US politics: calm blue waters

IheartIheartTesla

The manliest manly manhoods, the roughest toughest tx dudes to ever ride into town,  pose and preen at CPAC* --

"As reported by Rolling Stone, an over-the-top Cruz told the crowd, "It’s like the old Roman Colosseum where you slam on a breastplate and you grab a battle axe and you go fight the barbarians,” before adding. “As they say in the military world, it is a target-rich environment.”

* While doubtless, getting in line to bend over before the the reel top dawg there, Orban.

O yes, btw, it was at CPAC that romperisto informed the crowd his doctor adores his body, loves looking at it, and praising it, can't get enough of the best body he's ever seen.  The well of self-inflicted self-delusion of out of shape, ugly white guys is without bottom (well, I suppose you might say if you wished, that romperista does have 'bottom').

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Stash up on wine for Chatz visit?

You told us to guess.

Well, since we don’t drink and people always bring us wine as housewarming gifts, we have two completely full mini wine fridges.

So far I have fielded 3 stupid questions on the stock buyback tax (all should have been answered by the fact that the effective date is for buybacks after 12/31/22, so, not in fact relevant for buybacks scheduled for next week), one less stupid question on how the book amt fits with the OECD pillar 2 taxes (it doesn’t! So yes, that means big multinational companies get to keep at least 2 NEW sets of books - should have been called Accounting Firm welfare act of 2022), and several logistical questions about how we are going to draft our client alert.  I have jury duty tomorrow?  

32 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The manliest manly manhoods, the roughest toughest tx dudes to ever ride into town,  pose and preen at CPAC* --

"As reported by Rolling Stone, an over-the-top Cruz told the crowd, "It’s like the old Roman Colosseum where you slam on a breastplate and you grab a battle axe and you go fight the barbarians,” before adding. “As they say in the military world, it is a target-rich environment.”

* While doubtless, getting in line to bend over before the the reel top dawg there, Orban.

O yes, btw, it was at CPAC that romperisto informed the crowd his doctor adores his body, loves looking at it, and praising it, can't get enough of the best body he's ever seen.  The well of self-inflicted self-delusion of out of shape, ugly white guys is without bottom (well, I suppose you might say if you wished, that romperista does have 'bottom').

Pretty lenghty post, just to tell us that you don't feel physically attract to the orange one.

How can he be out of shape, I mean, he plays golf, which Tywin insists is a sport for some reason. And yes, that was the entire point my post. To remind people, and ty in particular: Golf is not a sport.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene: 'No One Can Convince Me' Jan. 6 Rioters Weren't Antifa
The 2020 election conspiracy theorist added that those criminally charged "for things they shouldn't have done" during the Capitol attack are being unfairly treated.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marjorie-taylor-greene-antifa-capitol-attack_n_62efea08e4b00f4cf23b4ec9

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) on Saturday said “no one can convince” her that the rioters behind the Jan. 6 attack at the U.S. Capitol were not anti-fascist protesters and that she “cannot wait for a real investigation” to take place, in an apparent snub to the House committee investigation’s year-long probe.

Greene was speaking with fellow 2020 election conspiracy theorist Mike Lindell, also known as the My Pillow Guy, after attending the Conservative Political Action Conference in Texas when she made her unsupported claims and shared her shock at the day’s violence.

“I was very upset. I never expected anything like that. And when that happened I thought, this is antifa, and no one can convince me it was so-called Trump supporters, and we know there’s a lot wrong there, and I cannot wait for a real investigation,” she said, while pointing a finger at anti-fascist protesters.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Pretty lenghty post, just to tell us that you don't feel physically attract to the orange one.

How can he be out of shape, I mean, he plays golf, which Tywin insists is a sport for some reason. And yes, that was the entire point my post. To remind people, and ty in particular: Golf is not a sport.

Isn't kicking a ball around football?

Pro-SALT deduction House Democrats say they’ll back Senate bill:

House Democrats who are pushing to lift a $10,000 fixed cap on state and local taxes (SALT) said they will support the Inflation Reduction Act, which passed the U.S. Senate on Sunday, even without the SALT deduction.

Both New Jersey Reps. Mikie Sherrill and Josh Gottheimer — who insisted “no SALT, no deal” on previous spending packages — expressed support on Sunday for the Inflation Reduction because it does not affect personal income tax rates or raise taxes on their constituents.

27 minutes ago, DMC said:

At this point the only real threat would seem to be if there's any major drafting errors in the bill text (like the first version of the PACT Act had), and another senate vote is required. Hopefully they were more careful this time.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

Circling back to Ivana T. for a sec... Is it just me or was her sudden demise just a day before the T.'s had to make a deposition in court a tad suspicious?

The real lesson you people need to learn is that she WAS murdered. Possibly by Donald himself. 

Just say it and say it and say it and one day it will be true. 

For the smart set you folks are awfully fucking dense sometimes. It irritates.

10 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

The real lesson you people need to learn is that she WAS murdered. Possibly by Donald himself. 

