Fantasy Football 2022

Whiskeyjack

Fighting to make my Small Money League finals, which would guarantee me some money...need to upgrade, believe it or not, Defense. Would you rather have Cleveland vs. New Orleans or Tennessee vs. Houston?

Edited by Jaxom 1974

Semi-finals update.

Experts
Race (1) vs Jace (4)
Jaxom (2) vs Mudguard (3)

Westeros A
Grozeng (1) vs Tywin (4)
Bluray (2) vs Jaime (3)

Westeros B
Ross (1) vs Pyro (4)
Whiskeyjack (2) vs Jaxom (3)

Westeros C
Tywin (1) vs Jaime (4)
POTN (2) vs Jace (3)

Just noticed that there weren't any upsets in the first round of the playoffs.  Every semi-final matchup is 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3.

Yeah I shit the bed almost across the board fantasy wise this year.  FInished 3rd regular season so got my buy in back in the expensive league.  Lost 2 match ups a week for three weeks to fall out of second.  Then put up the second best score in the first round of the playoffs.  On to 2023.

If Butker made that FG at the end of regulation, or Brian Robinson's TD counted, I'd have moved on in my second most expensive league.  CMC, Rhamondre, DHop, Keenan Allen, Mark Andrews, great team, but thems the breaks.

So depending on a few other things, I'm in for about $900 and getting around $650 to $700 back.  Way better than slamming down $500 on Miami at +135 when Jimmy went out.

Going for my fourth overall championship trophy in both Dynasty and Experts? After thinking I was dead in the water last week? Well that's just fine.  Just fine.

Plus I'm going to win money in my Small Money league...? It's been a good year...

Now the fear sets in. I have the lead, but only skill players left while @Jaime L has Burrow and they're on the Bills.

Finishing 3rd in C dominating @Fire and Jace was a fun tribute to my first place team. Finishing in 4th in Keeper is respectable. I'd still like to hand this team off to someone else next year. If I understand the rules correctly I think I'd be handing it off in pretty good shape for the next person. 

Dynasty is the one that hurts. 11-3, 1st place and clearly the best team, yet I will probably end up in 4th. 

First of all, I want to put this in perspective.  The health of Damar Hamlin is infinitely more important than the remaining NFL games, much less fantasy football.  My prayers continue to go to Hamlin, his family, teammates and friends.

With that said, has there been any determination yet as to how the fantasy games in process that have either Bills or Bengals players in their lineups?  Even the NFL doesn’t know how to proceed or if the game will be completed or cancelled.  Would or could that game count as it stands currently, not count at all, or week 18’s games somehow take the place of that game. should each league have co-champions?  Will Yahoo ultimately make the decision for every league? Should each league vote on how to handle this unique situation?

I don’t have a pony in any of the leagues championship week and quite frankly, don’t care in light of what has happened, so I ask just out of general curiosity.

My computer broke and has been waiting for a part for weeks, so I have not been online much.  My teams really sucked in the semifinal week and lost but resumed doing well this week.  Oh well.  Looks like Jax is going to win Dynasty and Briantw Keeper.

1 hour ago, Dunknegg said:

First of all, I want to put this in perspective.  The health of Damar Hamlin is infinitely more important than the remaining NFL games, much less fantasy football.  My prayers continue to go to Hamlin, his family, teammates and friends.

With that said, has there been any determination yet as to how the fantasy games in process that have either Bills or Bengals players in their lineups?  Even the NFL doesn’t know how to proceed or if the game will be completed or cancelled.  Would or could that game count as it stands currently, not count at all, or week 18’s games somehow take the place of that game. should each league have co-champions?  Will Yahoo ultimately make the decision for every league? Should each league vote on how to handle this unique situation?

I don’t have a pony in any of the leagues championship week and quite frankly, don’t care in light of what has happened, so I ask just out of general curiosity.

That's what my money league did. It's a $50 buy in and pays out $300, $150 and $50 to first second and third. This time third and fourth got their buy in money back and first and second split the $400. Not sure how this works with Experts, but in most leagues I think co-champs makes the most sense.

