we cleared that up. 

Just now, RumHam said:

It takes some serious righteous gemstones levels of cocaine to come up with this kinda shit and make it happen. Also I had to look the word liturgical up

Glad we cleared that up. 

Those definitions are rather circular.  A liturgy is a formal and consistent form of worship in which the form or forms are repeated on a regular schedule.  It’s “smells and bells” worship.

12 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

Pre-screeners of the first 4 episodes are out amongst youtube reviewers, all I've seen are positive.  This guy gives it 10/10 and says it is the best Marvel tv series....   No-spoilers:

I have no idea who that guy is but he might as well tattoo 'Marvel Shill' on his forehead. He clearly needs to be in their pocket to keep getting access to all his creepy children's toys in his apartment. 

A reviewer from The Daily Beast hated it. There seem to be some spoilers in the review so I only glossed over it.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/she-hulk-attorney-at-law-is-marvel-trash-at-its-most-offensive-review

In fact, She-Hulk is irrefutable proof that Marvel doesn’t have a single iota of faith in its viewers. This was another opportunity to throw the rule book out the window—or, hell, at least put it in a drawer for a few hours—and make something truly unique and really, actually funny. And, no, I don’t mean with in-universe quips and useless cameos in place of punchlines. I mean with jokes. You know, the thing that television comedies are supposed to be filled with.

4 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

A reviewer from The Daily Beast hated it. There seem to be some spoilers in the review so I only glossed over it.

That's very out of step with the vast majority of reviewers.  People can be conspiracy theorists and assume everyone is bought, I suppose.

Here's a review of all the reviews:

35 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

People can be conspiracy theorists and assume everyone is bought, I suppose.

It's not about being bought, but giving a small group, especially of those already pre-disposed to be fans and even moreso with solo youtube reviewers who don't have professional processes around them that force more reflection, an exclusive early screening is a pretty good way to get them hype-hyped and overlooking flaws, and only showing the first four episodes is, yes, a way to avoid leaking spoilers but also a pretty good way to make sure they can't evaluate the work as a whole. 

It's not the reviewer's fault, it's not even a false feeling or anything, they're not misrepresenting anything, they're reviewing the show as they felt it to be and some will agree with them, but it simply won't be the same environment most viewers will be watching it in.

6 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

That's very out of step with the vast majority of reviewers.  People can be conspiracy theorists and assume everyone is bought, I suppose.

Here's a review of all the reviews:

Hey, I remember when this guy and his friends, gave the new Thor film a positive review.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

Hey, I remember when this guy and his friends, gave the new Thor film a positive review.

So wait… a guy who liked Love and Thunder doesn’t like She-Hulk???

I don’t even know what to do with that. :dunno: 

Archived