Football: Més que un thread - all boarders have been registered to post

A Horse Named Stranger

20 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Sevilla can afford a 100m marque signing write off?

I went by financial power (relative to the league's big beasts) and relative strength compared to the rest of the league. Sevilla is a Spanish top 6 club. On a financial scale, Sevilla is also not in the same weight class West Ham. 

I'd compare City, Chelsea and Liverpool against Atletico, Barca and Real. Those are the respective league's heavy weights.

What's your point? That PL teams have more money than their Spanish counterparts? If that's the case, then there's no dispute. That's a fact.

But that's not what started this discussion. This did:

On 8/11/2022 at 6:06 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Yeah, you have the odd Mourinho team in it, but which team provides better football on the pitch. West Ham or Sevilla?

And whether you like it or not, if we're trying to compare level of football between two leagues and taking a regular CL participant from one and an occasional Europa League participant from the other than the comparison is simply wrong.

We're in dire straits when Steven Gerrard and Villa beat us.

Well, seriously, we're not looking great, but given Villa today I'd be at least equally worried were I a Villa fan. They are not looking like PL quality.

Archived