US Politics - Breaking the Seal

Mlle. Zabzie

Dr. Oz- Confusion and Crudités on the Campaign Trail:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2022/08/16/dr-mehmet-oz-mispronounces-wegmans-wegners-redners-grocery-store-video-crudites-wife/65404984007/

The video clip is really soemthing.  A very convincing performance of a guy who has definitely been grocery shopping before and had to think about prices.  

8 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

The video clip is really soemthing.  A very convincing performance of a guy who has definitely been grocery shopping before and had to think about prices.  

The video is so bad, it made me wonder about the consultants who helped produce it.  Did they hate Dr. Oz and are actually sabotaging him?  Or are they also billionaires who have never been to the grocery store?  Because this is NOT just "complain about Biden while using food as props."  This is so much worse.  In a one minute clip:

- He calls it Wegners, when there is no such grocery store.  He is combining Redners and Wegmans.

- He thinks that ordinary voters make crudite.  I didn't even know what it means until this video (it's a fancy term for veggie tray). 

- He thinks raw asparagus is an appropriate veggie tray item?  Yuck.

- He thinks there's tequila in salsa? 

- He is shopping without a cart or basket or anything. 

39 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The video is so bad, it made me wonder about the consultants who helped produce it.  Did they hate Dr. Oz and are actually sabotaging him?  Or are they also billionaires who have never been to the grocery store?  Because this is NOT just "complain about Biden while using food as props."  This is so much worse.  In a one minute clip:

- He calls it Wegners, when there is no such grocery store.  He is combining Redners and Wegmans.

- He thinks that ordinary voters make crudite.  I didn't even know what it means until this video (it's a fancy term for veggie tray). 

- He thinks raw asparagus is an appropriate veggie tray item?  Yuck.

- He thinks there's tequila in salsa? 

- He is shopping without a cart or basket or anything. 

I can't imagine that anyone beyond Oz and whoever physically held the phone camera were involved in this.  Any thrid party paid person would have given this the ax, right?

19 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

I can't imagine that anyone beyond Oz and whoever physically held the phone camera were involved in this.  Any thrid party paid person would have given this the ax, right?

It might be that.

Or it might be that you're not understanding the goal of the message, which is basically to say in a roundabout way 'fuck you' to democrats. All the nitpicking, the bullshit around crudite - that's really not what people are going to see. 

2 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

It might be that.

Or it might be that you're not understanding the goal of the message, which is basically to say in a roundabout way 'fuck you' to democrats. All the nitpicking, the bullshit around crudite - that's really not what people are going to see. 

What are they going to see?  Just a fuck you Joe Biden ? 

3 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

What are they going to see?  Just a fuck you Joe Biden ? 

Yep! The message barely matters as far as the words used; it's about the tone and the anger. Heck, this might work out for them - that even someone rich and smart like Dr. Mehmet Oz is going to the grocery store and is mad, just like you, about all these expensive vegetables. 

So fuck Biden. 

5 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

Yep! The message barely matters as far as the words used; it's about the tone and the anger. Heck, this might work out for them - that even someone rich and smart like Dr. Mehmet Oz is going to the grocery store and is mad, just like you, about all these expensive vegetables. 

So fuck Biden. 

Maybe. I think there comes a point though where someone cannot suspend their disbelief and this actually comes across as unrelatable.  

Just now, Larry of the Lake said:

Maybe. I think there comes a point though where someone cannot suspend their disbelief and this actually comes across as unrelatable.  

It’s also only talking to those who are already on the Trumpanista train.  That doesn’t help Oz much in PA.

This is supposed to be a positive for Oz.  If you want to argue that it won't hurt him much, yeah it probably won't end up mattering.  But this is attempting to shore up his weaknesses as an out-of-state, out-of-touch billionaire, and it's hard to see how it does that. 

Meant to mention yesterday-

Washington  (CNN) - A federal judge in Atlanta has denied GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham's motion to quash a subpoena, ruling that he must testify before a Fulton County grand jury investigating former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

One of our favorite brown nosers is unsuccessful with his subpoena appeal.

It's not a well done video for a few reasons, but this also stood out to me:

Everyone knows prices are high, but nobody knows what he's talking about. If they bother to Google it their main takeaway from the video is he's a rich prick, so it's a net fail in my book. Also, bitching about the price of what looked like higher end produce is an odd choice in a state like PA. It gives off coastal elitism. He would have been better off complaining about the cost of meat and other products people more commonly use.

It should be noted the ad is from April and Fetterman's camp unearthed it up.  The Wegman's confusion is personally hilarious as that's what I grew up with in Rochester and know the family - who are like royalty there.  

It was a good premise for a campaign ad, it was just ludicrously flubbed.  You don't appeal to blue collar PA voters by referring to it as crudite, and obviously they should have done another take when he fucked up the name of the store. 

Apparently his campaign is just as inept as he is. 

20 hours ago, Spockydog said:

K-Pop fans, your time has come (again).

I hate K-Pop (I'm entitled, I have 3 fans at home. Urgh!) But I got my ticket. Not sure I can go though. It's a bit far from here.

3 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Meant to mention yesterday-

Washington  (CNN) - A federal judge in Atlanta has denied GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham's motion to quash a subpoena, ruling that he must testify before a Fulton County grand jury investigating former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

One of our favorite brown nosers is unsuccessful with his subpoena appeal.

But could he take it to SCOTUS?

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

But this is attempting to shore up his weaknesses as an out-of-state, out-of-touch billionaire, and it's hard to see how it does that. 

Particularly as PA is one of the best places in the country to eat fresh, delicious, locally grown high, high quality food of all kinds, including vegetables and fruits.  Also, yes, being part of the Delmarva - Chesapeake region, the best crab cakes I've ever eaten.

Couple Florida politicians in serious hot water - maybe.  

2 Republicans in Congress just violated a federal conflict-of-interest and transparency law (msn.com)

• Two congressional Republicans just violated a federal conflicts-of-interest law.
  • Rep. Brian Mast and Sen. Rick Scott — both of Florida — were late disclosing stock trades.
  • Congress is actively debating whether to ban all lawmakers from trading individual stocks.

Two congressional Republicans have violated a federal conflict-of-interest and transparency law, an Insider review of new financial disclosures found.

Am I the only person reading about how Trump's team hired people to break into voting machines in Wisconsin, Nevada in and Pennsylvania? Apparently this was in the  documents recovered from Mar A Lardo.

Archived