Football. Sweden then (probably) France, a Waterloo double?

BigFatCoward

What a horrible cunt. This isn't even the worst of it. Hope he goes to jail. 

Ryan Giggs ‘kicked his naked girlfriend out of Dubai hotel room’

Ryan Giggs kicked his naked girlfriend out of a hotel room in Dubai when she accused him of messaging another woman, his assault trial has heard.

The former Manchester United footballer was on holiday in Dubai visiting Kate Greville when the alleged incident occurred, a jury at Manchester crown court was told.

In a police interview video played to the jury, Greville told detectives that Giggs “flipped” when the pair were in a nightclub and she saw him message “another girl”. Giggs insisted that he was messaging his daughter and when they got back to the hotel room evicted her from their suite, she claimed.

“He literally flipped again,” she said, when interviewed by police weeks after she alleged he headbutted her in November 2020.

“He grabbed me, I had no clothes on, he grabbed me by my arm, my wrist, so hard, and literally dragged me into the lounge bit of the suite, grabbed me, put me on the floor, and took all my suitcases, all my belongings, all my make-up and just threw it all into the corridor and literally shut the door and wouldn’t let me into the bedroom. I’m there, naked. All my stuff was in the middle of the corridor and I was like: what just happened?”

28 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Ok thanks I didn't know I'll delete it.

All these aggregators have misquoted or mistranslated what Romero actually said. He said that Barca are hoping to get a deal done for Silva for €50-60 million (that seems wildly optimistic on Barca's part) but there is currently no agreement with City.

14 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

#Rondonin

There are some reports claiming that Atleti have offered Morata.

As for Everton ... all in all, it has been a slow window, and I wouldn't have minded having more speed on the transfers, but I reckon economic reasons has been the limitation.

Still, Tarkowski seems good business (he's a different player than Keane, for sure), and while we still keep believing Mina will somehow stay uninjured for more than 5 seconds, we have depth at CB. Coady now filling in too will be a positive, as I reckon he's way ahead of both Holgate (improving) and Keane in quality.

Paterson looking decent on the right means all we now need to hope for is him not getting injured. 

Midfield .. Gana is ageing, but I think he can still do a job for us in the holding role. We sorely lack quality there. Doucouré, Gray, Gordon and actually Iwobi (if played right) can still do a good job, but none of them are holding. Allan I'm uncertain of, while Gomes, Davies and Gbamin need to improve drastically if they are to play. Dele too.

McNeill as an addition I like, Onana I don't know enough of. But we need a backup striker not named Solomon Rondon, and preferably by last Saturday.

In unsurprising news.

Werner back to Leipzig official. 4 year contract. Sesko joining them next year from the Red Bull farm in Salzburg.

In more sensible United news, they apparently are preparing a bid for Milinkovic-Savic. He should help with that gaping hole in their middle. But let's see how they will turn this into another transfer  circus.

I’m really surprised that Coady fell so far out of favor at Wolves so abruptly.  What happened there?  It’s not like the defense was the big problem, although I can see why they may want to shift from three CBs to two so that that they can actually get forward (unlike Chelsea, who refuse to learn that lesson).

And why could Wolves not demand a transfer fee considering Everton were in desperate need of CB reinforcements after two new injuries?

It seems strange.

4 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I’m really surprised that Coady fell so far out of favor at Wolves so abruptly.  What happened there?  It’s not like the defense was the big problem, although I can see why they may want to shift from three CBs to two so that that they can actually get forward (unlike Chelsea, who refuse to learn that lesson).

And why could Wolves not demand a transfer fee considering Everton were in desperate need of CB reinforcements after two new injuries?

It seems strange.

Not Portuguese 

4 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Yeah, apparently they’re switching to four at the back and I think it’s just that Coady seems to be viewed as only viable as one of three centre backs. It probably suggests that Everton are set on sticking with a back three too.

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Not Portuguese 

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

Yeah, apparently they’re switching to four at the back and I think it’s just that Coady seems to be viewed as only viable as one of three centre backs. It probably suggests that Everton are set on sticking with a back three too.

But still surprising that they didn’t demand a transfer fee.  A loan with option to buy lets Everton wait for Godfrey’s recovery and then dump a then 30yr old Coady back on Wolves.  I would have expected his stock to be higher right now, even if he has only looked viable as one of three CBs.

Not entirely sure about why, myself, but could be that 1) negotiations were so far advanced it would feel weird to do an about-face on them and 2) Coady himself really wanted playing time (as he aims to be in Qatar).

Wolves could of course have shut the door on that if they wanted.

I don't know Milinkovic's injury record, but if we do get him, we don't need Rabiot IMO. Especially since none of them can play at DM. IIRC, Rabiot even started a clash with the PSG board because the manager wanted to play him at DM, which led to his departure to Juve.

Also, I don't know how to say that, but we really don't need Rabiot's mom :D 

A midfield of De Jong - Milinkovic (or Fred) - Fernandes (or Van de Beek) would be great

18 minutes ago, Ser Glendon Fireball said:

A midfield of De Jong - Milinkovic (or Fred) - Fernandes (or Van de Beek) would be great

Still wouldn't have any defensive midfielders. FDJ and SMS might be defensively sound enough between them to cover it, but it'd still be a gamble. Not that we're getting both. 

I'm also unsure about Milinkovic-Savic because although I think he's really good, he isn't a direct like-for-like for De Jong. Like, he does the same job in terms of being a linking midfielder etc etc, but he does it quite differently and if a Scholesian type who controls the tempo through his passing is what Ten Hag is set on, I dunno that SMS fixes that issue. 

Well Can was there for about 18 months, before they sold him to Dortmund for 25m €. So I don't think he was an utter disaster for Juve.

Rumoredly they are willing to listen to transfer offers for him to save his wages. 15-16m € and he could be yours, again. But that might just be rumors, because he has done alright at Dortmund. 

Archived