MCU: Phases? What Phases???

Rhom

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

A chunk of Daredevil's run, when he was partnered with Black Widow, was spent in San Francisco...

Could be a good way to reboot it.  Have him head out there for some lawyering and just leave it ambiguous as to how much of the original Netflix run happened.  :dunno: 

Hope the reappearance of Daredevil and the law practice context could lead to a cameo from Jeri Hogarth from Jessica Jones. Easily one of the strongest/best acted supporting characters from the Marvel Netflix shows. 

22 minutes ago, DMC said:

I didn't even know there was a Wonder Man - and I woulda assumed he was a DC character.

Thats where I was too... and the article did nothing to inspire me to want to watch this new show.  They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Fantastic 4 and XMen can't get here soon enough for the MCU.  :stunned:

32 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Thats where I was too... and the article did nothing to inspire me to want to watch this new show.  They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

55 minutes ago, DMC said:

I didn't even know there was a Wonder Man - and I woulda assumed he was a DC character.

Actually, he was created exactly because Stan Lee noticed DC hadn't grabbed the Wonder Man trademark yet (She-Hulk was created by the same reason). Then he appeared in one issue then died for a decade.

But eventually he became a long-standing Avenger- in fact, he appeared more and was more important to the team than Black Widow or Hulk. So, it's not really a scrapping the bottom of the barrel thing- he is at this point the longest standing Avengers member that hasn't showed up in the MCU yet.

Anyway, I thought we didn't need more of Ben Kingsley as Slattery, but that moment when he explained why he became an actor in Shang-Chi was probably the hardest I've laughed in a MCU movie, so I'm OK with it. I just don't know how they're going to explain him running around freely.

I think they're probably just beefing up the roster of superheroes so Kang will have plenty to kill off, or bring in Secret Wars to kill off.   Suprisingly it's not James Gunn developing this show, but Kang Dynasty director Deston Daniel Cretton.

25 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Anyway, I thought we didn't need more of Ben Kingsley as Slattery, but that moment when he explained why he became an actor in Shang-Chi was probably the hardest I've laughed in a MCU movie, so I'm OK with it. I just don't know how they're going to explain him running around freely.

At first I thought maybe he'd appear in flashback? I don't think it's that odd if he's a free man though. He sorta helped save the world. Plus his crime wasn't that horrible, he was supposedly an unwitting accomplice really. He may have spent more time imprisoned by Wenwu than he was sentenced too. 

2 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I think they're probably just beefing up the roster of superheroes so Kang will have plenty to kill off, or bring in Secret Wars to kill off.   Suprisingly it's not James Gunn developing this show, but Kang Dynasty director Deston Daniel Cretton.

It's not (just?) that, but also that if Agatha Harness can become popular enough to have a spin-off séries, Marvel probably thought they can reach deeper in their catalogue (and as I pointed out, WM isn't that deep). I also think Marvel probably realizes now that they could, or should, have done this with Eternals particularly, rather than introduce everyone at once (hell, one of them is an actor, maybe he'll appear?).

Aw, man. Wonder Man is one of my favorite Avengers.  The generally terrible costumes, the lack ofnplace in the world after "dying"...his generally complicated 70s history with Vision and the Scarlet Witch...his friendship with Beast. It's all great. 

His solo series was only 25 issues, but it was a lot of fun. 

Busiek and Perez did a great take on him when he came back when they restarted the Avengers after Heroes Reborn...

Wonder Man is a top ten Avenger who doesn't get enough love.

1 minute ago, sifth said:

He's GRRM's favorite comic character or at least was when he was a kid.

Hohkay.  To be clear, I wasn't trying to cast aspersions on the use of Wonder Man in any way, just honestly saying I - someone that's never read any comics and is primarily familiar through 90s cartoons - had never heard of him and he obviously sounds like Wonder Woman's husband or something.

5 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

I think they're probably just beefing up the roster of superheroes so Kang will have plenty to kill off, or bring in Secret Wars to kill off. 

Is it really likely that Marvel create a whole TV show around a character just to kill him off?  

8 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Is it really likely that Marvel create a whole TV show around a character just to kill him off?  

To be fair, Wonder Man does get killed off rather often. But then gets better. I mean, he was doing it before it was a normal comic book thing...

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

I mean, right now it appears that's pretty much what they did with Wanda.

So She-Hulk reveals Steve Rogers lost his virginity to a girl at a USO show in 1943 …

In Captain America at one such show, we see Steve meeting a very enthusiastic lady wanting his autograph, played by Laura Haddock.

Who also plays Peter Quill’s mother.

So needless to say there’s now speculation that Quill is descended from Steve Rogers

6 hours ago, DMC said:

Hohkay.  To be clear, I wasn't trying to cast aspersions on the use of Wonder Man in any way, just honestly saying I - someone that's never read any comics and is primarily familiar through 90s cartoons - had never heard of him and he obviously sounds like Wonder Woman's husband or something.

You take things way too seriously, I never implied any of that. I was just stating a fun bit of trivia.

7 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Aw, man. Wonder Man is one of my favorite Avengers.  The generally terrible costumes, the lack ofnplace in the world after "dying"...his generally complicated 70s history with Vision and the Scarlet Witch...his friendship with Beast. It's all great. 

His solo series was only 25 issues, but it was a lot of fun. 

Busiek and Perez did a great take on him when he came back when they restarted the Avengers after Heroes Reborn...

Wonder Man is a top ten Avenger who doesn't get enough love.

Wonder Man is a favorite of mine going back to the Bronze Age and his old Christmas tree costume. Avengers v1 #160 continues to be a favorite. 

I actually expected him to make an appearance after the WandaVision animated opening that featured Grim Reaper’s helmet.  I honestly thought the he was going to be the source of the tech buggy. 

Archived