US politics: calm blue waters

IheartIheartTesla

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Nuclear. Information.  

Apparently the warrant was, at least in part, referencing Nuclear Information...

I’m waiting for the release of the warrant.  But… assuming this is correct is anyone surprised the former grifter in chief would steal shit like this to sell?

8 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I’m waiting for the release of the warrant.  But… assuming this is correct is anyone surprised the former grifter in chief would steal shit like this to sell?

Idk if he was trying to sell it. Other reports say the documents were kept in an unlocked storage room where any staffer or club member could have gotten to them. They only put a lock on the door after they learned authorities wanted them or something like that. Very strange if accurate. 

33 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Nuclear. Information.  

Apparently the warrant was, at least in part, referencing Nuclear Information...

26 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk if he was trying to sell it. Other reports say the documents were kept in an unlocked storage room where any staffer or club member could have gotten to them. They only put a lock on the door after they learned authorities wanted them or something like that. Very strange if accurate. 

Ah haha -- that's hot, that's hot. I wasn't anticipating prison time for random documents, but this would be different..

:drool: delicioso :drool:

15 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

No way did he take and keep top secret documents without planning to sell them.

How much money did Jared get from the Saudis again?

Mindwalker -- anything is possible, but I think it more likely he stole those documents to use as leverage rather than profit (why take risk as a billionaire). Believe me -- I've been to Sarasota, and I've seen those McMansions; as a narcissist, he wants power, plain and simple.

MINOR SPOILER. Consider Frank Underwood, who said in House of Cards, 

Spoiler

“Such a waste of talent. He chose money over power. In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes. Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. I cannot respect someone who doesn’t see the difference.”

I also want to throw this out there. Even though I had originally thought this went too far -- i.e., a conspiracy theory -- this surprising admission by Merrick leads me to believe that he alone ordered the raid, without influence from higher.

And given what he was originally hired to do, and how hesitant he's been in taking out Big Donald in any decisive way, maybe the intent was to throw a softball. Thus, unless Merrick pins him down, this whole scandal will seem like he facilitated his old boss's return.

WP VIA MSN

Attorney General Merrick Garland said he could not discuss the investigation on Thursday. But in an unusual public statement at the Justice Department, he announced he had personally authorized the decision to seek court permission for a search warrant.

A stern warning about slippery slopes and such:

The Shovel’s view on the Donald Trump FBI raid

We are certainly no fans of Donald Trump – let’s make that clear from the outset. But yesterday’s raid by the FBI on the home of a former president sets a dangerous precedent...

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/08/10/the-shovels-view-on-the-fbis-raid-on-donald-trumps-home/

New take on conservative Reddit: okay so maybe it’s not all that great that God-Emperor Trump had some nuclear secrets in his bedroom, but whatever though, because the real crime here is that it took Biden a year and a half to get those nuclear secrets back. 

13 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

We are certainly no fans of Donald Trump – let’s make that clear from the outset. But yesterday’s raid by the FBI on the home of a former president sets a dangerous precedent...

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2022/08/10/the-shovels-view-on-the-fbis-raid-on-donald-trumps-home/

I read this earlier and it's very well done, and funny!

4 hours ago, Wade1865 said:

TormundsWoman -- yes, of course but the good guys always win. I want to see the bad guy win ;)

It's not like history isn't replete with examples of that already. The bad guys winning is possibly the irl rule rather than the exception. Though that is also a matter of perspective. Everyone's the good guy in the head-biopic of their life. I imagine the Proud Boys aren't sitting around a camp fire musing to one another about whether they're the baddies.

Mandatory Youtube link because it's always worth watching at least one more time.

26 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

New take on conservative Reddit: okay so maybe it’s not all that great that God-Emperor Trump had some nuclear secrets in his bedroom, but whatever though, because the real crime here is that it took Biden a year and a half to get those nuclear secrets back. 

I'm inclined to agree with them. Lock Biden up too. And Garland and Wray and Comey too!

Lock them up! 

Lock them up!

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

No way did he take and keep top secret documents without planning to sell them.

How much money did Jared get from the Saudis again?

He'd get way more for them if he took photos and sold them as NFTs.

34 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Honestly, what a poorly written article...

soon any one of us who buries our ex-wife in a small grave 

Everyone knows if you want to commit the perfect murder you bury people in shallow graves, not small graves. Poorly researched fake news!

6 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

He'd get way more for them if he took photos and sold them as NFTs.

:P       Isn't Barron the one good with the cyber?  He coulda done it for dear old dad.

21 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

It's not like history isn't replete with examples of that already. The bad guys winning is possibly the irl rule rather than the exception. Though that is also a matter of perspective. Everyone's the good guy in the head-biopic of their life. I imagine the Proud Boys aren't sitting around a camp fire musing to one another about whether they're the baddies.

The Anti-Targ -- you bring up an interesting observation. IRL (not L&O), many winners occupy the bad guy side (i.e., evil; e.g., Stalin, Hitler, Mao-Tse Tung, Pol Pot, et al.). High profile and everyday people, too. I empathize with those who consider the God Emperor evil, but I don't think he is. Instead, he (and all non-evil winners in life including me) are self-intersted men with various capacities of will (and skill) able to secure wealth and power.

The Proud Boys are insignificant and will fade away against the inevitable tide of the left (progressive). And the Baddies video was very entertaining -- never watched it!

35 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Look!   45 caved right away!   Me likey!

LongRider -- interesting! but did the God Emperor really cave, or did he do this to retain the confidence of his supporters while also maximizing space and time to facilitate his path toward 2024? I wonder..

Notable is how forthcoming he is, almost as if he didn't steal any nuclear bomb info or other classified documents (but we all know he probably did, as the DOJ raid will ultimately prove).

I like this development. He doesn't need to win, he just needs to make an attempt. Let's go, shake things up!

50 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Honestly, what a poorly written article...

Everyone knows if you want to commit the perfect murder you bury people in shallow graves, not small graves. Poorly researched fake news!

Amateur. You don’t bury bodies at all. You take them to the forest, strip them naked, and let the animals take care of the rest.

44 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Look!   45 caved right away!   Me likey!

Yeah, that’s what he says on his weird Twitter knock off. If he actually wanted them released he could do it himself, like right now. Let’s see what his lawyers have to say when it actually matters.

29 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

Amateur. You don’t bury bodies at all. You take them to the forest, strip them naked, and let the animals take care of the rest.

You're showing your ass, amateur. Explains all the failed downrisings if we're being honest. You cut the finger tips off and pull the teeth, dismember the body and find an isolated lake hundreds of miles away. Along the way disperse the former every so often in ways they'll never be found and when you get to your target location, sink the parts with weights and let the fish do their work. Get your tires changed to be safe afterwards along with a full scrub down. 

ETA: I forgot, bring snacks and always keep a full tank of gas. Preparation is half the game! 

Archived