Football. Sweden then (probably) France, a Waterloo double?

BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Yes. Two women came forward. The footballer was initially arrested after allegations of a rape that took place in June this year. While in custody he was arrested on suspicion of raping a second woman in April and June last year. The Metropolitan Police released a statement yesterday saying that no further action will be taken in relation to the alleged offence that occurred in June 2021. The other two incidents are still being investigated.

Just so I’m clear on the timeline, the woman today who released all the texting back and forth with Partey was the incident that’s no longer under investigation?

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

Just so I’m clear on the timeline, the woman today who released all the texting back and forth with Partey was the incident that’s no longer under investigation?

Don't know. I've only followed the statements from the police and not anything else.

2 hours ago, Mexal said:

Yes, she is frustrated by the timing of a law change that would have allowed prosecution for offenses committed overseas, had he raped her 10 days later. 

Small distraction from the bigger story Partey people.

Monchi on how and why Kounde ended up in Barca.

Sevilla had to sell due to financial difficulties is the short version of why he left, however the Chelsea bit is comedy.

Eigentlich war alles schon klar mit Chelsea. Am vergangenen Donnerstag habe man bereits eine mündliche Einigung mit den Blues und auch mit dem Innenverteidiger getroffen. Auf einmal machte jedoch das Tuchel-Team einen Rückzieher. "Im letzten Moment haben einige Zweifel von Chelsea dazu geführt, dass alles am Wochenende gestoppt wurde, und zum ersten Mal hat man uns am Montag von Barcelona aus kontaktiert. Nicht vorher. Sie machten uns ein Angebot, das unter dem lag, was wir uns vorgestellt hatten. Und dann sind sie zu einem bedeutenden Betrag gekommen", sagte Monchi. Dem Vernehmen nach streichen die Andalusier 50 Millionen Euro plus möglicher Bonuszahlungen von 10 Millionen Euro ein.

Don't worry, I will provide a translation for it.

Matter of fact, there was an agreement reached with Chelsea last Thursday. Then suddenly Chelsea pulled out. "At the last moment some doubts on Chelsea's side have stopped the transfer from happening last weekend. Barca contacted us for the first time on Monday. Not before that. Their initial offer was below our asking price. Then they offered a significant sum" (Monchi). Reports speak of an amount of 50m + 10m in add-ons. 

Monchi himself did not name any numbers, obviously. So Barca did not hijack the transfer asmuch as Chelsea tanked negotiations. 

12 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I don't want to defend a rapist but are we just assuming these screen shots are genuine? I'm a tech cretin but I could fake that up. Or is there more evidence than that?

As far as I can tell, nobody has flagged up any concerns along these lines. 

Imma go out on a limb and say these are genuine messages, and he is a dirty fucking rapist.

If not, he can sue me. 

Also, this all ties up with recent news reports that the PL footballer facing rape charges will not have to answer for offenses allegedly committed abroad. 

Premier League footballer has one rape allegation dropped by Met Police

6 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

As far as I can tell, nobody has flagged up any concerns along these lines. 

Imma go out on a limb and say these are genuine messages, and he is a dirty fucking rapist.

If not, he can sue me. 

Also, this all ties up with recent news reports that the PL footballer facing rape charges will not have to answer for offenses allegedly committed abroad. 

Premier League footballer has one rape allegation dropped by Met Police

I mean, it's a premier league footballer so it's probably true, and it won't be difficult to prove with a phone download one way or the other. 

55 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yes, she is frustrated by a Tory law change that allows people to avoid prosecution for offenses committed overseas.

Wasn't it the other way round, that he raped her like ten days before they passed a law allowing the Met to investigate. I am nt sure, but I assume Partey being able/lucky to avoid prosecution there, might have been a Brexit benefit (for him at least). At least that sounds kinda believable to me, that the UK withdrawing from the EU's legal sphere, might have had the side effect, that the MET was no longer legally allowed to investigate/prosecute there, before the UK making law changes (which were unnecessary previously). 

Still the Spanish police might be interested in the matter, I'd guess.

Probably one of those areas of expertise our Big Fat Copper knows a bit more about, as it involves police procedures.

8 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Wasn't it the other way round, that he raped her like ten days before they passed a law allowing the Met to investigate. 

Thank you. You are correct, have amended my post. 

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Yes, she is frustrated by the timing of a law change that would have allowed prosecution for offenses committed overseas, had he raped her 10 days later. 

He still could've been prosecuted overseas, had she pressed charges. It's not as if UK is the only country with police, courts, prosecutors etc.

21 minutes ago, baxus said:

He still could've been prosecuted overseas, had she pressed charges. It's not as if UK is the only country with police, courts, prosecutors etc.

Maybe she tried. Who knows. 

Archived