US politics: calm blue waters

IheartIheartTesla

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Don would be an improvement over both of them as far as I can tell. 

You are rooting for this guy?

I don't know enough about what Ilhan Omar has or has not done within the community but this guy ain't it. Unless he's repented and seriously turned over a new leaf. Even so. 

45 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Hmm ... I'm starting to get the impression no one here likes Donald (except me).

Would you have expected that someone with his dearth of moral and ethical character (along with any shred of intelligence) be celebrated at any point in the history of this board? Trump's GOP has so thoroughly poisoned the well that Ser Scot is swearing these days. Imagine what Yags would have to say.

4 minutes ago, Week said:

Would you have expected that someone with his dearth of moral and ethical character (along with any shred of intelligence) be celebrated at any point in the history of this board? Trump's GOP has so thoroughly poisoned the well that Ser Scot is swearing these days. Imagine what Yags would have to say.

Week -- Donald seems like a good guy to me :)

Uncle Joe fits your description better, though. Yet, with the recent Democrat success, and the potential to maintain the Senate, there's a good chance to see them maintain power. I'm not actively against them (or for them). They might achieve great things. I'm looking forward to it -- success or failure, it's all good.

On Ser Scot, Yagathai, et al., I'm actually fascinated by their positions. And it's not just these two boarders. Many of my former colleagues -- field-grade US Army officers, and my seniors, the general officers -- kind of abandoned the greatest President in modern history, too; and played a small role in costing Trump a second term. It will make the next election that much more interesting.

13 minutes ago, Week said:

You are rooting for this guy?

I don't know enough about what Ilhan Omar has or has not done within the community but this guy ain't it. Unless he's repented and seriously turned over a new leaf. Even so. 

Not sure what you want me to say here. From the article former Police Chief Harteau is a family friend, former Mayor R.T. Rybak is someone I've strongly supported in the past and former Mayor Betsy Hodges was always very good to me whenever I had to work with her. I don't have any experience with Samuels, but he seems like a good guy and I'm not too concerned with a position he took 20 years ago given my hometown(ish) was still called Murderapolis in some areas.

I am in no way saying Samuels is perfect (also, he's not pictured above), but I maintain that Omar is a fundamentally bad MoC based off my narrow set of criteria. Like the much hated Sinema here she doesn't do public events, she avoids any media that's even remotely critical and she's 100% the type that when working in a small group if it fails acts like it's not her fault and if it works claims all the credit despite probably not doing very much. She's facing a strong challenge for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Babblebauble said:

I gotta admit, I'd throw the switch on his traitorous Baron Harkonnen sized ass myself. But I'm passing fond of the orange (wannabe) daughterfucker. Nature enjoys volatility.

Babblebauble -- I'm not sure where you stand on the (political) spectrum, but your posts are hilarious (and some artful). Love them.

1 minute ago, Wade1865 said:

Week -- Donald seems like a good guy to me :)

Then you are a terrible judge of character. Zero redeeming qualities. Unless you believe that his January 6th insurrection that left dead and injured police, stolen and damaged government property was justified. In that case, you'd fit in at the recent CPAC where they had the banner "We are all domestic terrorists" -- it's refreshing for them to admit it.

17 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Donald doesn't like himself that much, and he's a narcissist... 

Don't forget that romperisto's doctor adores his magnificent body.  So don't be so sure . . . .

20 minutes ago, Ran said:

The long, long list of lawsuits, frauds, shake downs, et. al say otherwise, surely. 

Ran -- I wouldn't work or do business with him -- many of my old colleagues, with the highest sense of integrity and morality I've ever come across, abandoned him. I know Donald's character, but it's not nearly as bad as some truly evil people I've come across.

For me, he's best at shaking things up, though, and he has unfinished business. I want him on the (political) front lines. 2024!

2 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

For me, he's best at shaking things up

If sowing fascism while destroying norms and institutions  is shaking things up, sure.

Just also make sure you sign up to be a frontline victim of all of that and we're good here.

44 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

On Ser Scot, Yagathai, et al., I'm actually fascinated by their positions. And it's not just these two boarders. Many of my former colleagues -- field-grade US Army officers, and my seniors, the general officers -- kind of abandoned the greatest President in modern history, too; and played a small role in costing Trump a second term. It will make the next election that much more interesting.

On potential social fracture in the future, I can say with confidence the US Army officer corps would not support the right wing. Although they may be 51% of the population, the majority will maintain the bureaucracy or join the left-leaning 49% out of a sense of misguided loyalty to the establishment.

I don't normally quote myself, but when I do ... it's important.

1 hour ago, Wade1865 said:

Week -- Donald seems like a good guy to me :).

You don’t hear this much outside of Jordan Klepper pieces. Usually it’s ‘he’s a horrible person who is ruining the country and a national shame and I only vote for him because somehow every Democrat is worse…never mind soulless corrupt narcissism who routinely betrays everyone who helps him, most of the Dems are woke.’

Archived