Football. Sweden then (probably) France, a Waterloo double?

BigFatCoward

Chelsea, one of the two unknowns for this season. 

I have no idea, what to make of that squad. 

I mean, City and Liverpool should finish top of the table.

After that, I'd say Spurs third (unless they are gonna Spurs it).

Then it gets really diifcult to predict, who will lay claim to the final CL spot. 

Arsenal would be in the mix, if it weren't for that rapist.

Chelsea's squad doesn't feel complete.

United has ten Hag and bunch of new players to improve them, but are still with the other rapist upfront, and without that defensive midfielder (yet, again).

As of right now, I think even West Ham might chance it into fourth.

10 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Chelsea, one of the two unknowns for this season. 

I have no idea, what to make of that squad. 

I mean, City and Liverpool should finish top of the table.

After that, I'd say Spurs third (unless they are gonna Spurs it).

Then it gets really diifcult to predict, who will lay claim to the final CL spot. 

Arsenal would be in the mix, if it weren't for that rapist.

Chelsea's squad doesn't feel complete.

United has ten Hag and bunch of new players to improve them, but are still with the other rapist upfront, and without that defensive midfielder (yet, again).

As of right now, I think even West Ham might chance it into fourth.

Nah, it's pretty easy.

Liverpool and City will finish top 2 easily.

Chelsea, Spurs, and Arsenal will compete for the remaining two CL spots.

United will be competing with West Ham and others for the europa league and conference league places.

United's squad is worse than last season. None of Matic, Pogba, Cavani or Greenwood have been replaced. Ronaldo desperately wants out and will probably do his best to sabotage Ten Hag if he doesn't get a move. Slim chance of us replacing him if he does move. This transfer window has been a disaster for United.

Chelsea'S squad is probably still missing a CB and a CF. So, I am genuinely not sure, what to make of them. I think Spurs are stronger this year.

Arsenal and Chelsea could/should comppete for fourth. But with Parteygate in the background at Highbury... I think their team is distinctively weaker without him. So if he goes the Greenwood way, Arsenal will be screwed. And that's putting aside the moral question of whether they should field him in the meantime.

Really poor by Liverpool today.  They didn’t seem prepared for the intensity levels of a newly promoted side at their home.  Our midfield was over-run.  Both goals conceded were poor, with Trent too passive defending at the back post yet again, and a blatant dive rewarded with a penalty when we were finally the much more dangerous team.  And Firmino, after being praised for looking sharper in preseason, has been terrible against City and Fulham.  It’s understandable to ease in Nunez but with Jota out injured we don’t have that luxury.

And of course the aging MF with no new recruits comes under further pressure as Thiago joins Keita, Jones and Ox in the treatment room while Hendo and Fabinho stunk the place out.  Of course that would happen.  Just like the season we took a risk with being light on CB cover.

None of the Chelsea fans I know are any more confident about their squad than Consigliere is about ours. They've got a bunch of aging players they've failed to adequately replace, and no functioning no9.

Also I think an implosion is inevitable coz they're managed by Tuchel, but that's just me.  

I completely understand how a forward can con a referee with a dive, since the ref has only a single look from a single viewpoint.

But how can VAR award that penalty for Fulham after having reviewed it several times, in slow motion, from several angles?  It is clearly a con and a dive, but VAR allows the penalty for what reason?

Madness and a waste of everyone's time while VAR pointlessly looks at the evidence and does nothing.

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

None of the Chelsea fans I know are any more confident about their squad than Consigliere is about ours. They've got a bunch of aging players they've failed to adequately replace, and no functioning no9.

Also I think an implosion is inevitable coz they're managed by Tuchel, but that's just me.  

The Athletic did a poll and majority of Chelsea fans appear to be pessimistic about the season. Much more pessimistic than United fans for instance which was surprising to me considering Chelsea have a vastly better squad and much better prospects of actually winning something while United's squad is weaker than last season and we are all forlornly hoping that Ten Hag can get a tune out of dogshit players.

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

But how can VAR award that penalty for Fulham after having reviewed it several times, in slow motion, from several angles?  It is clearly a con and a dive, but VAR allows the penalty for what reason?

Because, having reviewed it several times in slow motion from several angles they saw that, while he missed with his foot, VVD definitely caught him with his knee. 

(I did think he stepped on his toe initially, but the reverse angle showed it wasn't that- it was the knee that caused that impediment)

45 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

The Athletic did a poll and majority of Chelsea fans appear to be pessimistic about the season. Much more pessimistic than United fans for instance which was surprising to me considering Chelsea have a vastly better squad and much better prospects of actually winning something while United's squad is weaker than last season and we are all forlornly hoping that Ten Hag can get a tune out of dogshit players.

Also it's because Ziyech is shite, they're all starting to get disillusioned with Havertz, Pulisic can't play three games without something going twang, Hudson-Odoi needs to go on a scarecrow quest and Mount, while good at what he does, isn't really a playmaker. So they're sorely lacking in the creativity department. 

1 hour ago, Hereward said:

I have a funny feeling this is going to be a season of the unexpected. Obviously, West Ham will win it, but I tip Spurs for second, Man City in third and Arsenal in fourth, with Liverpool in fifth.

you are right about the unexpected...but it is newcastle finishing top 6!

16 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

they are sorta hoping that Thiago Silva can play a full season

The sports scientists have conducted extensive tests on his babyface. He's got another a decade in him.

Archived