Football: Més que un thread - all boarders have been registered to post

A Horse Named Stranger

6 hours ago, baxus said:

Yeah, compare the club that plays in Champions League on a regular basis and has won Europa League multiple times on one side and West Ham on the other.

Better equivalent for Sevilla in PL would be Chelsea, and Sevilla doesn't come out that well in that one, do they?

Sevilla can afford a 100m marque signing write off?

I went by financial power (relative to the league's big beasts) and relative strength compared to the rest of the league. Sevilla is a Spanish top 6 club. On a financial scale, Sevilla is also not in the same weight class West Ham. 

I'd compare City, Chelsea and Liverpool against Atletico, Barca and Real. Those are the respective league's heavy weights.

Yeah, it's unfair to say that Chelsea are the PL equivalent of Sevilla. Sevilla don't have close to the budget that Chelsea does.

I'd say it's also a bit unfair to be comparing West Ham to Sevilla. West Ham does have the equivalent (or greater) spending power but it's also worth noting that West Ham face a much tougher task getting into the top 6 than Sevilla do getting into the top 4 as West Ham are going up against 6 out of the top 10 or 11 wealthiest clubs in the world whereas Sevilla have a clear financial advantage over the likes of Betis, Sociedad and Villarreal. They used to get a good challenge from Valencia before Peter Lim decided to asset strip the club but now Sevilla have no real competition for a top 4 spot. None of Betis, Sociedad or Villarreal have the squad depth to seriously challenge them for 4th place.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Stealth Firmino post, I see you.

Heh, the problem is he's stuck here until the end of his contract. No-one wants a striker who is only good at running about a lot. They could save a lot of money by signing up Mo Farah or someone equally useless on the ball.

47 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I just read an article that PSG value MR at 60 million but Man utd want 120 million, and I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life. 

I read that article – ESPN are generally shit and 120 million seems to be a made up figure by the author who's personal opinion is that United's valuation is likely to be at least double PSG's.

Last season was terrible for Rashford but in each of the two seasons prior he scored 20+ goals and got into double figures for assists as well. 60 million seems to be about the going rate for a 24 year old who puts up the numbers Rashford does.

2 hours ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Bynoe-Gittens with great run past few Freiburg players for Dortmund's second goal. 

Wolf for 1-3 now, nice goal too.

Wait why is my font ridiculous lol

c&p.

Board messes its up occasionally.

Archived