Football. Sweden then (probably) France, a Waterloo double?

BigFatCoward

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Offering 40 million for madison seems like a lot. 

Really?

I'm not sure signing him would be ideal for Newcastle but he's a 25 year old English playmaker who got double figures for goals and the same number of assists as Kevin De Bruyne in the Premier League last year. Seems like £40 million's about as low as you're going to get for a player with that profile.

11 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

Really?

I'm not sure signing him would be ideal for Newcastle but he's a 25 year old English playmaker who got double figures for goals and the same number of assists as Kevin De Bruyne in the Premier League last year. Seems like £40 million's about as low as you're going to get for a player with that profile.

Maybe I'm just comparing it to the 50+ million we wouldn't spend to close Diaby, who is younger and much better, and more what we need. 

Leicester aren't going to sell Maddison for £40m. It would take a lot more than that assuming Leicester are even prepared to negotiate - they haven't even signed anyone yet so I doubt they are prepared to negotiate for an important first teamer.

3 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Odegaard is the new Arsenal captain

Let's see for how long. Going by recent history, that positions doesn't seem to bring happyness. (Xhaka, Aubameyang, Gallas, Koscielny...). So two years, before AFTV drive him out of town or he wants to move to another club?

In more important news, on to the second round in the German cup.

Scrappy 4-3 win against a fourth tier club. Not great, but at least not the traditional embarassment. If anybody has a spare striker and/or CAM at an affordable price. (No, Portugese rapists please).

2 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Community Shield today. I know it's a glorified friendly, but it would be really nice if we could get back into the habit of winning games against big teams (without needing penalties.)

That probably won't be today though, given that Adrian will be in goal.

You didn't mention anything about Bobby starting as a striker. The end is nigh! :P

Koscielney may have left in not the best way, but he was an excellent player & a decent captain, though he only had one season with the armband.

It ended poorly but he was excellent for us.

Archived