Ukraine 18: Pump up the S-300’s… Dance Dance…

Ser Scot A Ellison

Russia has bombarded the town of Pisky with TOS-1 thermobaric rockets. Possibly another sign of desperation: Pisky is minute and in no way a difficult target to hit. They might be using TOS-1s simply because they are running too low on everything else and they were avoiding using TOS-1 ammunition earlier in the war.

Also looks like Ukraine has carried out a systematic bombardment of one of the main roads running north from Crimea, starting on the Crimean side of the border, running northwards over a bridge and well into the far east of Kherson Oblast, 200+ km from the front line. 

4 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that wooden hedgehogs will not be particularly effective against incoming tanks…

This shows that they are running out of engineers. Don't think they lack materials. But finding a welder is probably an issue.

1 hour ago, kiko said:

This shows that they are running out of engineers. Don't think they lack materials. But finding a welder is probably an issue.

Heard that Russians raise funds for basic equipment for their army, like forklift trucks. As for the attack on Saki air base on Crimea - they kept ammunition in piles among airplanes, against rules and reason. Probably because they lack the fucking forklifts and soldiers have to pull carts with ammo to arm the machines.

The Russian casualties have reached staggering proportions for an invasion only 6mos along.

From CNN article-

"Between 70,000 and 80,000 Russians have been killed or wounded during the war in Ukraine, Colin Kahl, Defense Department undersecretary for policy, said during an on-camera briefing at the Pentagon on Monday."

Pretty bleak for Putin when we consider Russia has not reached a single goal or objective that they stated in the beginning of the conflict.

55 minutes ago, MeanMrMustard said:

really funny how Ukraine is accusing Russians of bombing themselves at the nuclear plant.

funny, though not convincing

I think it’s really pathetic how the Russians are stationing troops at the nuclear plant attacking from the grounds of the Nuclear plant and bitch when the Ukrainians shoot back.  ^Obviously, when Russia invades a neighboring nation it is eminently unfair for the invaded nation to fight back against the invasion.^

:worried:

9 minutes ago, MeanMrMustard said:

Guess you could ask Amnesty International who's hiding behind civilians, etc.

The situation would be resolved if the Russian army fucked off out if Ukraine and back to their country

Russia is weak. Its hour long past. 

Also a much more profitable enemy for the mighty mighty MIC. Good for everybody, maybe even the rebels in Yemen. Better to sell to a righteous defender well positioned to adapt military dictatorship (dependant on US arms) in Ukraine than to the Saudis, I say. 

Sorry Afghani girls, there's money to make. 

I almost feel like America is getting back on track, foreign policy wise. To be honest it brings a tear to my eye.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:10 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

[inflatable weapon platforms]

23 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

...wooden hedgehogs...

17 hours ago, broken one said:

Probably because they lack the fucking forklifts and soldiers have to pull carts with ammo to arm the machines.

1 hour ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Russia is weak.

Ser Scot A Ellison, et al. -- they're some great intentions / ideas, if you're using inflatable weapon platforms as a means of psychological deception while actively protecting your Operational Security; and have access to machine fabrication capabilities, to build actual road obstacles. Add in the lack of forklifts, and what's left is an amusingly horrifying degree of weakness. It's like watching the IA, ANA, ANP prove their total lack of military leadership willing to provide their own Soldiers with guidance and resources. I'll give the Russians one thing: their wilingness to risk general officers (approching a dozen, last I checked; interestingly, the US lost over a dozen during Vietnam). The definition of war miscalculation.

In case anyone hasn't seen US counterpart capabilities, do a YouTube search on (a fairly chilling) GHOSTS IN THE MACHINE. Videos like this demonstrate why the US war machine is so impressively capable at PSYOPS.

17 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

In case anyone hasn't seen US counterpart capabilities, do a YouTube search on (a fairly chilling) GHOSTS IN THE MACHINE. Videos like this demonstrate why the US war machine is so impressively capable at PSYOPS.

And the irony is that the video is a lie, a deception within a deception ...

Archived