US Politics - Breaking the Seal

Mlle. Zabzie

51 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What the hell is this?  Is Oroborous finally really working on eating itself or something?

The "I'm just asking questions" attack ad style has so many hilarious possibilities. 

26 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Particularly as PA is one of the best places in the country to eat fresh, delicious, locally grown high, high quality food of all kinds, including vegetables and fruits.  Also, yes, being part of the Delmarva - Chesapeake region, the best crab cakes I've ever eaten.

Get ready to fight everyone in Maryland. 

16 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Couple Florida politicians in serious hot water - maybe.  

2 Republicans in Congress just violated a federal conflict-of-interest and transparency law (msn.com)

• Two congressional Republicans just violated a federal conflicts-of-interest law.
  • Rep. Brian Mast and Sen. Rick Scott — both of Florida — were late disclosing stock trades.
  • Congress is actively debating whether to ban all lawmakers from trading individual stocks.

Noooo, not Rick Scott, he would never break the law. Oh, wait.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Get ready to fight everyone in Maryland.

Been there, done that.  More than once. :rofl: Over beer and crabs on newspaper though, of course.  None of them though, had my experience with Joe's Crabs in York.

30 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Am I the only person reading about how Trump's team hired people to break into voting machines in Wisconsin, Nevada in and Pennsylvania? Apparently this was in the  documents recovered from Mar A Lardo.

I saw a bit about it, didn't know the info came from Mar A Lardo, wait, Lardo?  <_<     I'll allow it.  :smug:

25 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This kook is going to make Lauren Boebert and Marge Greene look eloquent and erudite… that’s just terrifying:

Move over Kimberley, JR.s got a new squeeze.  And from the looks of things, and she's got some really good coke.  The Best Is Yet To Come!TM

9 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What the hell is this?  Is Oroborous finally really working on eating itself or something?

I feel like this has been the case for awhile now, ever since Fox News and Karl Rove's strategy has been about fanning the flames of right-wing populism, which led to the Tea Party and now the Trump Party movements. 

This poll looks encouraging, but I keep thinking it must be an outlier or the pollsters were stoned or some other flaw. Still...I have been getting a lot of increasingly desperate fundraising emails from Team Rubio, so maybe the D's can get an actual Senate majority?

Demings leads Rubio in heated Senate race, DeSantis remains voters' top choice for governor in new poll (msn.com)

The University of North Florida released the results of a survey Tuesday that revealed Florida voters' choices for the state's gubernatorial and Senate primary races, while also looking ahead to November.

Demings, the former chief of police in Orlando and current congresswoman, was ahead in the Aug. 23 Democratic Senate primary with 80% support. Candidates Candace Daniel and Robert Willis lagged with less than 5% of the vote.

When Florida voters were asked about November's midterm Senate race, Demings came out on top against Rubio with 48% support to Rubio's 44%.

1 hour ago, Mindwalker said:

Damn, season 2 of The Hearings won't be the same without Cheney. They should just hire her to stay on? Would be nice trolling.

She's still in office until 1/23. And the committee is likely done then too. 

3 hours ago, ThinkerX said:

This poll looks encouraging, but I keep thinking it must be an outlier or the pollsters were stoned or some other flaw. Still...I have been getting a lot of increasingly desperate fundraising emails from Team Rubio, so maybe the D's can get an actual Senate majority?

Demings leads Rubio in heated Senate race, DeSantis remains voters' top choice for governor in new poll (msn.com)

Never trust a FL poll showing Democrats leading, that's a key lesson from the past three election cycles. On the plus side, FL is in no way part of the most likely paths to a continued Senate Democratic majority. And if Demings does beat Rubio it likely means things have broken towards Democrats in a very improbable way and there's somewhere in the range of 55 Democrats plus maybe even McMullin winning in Utah (who's pledged to not caucus with either side).

In other improbable, but somewhat more likely, news, a Democrat may have won the special election for Alaska's at-large House seat. Though we won't know until Aug 31, when the ranked choice tabulations are made. She's in first place right now, and it all depends on how many of the third place Republican's voters chose to to put Sarah Palin (who's in second place) as their second choice, versus leaving their ballot blank or even voting for the Democrat. A large number of Alaska Republicans still don't like Palin based on her time as governor. Though either way, all three of them will face each other again in November for the regular election.

10 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This kook is going to make Lauren Boebert and Marge Greene look eloquent and erudite… that’s just terrifying:

I'm not even going to bother to watch the video -- but what I find terrifying is that according to the morning news commentators back in 2016 this woman was working extremely actively against Trump up through the Republican convention. It just appalls me that so many Republicans who really know what Trump is are now willing to jump on his bandwagon and support his lies now just to win an election for themselves. These people have no real integrity at all. 

15 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

But could he take it to SCOTUS?

Could he afford the appeals?

Im expecting Rudy and Donald to start panhandling with public whining and appeals for help with legal fees real soon.

Count me as saying, "Of course Donald is going to run in 24."

He will not pass up a chance to line his pockets with campaign funds.

19 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Could he afford the appeals?

Im expecting Rudy and Donald to start panhandling with public whining and appeals for help with legal fees real soon.

Count me as saying, "Of course Donald is going to run in 24."

He will not pass up a chance to line his pockets with campaign funds.

I think he runs too. But he hardly needs to do so to fundraise. It's been an issue for Republicans all year that a huge amount of political donations have been going to Trump instead of congressional candidates or the regular GOP electoral orgs. Since that money never goes back out again. There's still a lot of money to go around of course, but not as much as normal. And it's made McConnell's super-PACs even more important to these races, since they do still have a ton of money. It doesn't mean much to see news like the NRSC pulling ad funding in races, but if the Senate Leadership Fund starts doing so in the fall it means they're triaging.

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

If/when the GOP wins the House I have a sneaking suspicion Speaker McCarthy will dissolve the 1/6 committee.

Oh right, I forgot for a sec that they may win the House.

3 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You think so? This thing just keeps on giving. 

AS for Dems taking lil Marco's seat in the Senate. It's effing Florida. I believe it, when I see it.

Yes, because the dems won't have control of the house at that point. 

2 hours ago, Fez said:

She's in first place right now, and it all depends on how many of the third place Republican's voters chose to to put Sarah Palin (who's in second place) as their second choice, versus leaving their ballot blank or even voting for the Democrat. A large number of Alaska Republicans still don't like Palin based on her time as governor.

Ironically right now you wanna root for Palin to stay in second.  It's possible enough Begich voters have Peltola as their second choice to put the latter over the top.  But if Begich comes in second and Palin is eliminated, her voters almost certainly have Begich as their second choice.

Right now ABC has Palin beating Begich be about five thousand votes or three percent with 67 percent of the expected vote reporting...

Archived