Fantasy Football 2022

Whiskeyjack

I never thought Herbert would be the one to do me like this. Going into the week I was projected to go 5-0, and only one match was close. Right now 1-2 is a lock and the last two could go any way.

Why do I do this to myself?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like I might go 5-0 this week starting Carr and Ehlinger twice here and crushing my buddy in first place in our money league with the mighty two headed monster of Mariota and Fields!  

Edited by Tywin et al.

So for whatever reason Yahoo has locked the account that I use to play fantasy with you guys. Maybe because I've broken a few too many phones lately. 

Anyway, I've exhausted all options to get the account unlocked short of paying them new money to fulfill terms of an existing user-provider contract."Yahoo PREMIUM customer support...................

............."

I will not be extorted. I am sorry for the imbalances it will create across leagues. There's nothing more I can do. 

Edited by Fire and Jace

32 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

So for whatever reason Yahoo has locked the account that I use to play fantasy with you guys. Maybe because I've broken a few too many phones lately. 

Anyway, I've exhausted all options to get the account unlocked short of paying them new money to fulfill terms of an existing user-provider contract."Yahoo PREMIUM customer support...................

............."

I will not be extorted. I am sorry for the imbalances it will create across leagues. There's nothing more I can do. 

If you want to create a new account, you can let me know what it is and I'll invite it to be a co-manager on your teams.  That might work.

21 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

If you want to create a new account, you can let me know what it is and I'll invite it to be a co-manager on your teams.  That might work.

That's fine for me. Since the game is already half over I'll do it in the morning and PM you the deets. 

Thanks 

On 11/3/2022 at 7:17 PM, Whiskeyjack said:

We weren't able to get this to work.  To maintain the integrity of the leagues, I'm going to set Jace's lineups.  Will put in her top projected players.  If she doesn't have anybody on her team who is active to fill a spot, will pickup the top projected player from free agency. 

Will do my best, but no promises that I'll catch every situation - i.e. if she has somebody declared inactive and I'm not paying attention, might not see it in time.

Edited by Whiskeyjack

Every week that passes, I'm more and more upset that I was 2 minutes late for the draft and it bid the running back from the Colts for me ... and so expensively.

I'm a Titan fan and didn't trust him and wouldn't have bid on him at all, let alone at that price. And then all he does is prove me right.

Pain.

Edited by Ser Not Appearing

3 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

We weren't able to get this to work.  To maintain the integrity of the leagues, I'm going to set Jace's lineups.  Will put in her top projected players.  If she doesn't have anybody on her team who is active to fill a spot, will pickup the top projected player from free agency. 

Will do my best, but no promises that I'll catch every situation - i.e. if she has somebody declared inactive and I'm not paying attention, might not see it in time.

I just had this same scenario come up in a league I run (except it's because a player basically rage-quit).  They dumped their team into the free-agent pool and quit.  So, I put all the players back on their team and will just run it on autopilot, so to speak, as you describe.  There's really no other way to do it since we're not only commissioners in these leagues but also players.

On 11/3/2022 at 6:44 PM, Fire and Jace said:

............."

Finally, something that might keep me out of last place. Probably not. But maybe.

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who made it to the postseason.  Here's how things line up.

Experts
Race (1) - bye
Jaxom (2) - bye
Mudguard (3) vs Dunk (6)
Jace (4) vs Whiskeyjack (5)

Westeros A
Grozeng (1) - bye
Bluray (2) - bye
Jaime (3) vs JJ Lannister (6)
Tywin (4) vs Bronn (5)

Westeros B
Ross (1) - bye
Whiskeyjack (2) - bye
Jaxom (3) vs Bronn (6)
Pyro (4) vs Brian (5)

Westeros C
Tywin (1) - bye
POTN (2) - bye
Jace (3) vs Whiskeyjack (6)
Jaime (4) vs Pyro (5)

Two first place teams means of course again I won't make Experts, lol. I still believe I made the two highest scoring teams ever here and still, per how Minnesota sports go, failure is assured. 

ETA: It should be noted, I played in four leagues, made exactly zero trades, didn't do much at all with waivers and made the playoffs in everyone. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Managed to finish in 1st place in my work league by 6 points.  For the second straight year, had a slow start (1-4), followed by a huge turnaround (8-1 the last 9 weeks, to end up at 9-5 overall). 

Unfortunately, had Kyler on both of my 2 best teams (work league and Westeros B).  And my Experts and Westeros C teams aren't very good.  So expecting this to be the first season in a while where I don't win any championships. 

23 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Sounds fun.

To be fair I've had a rough few months. Took forever to close out my father's estate and now I've been dealing with a broken foot for six weeks. FF has not been a top priority. Really haven't watched a ton of games overall.

Edited by Tywin et al.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

To be fair I've had a rough few months. Took forever to close out my father's estate and now I've been dealing with a broken foot for six weeks. FF has not been a top priority. Really haven't watched a ton of games overall.

Sorry to hear that, hope things are getting better. 

Was mainly joking.  Just kind of sad that things used to be way more active in these leagues.  I know some people don't like that, but to me it was a lot more fun.

I had a hard time getting into football at all this year.  Definitely feeling the aftermath of "my team moved to LA to be the asterisked chumps to the also-chump Rams".   I just don't care who wins games any more.  Plus, MLB was very exciting for me right up until game 3 of the NLCS.  Baseball is definitely my passion these days.

It showed in my drafts and it showed in my outcomes.  My Westeros A team is the only one that actually looks good now.  Well maybe that and Keeper, but that team finished DFL at 4-10 so all I will see is if it is a terror in the consolation playoffs.