US Politics - Breaking the Seal

Mlle. Zabzie

8 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

There is ZERO evidence that the Russians are trolling.

The safe course is to believe Trump has sold national security secrets to the highest bidders he could find.

Too suggest otherwise without proof would be a reckless assumption imo.

I appreciate your comment however, I am not sure of anything concerning this issue. However, the report of the security video showing boxes being moved was kinda a breaking point for me.  We don't see where they went or who handled them before being returned to storage.  Sure, he might have sold some, it's certainly possible.  My rant last night however, pertained to the sloppy and lazy way the records were kept and their vulnerability to being viewed or stolen without even Trump knowing.  Both are possible, and that scares me. 

I have been ignoring US Politics recently in order to spend my time on better things, like leveling up in Pokémon and going to a rock concert last night (to see Nashville alt rock band Coin, and yes, they were fantastic). 

I think it was a pretty good decision, but now I need to bitch about something the Dems did in order to get that bill passed.

5 hours ago, LongRider said:

I appreciate your comment however, I am not sure of anything concerning this issue. However, the report of the security video showing boxes being moved was kinda a breaking point for me.  We don't see where they went or who handled them before being returned to storage.  Sure, he might have sold some, it's certainly possible.  My rant last night however, pertained to the sloppy and lazy way the records were kept and their vulnerability to being viewed or stolen without even Trump knowing.  Both are possible, and that scares me. 

Sure,sure.

I just couch my thoughts, comments with the one absolute that I'm positive of-

Donald the charity thief is a d@mn traitor that would commit treason for silver.

24 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Well let it ride, don't leave us hanging.

There was a global tax deal announced by Canada and more than 130 OECD countries last year that the minimum corporate tax rate would be at least 15%. The US was part of that agreement. The intention was to prevent multinational companies from dodging tax obligations.

But as part of the deal the Dems cut the US has dropped out of the agreement. As the largest economy in the world it fucking significantly weakens the agreement. Bloody US and it’s worshipping corporate demands.

Canada and other countries have suggested that they will bring in a 3% digital tax to make up for the US’s tax cut. It’s expected to raise $150 B in revenues annually for countries around the world, but cause trade problems with the US.

54 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Sure,sure.

I just couch my thoughts, comments with the one absolute that I'm positive of-

Donald the charity thief is a d@mn traitor that would commit treason for silver.

I don’t disagree with that, hopefully he will finally pay for his crimes. I’m cautious though, that’s my nature.  The current issue just keeps expanding and just blows my mind. 
Plus, fucking 45 and his minions and magat dolts threaten our elections and it’s maddening. 

Seriously, throw his ass in prison with no tv or internet. Make him suffer. 

Very interesting quote from Carolyn Maloney in a NYT piece relayed through politico:

“NYT: Should President Biden run again? MALONEY: Off the record, he’s not running again. NYT: Not off the record. On the record. MALONEY: On the record? No, he should not run again.”

Now, it should be noted Maloney is almost certainly going to lose the primary she was forced into against Jerry Nadler due to the court's redistricting, so maybe she's just DGAF'ing it at this point, but still.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

There was a global tax deal announced by Canada and more than 130 OECD countries last year that the minimum corporate tax rate would be at least 15%. The US was part of that agreement. The intention was to prevent multinational companies from dodging tax obligations.

But as part of the deal the Dems cut the US has dropped out of the agreement. As the largest economy in the world it fucking significantly weakens the agreement. Bloody US and it’s worshipping corporate demands.

Canada and other countries have suggested that they will bring in a 3% digital tax to make up for the US’s tax cut. It’s expected to raise $150 B in revenues annually for countries around the world, but cause trade problems with the US.

You are talking about OECD Pillar 2. 

First, if you are actually interested in how it would work, I commend this report to you.

https://nysba.org/app/uploads/2022/07/1465-on-the-OECD-Global-Anti-Base-Erosion-Model-Rules-Pillar-Two.pdf

Second, OECD Pillar 2 is a hard sell.  To be clear what we didn’t do was to pass a change to our GILTI tax that would make it country by country rather than mushing all countries together.  We are really the ONLY country in the OECD that taxes worldwide income to begin with. Pillar 2 took a slightly different route than our GILTI.  There were other things that we would have to do - some of our tax credits wouldn’t work because THEY AREN’T REFUNDABLE (seriously).  So, it’s not like the US is uniquely piggish.  And Pillar 2 is a mess. 

30 minutes ago, DMC said:

Very interesting quote from Carolyn Maloney in a NYT piece relayed through politico:

Now, it should be noted Maloney is almost certainly going to lose the primary she was forced into against Jerry Nadler due to the court's redistricting, so maybe she's just DGAF'ing it at this point, but still.

She isn't wrong...

I'm getting a little more hopeful something is going to stick and Trump will end up in serious trouble. I was pretty negative when the raids first occurred, I thought it would simply energise his voter base and even he wouldn't have been stupid enough to leave anything truly incriminating intact. But it seems his blatant disregard for protocol combined with his complete lack of moral awareness might, hopefully, sink him in the end. 

My Facebook feed is filling up with pro-Trump propaganda that uniformly decrees the FBI raid of Trumps dwelling to be illegal, citing claims that his lawyers were kept out of the room, and insisting that the documents were secure (there is frequent mention of a padlock). Mixed in with this are baseless (?) allegations that Obama took far more documents with him upon leaving office than did Trump.

Many of these folks are insisting the FBI be constrained or disbanded, while at the same time insisting that Obama and Hillary need to be arrested immediately.

Pointing out that the law Trump apparently broke was one he signed in an effort to go after Clinton has mixed results.

5 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

My Facebook feed is filling up with pro-Trump propaganda that uniformly decrees the FBI raid of Trumps dwelling to be illegal, citing claims that his lawyers were kept out of the room, and insisting that the documents were secure (there is frequent mention of a padlock). Mixed in with this are baseless (?) allegations that Obama took far more documents with him upon leaving office than did Trump.

Many of these folks are insisting the FBI be constrained or disbanded, while at the same time insisting that Obama and Hillary need to be arrested immediately.

Pointing out that the law Trump apparently broke was one he signed in an effort to go after Clinton has mixed results.

This is a very nice response from the National Archives regarding Trump’s repeated and unsubstantiated claims about the big document move from the Obama White House to Chicago:

Archived