Football. Sweden then (probably) France, a Waterloo double?

BigFatCoward

Yeah, it’s great how brave Wiegman’s continued to be with how attacking the set up of the team is. It would have been easy to react to the Spain game by picking a couple of more defensive players but she’s stuck to her guns.

Think it’ll be Germany though.

PL money is actually quite something when compared to the other leagues. The Italian league have barely spent anything as a whole league, let alone individual teams. It's a bit sad, really.

Just saw that Haller has been diagnosed with testicular cancer. He's already undergone the operation to remove the tumour.

And Pogba has done his meniscus and is expected to be out for at least 2 months.

Also reports that Ajax have raised their asking price for Antony to €100m. I really hope that this convinces Ten Hag to consider alternatives. Even €80m for Antony would be utter madness. Ten Hag needs to work better with the club's scouts instead of sticking his finger in his ear and refusing to consider alternatives – this is how we ended up paying 20m more than Lisandro Martinez is actually worth. We are going to end up with McFred starting in midfield again because of his stubbornness.

Dortmund's head of scouting and analysis, Markus Pilawa, to join Bayern. 

Yeah, they were reportedly in need of changine their transfer policy more towards a Dortmund model (identifying more gifted young stars with a high resale value, rather than Bayern the already world class players). So they poached a key part of Dortmund's recruitment. Typical Bayern stuff.

Looks like Atleti are the latest to reject Ronaldo. The club president said that it is practically impossible for Atleti to sign him. A fan organisation sent out a letter urging the club hierarchy not to sign him. Atleti are currently playing a pre-season game against Numancia and their supporters have a big banner out reading "CR7 NOT WELCOME".

25 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Nah, you will end up coveringthe 20m in deterred wages Barca owes de Jong on top of the transfer fee.

I hope we walk away if that's the case. There's backing the manager and then there's downright stupidity. Paying De Jong's deferred wages for Barca (while they are throwing money around) just to make Ten Hag happy would fall under the latter.

51 minutes ago, Raja said:

I've been hoping we'd look at him if we were to look at Burnley players. I have a weakness for his kind of slick technique. 

Dunno if he can hold a stable, high level, but this is a signing I welcome.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

I hope we walk away if that's the case. There's backing the manager and then there's downright stupidity. Paying De Jong's deferred wages for Barca (while they are throwing money around) just to make Ten Hag happy would fall under the latter.

We are talking United here.

Jones, Gomez, Keita have been very average in pre-season so far. Carvalho and Elliot were disappointing tonight. Konate needs to learn not to step out everytime in defence. 

Diaz needs to score goals now, rest of his game is excellent. I'm also disappointed with Klopp that he didn't play Nunez with Diaz and Salah. 

Archived