Football: Més que un thread - all boarders have been registered to post

A Horse Named Stranger

Great performance by Arsenal.  Really nice football.

Comedy gold from United.  Long may it continue.

Tough game ahead for Liverpool on Monday, with MFs dropping like flies and now Matip injured too (as well as Konate).  Gomez will start at CB with Phillips on the bench.

20 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Other than that, he was shit. 

The only Inter player determined to win today was Dumfries, whom our management is still trying to shop around on the market so they can fulfill our Chinese overlords' demands.

Yeah he wasn’t great. Huge win though at the dying breath. 

48 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah he wasn’t great. Huge win though at the dying breath. 

To be fair, Inter weren't great against just promoted team. But, early days, hopefully scrap a few wins like this until getting in a better playing form.

Edit: Barca couldn't score against Rayo Vallecano. Maybe they need new signings? 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

They could've even lost that game.

Ter Stegen bailed them out twice. Both times in injury time, once in the first half, and then last minute heroics in the second half.

How do you rate Gosens? I know he spent most time outside Germany but he plays for the national team.

5 minutes ago, Raja said:

He's only played one game lol. It's hard to thrive in that environment 

He played and was terrible against Brighton last week, as well as being terrible against Brentford last night.

But yeah, it's early days, and he's squashed into a clown car. Perhaps he'll do better in a more stable environment, but I'm glad it's not a question that we as Arsenal supporters have to ponder too much.

Martinez will be fine, but that was totally the wrong game for him, it completely exposed his size issue. There is a role for a ball playing defender in a team but he would need support to balance out his weaknesses. Maguire isn’t it and a defensive midfield would be useful 

I didn't watch the game yesterday as I went to watch the rugby match (that was also fucking disappointing but at least the team put up a proper fight). I expect that most United supporters are moaning about signings and while we could use some midfield reinforcements, the problems are much worse than not making one or two more signings. United's current squad should be good enough to beat Brighton and Brentford yet both of them made us look like a lower division side.

Rangnick was correct in his assessment. A major clear out is needed – he was talking about moving out 8-10 players. These are almost all the same players who downed tools last season and it looks like they've just picked up where they left off last season. This squad of players have a rotten attitude and aren't even arsed about making the slightest attempt to match the work rate of opponents. In terms of attitude and commitment, this is the worst United squad in my lifetime.

14 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

I didn't watch the game yesterday as I went to watch the rugby match (that was also fucking disappointing but at least the team put up a proper fight). I expect that most United supporters are moaning about signings and while we could use some midfield reinforcements, the problems are much worse than not making one or two more signings. United's current squad should be good enough to beat Brighton and Brentford yet both of them made us look like a lower division side.

Rangnick was correct in his assessment. A major clear out is needed – he was talking about moving out 8-10 players. These are almost all the same players who downed tools last season and it looks like they've just picked up where they left off last season. This squad of players have a rotten attitude and aren't even arsed about making the slightest attempt to match the work rate of opponents. In terms of attitude and commitment, this is the worst United squad in my lifetime.

Who do you think those 8-10 players are?

54 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Who do you think those 8-10 players are?

I can only guess who Rangnick might have been referring to. Maybe some have left already, but I'd also include Ronaldo, Martial, Van de Beek, Dalot, Wan Bissaka and De Gea. Obviously Fred and McTominay would need replacing down the line too as they are incredibly unsuited to the type of football Ten Hag wants to implement.

Archived