Using the last week's results is hard because a number of teams are not playing for anything and if they seriously try to replay the game, fuck off NFL.

Edited by Tywin et al.

I've been on vacation all week (and still am), so haven't been around to check in.  

Think the fairest resolution is to just use season averages for the players in question.  So you subtract out the scores they put up in the partial game, replace them with season averages, and get a champion.  Co-champions would be fine too, but I think this is the best suggestion I've heard from people in other leagues.

Doesn't affect me - my result in Westeros B is already set in stone regardless.

Seems Yahoo just declared winners based on...something, based on where things were at the without the Monday game it seems...I mean, I'm not sure what the thought process was. This is all supposed to be for fun either way, so I don't care in the long run...so whatever is decided.

9 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Think the fairest resolution is to just use season averages for the players in question.  So you subtract out the scores they put up in the partial game, replace them with season averages, and get a champion.  Co-champions would be fine too, but I think this is the best suggestion I've heard from people in other leagues.

I like that idea too.  What Yahoo decided was the lazy way out IMO.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:36 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Seems Yahoo just declared winners based on...something, based on where things were at the without the Monday game it seems...I mean, I'm not sure what the thought process was. This is all supposed to be for fun either way, so I don't care in the long run...so whatever is decided.

Agreed.  Whatever's decided by is fine with me.  The players in the league I've run for over 20 years made things very easy on me (for which I'm very grateful).  The two teams in the title game and one team in the 3rd place game had players going in the Bills-Bengals game.  I offered the idea of simply having co-champions and having the teams playing for 3rd tie (splitting the winnings in each case).  However, they didn't like that idea and, really, looking at the contests there was almost assuredly only one way things were going to go in each case.  So, the team that was probably going to take 2nd and the team that was probably going to take 4th said as much and just accepted those outcomes.

It's nice playing with a good group and, of course, it makes things a little easier for me.  But, in the end, I'm just glad there are no hard feelings, etc. because, in the end, this league is just supposed to be a fun way for old friends to keep in touch maybe a little more than they otherwise would.  

Edited by Prince of the North

On 1/6/2023 at 5:36 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

With the NFL having formally declared the game a "no contest", and all stats accumulated during the game canceled, I think Yahoo made the logical choice.  I'd be really disappointed were I in a money league and an opponent accepted this outcome when it was astronomically unlikely for them to win otherwise.  And I would have definitely liked to have seen Yahoo have at least the opportunity for players to concede in Yahoo games - such as a player up by only one point going into that game facing multiple players on both teams with none on their team.  But there was and is no clean answer, as seems to be the consensus.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:35 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Think the fairest resolution is to just use season averages for the players in question.  So you subtract out the scores they put up in the partial game, replace them with season averages, and get a champion.

Guess we're going to go ahead and use this process.  So here are the final results.

Experts
Jace = 92.28 + 29.1 (Allen) = 121.38
Jaxom = 85.92 + 12.82 (Mixon) + 5.85 (Knox) + 8.19 (McPherson) = 112.78

Jace wins

Westeros A
Tywin = 126.42 + 13.04 (Diggs) + 8.74 (Singletary) = 148.2
Jaime = 110.18 + 26.29 (Burrow) + 5.85 (Knox) = 142.32

Tywin wins

Westeros B
Ross = 120.92 + 29.1 (Allen) = 150.02
Whiskeyjack = 83.66 + 10.49 (Higgins) + 8.24 (Davis) = 102.39

Ross wins

Westeros C
POTN = 137.36
Jaime = 88.44 + 29.1 (Allen) = 117.54

POTN wins

All of these results are actually the same as what we already have in Yahoo after the Buffalo/Cincy game was canceled, so nothing changes there.

Tywin, Ross, and POTN are all invited into Experts.

Congrats everyone!

@BBB Jacelyn @Jaxom 1974 @Tywin et al. @Jaime L @Prince of the North @l2 0 5 5