US politics: calm blue waters

IheartIheartTesla

1 hour ago, Week said:

Then you are a terrible judge of character. Zero redeeming qualities. Unless you believe that his January 6th insurrection that left dead and injured police, stolen and damaged government property was justified. In that case, you'd fit in at the recent CPAC where they had the banner "We are all domestic terrorists" -- it's refreshing for them to admit it.

Week -- I've got a good impression of his character, read what I wrote to Ran. But Donald's still a good guy. He's alright, man :)

On the mostly peaceful protest -- was it the 6th? -- I don't remember the exact date, and it didn't register much to me at the time. But, I do recall (in hindsight) it was a great expression of American spirit! If the USG felt a little fear (which I. just. cannot. comprehend. given how tame it was), then that's the way it should be. The USG needs to fear all factions of the population, not just the mass but the minority as well.

Did it look like an insurrection? Come on, man -- I'm not a political scientist! If there really was a genuine insurrectionist intent, it wasn't organized enough that I'd consider it a real threat. If it had included people like me, though, then that would have been a more organized, more serious threat -- but it still wouldn't have turned out well for someone like me.

CPAC. Never! I alkign with the moneyed interests -- now those people are my kinda people. Politicos, who go in as middle class and get out wealthy, I don't want any part of them. It's more respectable when the reverse happens, though.

15 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Speaking of "Don," here's a nice reminder:

Gotta be honest, I agree with all of her conclusions but I still have serious questions about diagnosing anyone you haven’t actually assessed. I understand that many in the field are now thinking that with enough media exposure those lines are blurring, but I am not sure how much you can be certain you’re not evaluating ~ a performance.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:23 PM, Zorral said:

While doubtless, getting in line to bend over before the the reel top dawg there, Orban.

I’d laugh at this because of the image it created, but I can’t because of the image it created. Also remember when Posobiec was only an Angry GOT fan doggedly ranting about Martin’s ASoIaF and GoT? I do. Jesus. I wish he’d stayed that way. Now I read articles in Rolling Stones about CPAC 2022 mentioning his name. Fuck that.

1 hour ago, Wade1865 said:

Jaxom 1974 -- apologies, I missed adding you to the list above, with Ser Scot and Yagathai. I don't blame you guys for your treason, I'm fascinated by it! And I support you. Besides, every woman I've engaged was a narcissist, so let's not over-weight that trait.

Every woman?
Seven help us.

13 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I checked “acid-washed emails” is a term that has only been used once before…by a Donald J. Trump in 2016.

Seems 45 was in New York at the time.   :lmao:

1 minute ago, Wade1865 said:

TormundsWoman -- no, not every woman! Come on, man! Just the women I've personally engaged, including on this board.

Every woman?

Seven help us all over.

And to return to the US politics… Since it passed, and finally had a chance to look at that bill summary: I guess they finally paid attention to the Colorado river water reservoirs aridification since bodies are being finally discovered left and right… 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

If sowing fascism while destroying norms and institutions  is shaking things up, sure.

Just also make sure you sign up to be a frontline victim of all of that and we're good here.

Tywin et al. -- I don't get how Donald could be genuinely sowing fascism, I just don't see it. He seems to be his own moneyed interest at odds with the majorty of his peers; and from what I of those people, they don't discriminate when it comes to profit (e.g. corporate exploitation LGBTQ+ people). But if he really did sow fascism, it didn't stick; and based on the younger generations's attitudes, none of it ever will. I hope he keeps shaking this country up -- get us balanced again before the Millenials assume control of the US in earnest and fuck it all up for us middle-aged and older.

I was on the frontline -- within it, to be precise, given the types of wars we waged the past 2 decades (no one has the balls to approach us conventionally ((come on, PRC!)). It's tempting to get back on the line, and I'd most likely be recalled, if the PRC miscalculates on Taiwan sometime in the next 8 years. Otherwise, I'm staying out of active politics.

29 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

The Feds are tossing Mar-a-lago. Right now.

See @DireWolfSpirit, all you had to do was post a count, and voila!

5 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

get us balanced again before the Millenials assume control of the US in earnest and fuck it all up for us middle-aged and older.

L.  O.  L.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

If sowing fascism while destroying norms and institutions  is shaking things up, sure.

Just also make sure you sign up to be a frontline victim of all of that and we're good here.

Tywin et al. -- as a sidenote, on the future health of the US, the military again is having issues with recruitment, even in this economy. People are either too unhealthy, too criminal, or too uninterested in supporting the state. Moreover, the usual 20-year pension (what kept the regulars in for the duration) no longer exists. Retention will slowly decline as the political and economic wings of the country also declines. So, maybe the US will be replaced dueing the NWO2050. Maybe we won't even keep lead in the N(ish)WO2030.

9 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Who signs off an FBI search warrant, is it the AG?

For something this big, almost certainly. But the final arbiter is a federal judge authorizing the warrant.

14 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Who signs off an FBI search warrant, is it the AG?

As Fez said, in this case he almost certainly signed off on it.  To be clear though, I was 100% joking with my previous comment.  If this is about the national archives thing then it really isn't gonna amount to much.

Lest anyone forget 45 is a compulsive liar, an accused rapist of underage girls and other women, a tax cheat, a white supreme isn’t who completely fails to take responsibility for his many criminal, pandemic spreading policies, and the creation of chaos and violence. He fakes supporting charity. He doesn’t give a crap about the deaths he has contributed or the white supremacy that he is emboldening. It’s cool that he feels the need to use elevator shoes, hugely padded jackets, cosmetic surgery to close some of his balding and ridiculous hair and make up. But you like that guy?

I am not necessarily a big supporter of popular gun control legislation, but holy smokes is this discussion from Lauren Boebert right off the edge of logic and rationale thought.

If this is the kind of "thought leadership" that the national party supports right now, the Republicans might as well shut up shop and hang the shutters.

Lack of access to firearms does not have as a natural and direct outcome the consumption of dogs as a part of the national diet.

Trump also has shown nothing but contempt for our Armed Forces his entire life. I'm just baffled when veterans love the guy. One of my most heroic friends, still active duty Air Force currently in Bahrain, has been posting anti-Trump information from a military point of view for years. Her contempt for the guy is palpable, and when her fellow military contacts defend him on her posts, she comes backing receipts. 

Archived