Fantasy Football 2022

Whiskeyjack

1 hour ago, BLU-RAY said:

Oops, my bad. If there are any back-outs or if a Westeros D gets run, would love to join; otherwise, will stick with Dynasty this year.

Damn man, you literally showed up right after I removed your team from W-A.  Guessing it sent you a notification that reminded you?

My preference is to have as many people as possible playing in the different leagues, so if you're here then I'm going to give you your spot in A back, and will put Mexal back in C (sorry Bronn).

I'm OK with that if Mex and Bronn are OK with it, but this is my fault so I'll defer to them.

And no, didn't see the notification - I just checked in today kind of randomly; I looked in July to see if folks were talking FF yet, and then this month has been hectic thus far and I forgot to check again until today.

BTW - in case it's possible to update in your files - the email address you're most likely to reach me at is 

Spoiler

vikram.bali87 at gmail dot com

11 minutes ago, BLU-RAY said:

I'm OK with that if Mex and Bronn are OK with it, but this is my fault so I'll defer to them.

And no, didn't see the notification - I just checked in today kind of randomly; I looked in July to see if folks were talking FF yet, and then this month has been hectic thus far and I forgot to check again until today.

BTW - in case it's possible to update in your files - the email address you're most likely to reach me at is 

Reveal hidden contents

vikram.bali87 at gmail dot com

Okay thanks.  I've already sent out the invite to the yahoo email that you used for the league last year.  Let me know if you want me to send another invite to this one instead.

And no worries, its your spot, so we're all good.  Just wish you'd checked in one hour earlier, before I finally gave up and deleted your team.  :lol: 

4 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Sooooo.......in setting up the leagues I just noticed that Pyro also said he'd be up for playing in W-B.  Must have missed that before.  Since he only has one other league (W-C), technically the spot should be his if I'm using the rules I laid out above. 

If you're okay with it, I'm going to offer him the spot in W-B first, so he can get in a second league.

(Also realistically, I doubt anybody else is going to show up and join Keeper, so you're probably going to end up in that one anyway.)

All fine by me. And as far as dates goes all the ones you listed should be fine, but one of my best friends will be in town on the 31st through the 6th, so can we try to avoid having every draft in that specific range? I'll get in touch with him and see if he has any hard plans yet.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

All fine by me. And as far as dates goes all the ones you listed should be fine, but one of my best friends will be in town on the 31st through the 6th, so can we try to avoid having every draft in that specific range? I'll get in touch with him and see if he has any hard plans yet.

Cool, thank you. 

For the draft, you can usually count on dynasty and keeper being late and starting in week 4, so you should be all good there. 

It just dawned on me I'm totally fucked for week one across every league and just in general:

• I have to catch an early flight on the 9th, i.e. can't enjoy the opener.
  • Will be heading to San Fran area for a Bat Mitzvah on the 10th that is going to be an insanely lavish party thrown on a country club's golf course (I have no idea what this is even going to look like). 
  • It's for my favorite cousin's kid and I'm sure I won't have to pay for even the finest of booze in a drinkingfest that will last from 6pm-2am. 
  • Hungover, hopefully with someone alongside, not adjusted to the time zone change and probably late for a brunch.
  • 90 minute drive to SFO and I takeoff just around the time of SNF

Fuck...

Had a dynasty rookie draft last night.  Ten team, 1QB, .5 PPR.  My haul:

1.08 - Chris Olave, WR Saints
1.10 - Jameson Williams, WR Lions
2.02 - James Cook, RB Bills
3.07 - Isiah Pacheco, RB Chiefs
4.08 - Greg Dulcich, TE Broncos
4.10 - Isaiah Likely, TE Ravens
6.10 - Kyle Phillips, WR Titans

Also grabbed Jerome Ford off of waivers after the draft since he may have the Kareem Hunt role in Cleveland next year.  

I reached a bit in the third and bought into the Pacheco hype, but at that point in rookie drafts you’re just throwing darts anyway and CEH is a jag, so the RB room is wide open. 

• 2 weeks later...

DOing a Money League for the first time in who knows how long (actually it's part money league/part fund raiser) and it's drafting tonight.  

12 teams. Snake Draft. 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex - I've got the second draft position.  

Who should I be taking, in your opinion?

Money league, 10 man snake (9th pick), standard 2 flex spots with one allowing a QB, 18 man roster:

QB - Herbert, Lance (Fields, Baker, Hill)

WR - Allen, Sutton, Thielen (Juedy, MVS)

RB - Cook, Chubb (CEH, Singletary, J. Cook)

TE - Hockenson (Hill, again)

K - Bass

D - Rams

Edited by Tywin et al.

We need one more owner for Dynasty.  The team you would be taking over is pretty bare (Joe Burrow and that is about it), so you would be starting from scratch.  There are lots of good players in the draft pool this year.

We also need one more for keeper.  That team has some good keepers.

Edited by grozeng

10 man money league auction draft last night - definitely ended up w/ one of the better teams, but a little too reliant on San Diego.  All in all though, very happy w/ my picks.

QB - Herbert (Carr)

RB - Ekeler, J. Williams, Gibson (Jacobs, Mattison, Herbert)

WR - Lamb, McLaurin, M. Williams (Waddle, Cooks, J. Jones, R. Anderson)

K - McPherson

D - Bucs

Had my annual 12 team redraft league's draft the other night.  This used to be a 0PPR league, but we switched to .5 PPR starting this year to my delight.  Finally I am no longer forced to use my first three picks on RB.  It's also 6pts per QB touchdown.  Other than that, it's a pretty standard league.

QB Jalen Hurts

RB Aaron Jones
RB Travis Etienne

WR Justin Jefferson
WR AJ Brown
WR Michael Thomas

TE Travis Kelce

K Cade York

D/ST Broncos

BN Chase Edmonds
BN Brandon Aiyuk
BN Michael Carter
BN Treylon Burks
BN Jahan Dotson
BN Kenneth Gainwell
BN Isiah Pacheco

I picked at the 1.03 and took Jefferson, then Kelce and Jones near the 2/3 turn.  Hurts fell a lot further than he should have too, which was great for me since I got to stack him with AJ Brown and then later Gainwell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I doth protest, if a player gets hurt in the first minute of the game, one should not be stuck with said player. Especially when they started the player at the last minute. Tis a crime against FF humanity to stick me with Hines' .8 brain scrambled points!!!

My brother and I are discussing a trade.  He wants Cooper Kupp, who gets thrown to by the not quite washed QB Matt Stafford.  Is willing to send me Waddle and Mixon.  He'd like Chase Edmonds too, but I'd probably cut him anyway once a 2 for 1 went through so I don't think that's a problem.

Roster wise, it's a  ten team superflex, 2 rb, 3 wr/te with bonus receiving and rushing yards past 100 and 60, so you can actually flex a WR3 or RB2 instead of a QB.  Though I'm probably riding with Lamar and Geno rest of the way.  

So would you rather have Kupp and Kareem Hunt, or Waddle and Mixon?  I tend to think Mixon has under performed and Kupp has performed at about expectation, so it seems like a decent idea.    Personally I feel like Mixon can do better than his first five weeks, and Kupp probably has over acvhieved with a dying QB in a struggling offence, but not sure. 

Have Saquon, Pittman, and Sutton in my other starting spots, just for backround.