What do you mean "possibly"?  Don't you mean "obviously"?  Practice what you preach.

31 minutes ago, DMC said:

What do you mean "possibly"?  Don't you mean "obviously"?  Practice what you preach.

Nah, it's a practice. You say his name in conjunction with the charge, making the link, but by acknowledging that he may not have literally pushed her himself you're gaining instant cache with the person who hears the tale. 

Subversion is literally about not being too forward with your corruptive interfacings. 

C'mon man, you'd make a pretty good secret policeman (all that data you crunch, mmmmmhhhhhmmmm) if you'd just apply yourself. 

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

LOL, amateur.

Well, it's a hobby. 

How's your Sunday? I'm 'bout to get fucked up and watch Foundation.

-To Make it About Politics-

Donald Trump is a seditionist criminal who is going to ensconce himself again in the presidency in 31 months and nobody is going to do anything to stop it. We're all living in the last days of a national delusion. Your polls are wrong. Folks who choose DeSantis in a telephone poll don't vote in Republican primaries. Lies work not by making the subject(s) believe the fiction, but by making them want to believe the fiction. You're all living a lie that the wolf inside your door is going to wander off when it realizes some -some- some of the people who opened the door aren't as enthusiastic about it now. And you want to believe that lie because you know that nobody's going to save you.

Captain America isn't real. And if he was he'd be wearing a MAGA hat. Lauren Boebert is real. And she has a lot more power than Iron Man and all his arc reactors. And all the hours you spend laughing at her with Seth Meyers, she's spending thinking up ways -in conjunction with people who actually have functioning brains and no morals- to make you live in HER world. And she is all but dying to use violence towards that end.

Biden, Garland, Democrats in general aren't going to do anything to stop them. Neither will Kenobi. They're going to put the onus on you, the voters, to stop him. Because that probably will increase turnout in their favor, while doing the right thing and holding criminals to account for their crimes will be met with agitation and political uncertainty. Cowards.

"What we need is voters to show the world that America doesn't tolerate sedition." Former President Obama will say at 'Biden' rallies. "It's up to you, it's always been up to you, to defend the rule of law and to show up in numbers that make it clear that violence is not the route to change in America." He will say.

Y'know, ignoring the fact that the enemy has already proven, on TV, that they don't accept results of elections that don't show them as winnerers. And they'll modify the rules to whatever ends necessary to enact their aims. And they'll use violence to enforce those rules. 

So DONATE NOW! The DNC needs YOU to save abortion in Texas! With just three easy payments of $199.99 you could be the owner of a Proud to Help an Abortion button that will definitely not mark you out as a target for your increasingly reactionary neighbors. 

+To Make it About Politics+

Now this streaming service ain't gonna watch itself. Time for me to bury my head for a bit.

8 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

How's your Sunday? I'm 'bout to get fucked up and watch Foundation.

Pretty good, thanks!  I didn't know what Foundation was til you mentioned it, but looks like it's a Josh Friedman show.  Based on Sarah Connor Chronicles I'd totally give it a try if I had Apple TV, enjoy!  Spent the day with my sister and niece.  The latter is now 9 months and has another tooth coming in so was fussy all day.  It was fun but exhausting keeping her happy.  About to kill a bottle of Jack, I'll watch Westworld tomorrow.  

11 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Your polls are wrong.

I haven't run any polls in years.  What I do know is that anyone that thinks the Dems don't have a chance to hold the Senate in November is kidding themselves.  I also know just the other week Kal "predicted" progressives would kill the bill that passed the Senate today, and you hailed it as "learned."  Finally, I know anyone naive and arrogant enough to think they know what's going to happen two-plus years out of a presidential election is not someone worth listening to when it comes to political prognostications.

18 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

And all the hours you spend laughing at her with Seth Meyers

Really, the only time I think about Lauren Boebert at all is when she's brought up on these threads.  And while he seems like a good guy, I've barely even watched Seth Meyers.

21 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

They're going to put the onus on you, the voters, to stop him.

Yep, the onus is on the voters.  Been saying that for years.  Decades, even.

22 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

Y'know, ignoring the fact that the enemy has already proven, on TV, that they don't accept results of elections that don't show them as winnerers. And they'll modify the rules to whatever ends necessary to enact their aims. And they'll use violence to enforce those rules. 

I have no idea why you continue to think anyone is ignoring this.  Just because others do not express their rage or concern on an internet forum the same way you do does not mean they aren't fully aware and just as worried and willing to do what's necessary to combat it.  If you pay attention, you'll notice I've never had a problem with you expressing your hysterics at the world or the GOP or even the Dems.  But when you attack fellow posters, I do.  I don't tell you how to deal with your anxiety, don't tell me how to deal with mine.

7 hours ago, Babblebauble said:

Just say it and say it and say it and one day it will be true. 

For the smart set you folks are awfully fucking dense sometimes. It irritates.

No way would he have done it himself, Sherlock. He always finds someone to do his dirty work for him.

Archived