US Politics - Breaking the Seal

Mlle. Zabzie

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Surely anyone with a background in the worlds of corporate policy, compliance, regulation, law, law enforcement, military - basically anyone who has to deal with regulation and control and compliance can now see that Trump is beyond the pale.

Wilbur -- yes, yes he is. And that's why it's so ... jaw-droppingly schocking (for some) and hilarious (for me).

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

https://youtu.be/PX9reO3QnUA

President Trump just shaking thinks up. 

While also being a good person. 

Wade you silly goose. 

A True Kaniggit -- sure, the man's an entertainer, and some people find base ridicule entertaining. I prefer dry humor, but silly jokes are good, too. Shake and bake, baby. Shake and bake!

What did the Big Rose say to the Little Rose?

Spoiler

He said, What's up, bud?

1 minute ago, Wade1865 said:

A True Kaniggit -- sure, the man's an entertainer, and some people find base ridicule entertaining. I prefer dry humor, but silly jokes are good, too. Shake and bake, baby. Shake and bake!

Reveal hidden contents

He said, What's up, bud?

Double silly goose. “The man’s an entertainer”

Right……. <_<

4 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

See how a slightly entertained without making fun of a handicapped person Wade? 

Apparently it is possible.

A True Kaniggit -- there are three kinds of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

10 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Reveal hidden contents

He said, What's up, bud?

So, on the one hand you are being repeatedly polite and responsive, so you deserve to be treated respectfully. On the other hand you constantly minimize human beings negatively affected by Trump’s actions. Like I guess making fun of disabled people is funny…if you weren’t adding ridicule to an already unfortunate population…and coming from the man elected to lead his country? How do you not see the cost of this stuff? And mind you this is pretty low on the scale of crap he’s done that adds to human suffering.

I think we probably all get the Randian rationale you keep using to mitigate his crimes. But, you know, Stalin was just ‘pursuing his self-interest’ too if that’s your thing. So either you use it very selectively, or you don’t think anything disqualifies someone from being ‘good’. 

Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse was extremely entertaining to those who committed it -- until a few couldn't stomach it any longer.  Dare say there are those who continue to believe that was hilariously entertaining, particularly those who find the romperdoody guy hilariously entertaining.

So there are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, those who cannot and ... fools?

1 minute ago, James Arryn said:

So, on the one hand you are being repeatedly polite and responsive, so you deserve to be treated respectfully. On the other hand you constantly minimize human beings negatively affected by Trump’s actions. Like I guess making fun of disabled people is funny…if you weren’t adding ridicule to an already unfortunate population…and coming from the man elected to lead his country? How do you not see the cost of this stuff? And mind you this is pretty low on the scale of crap he’s done that adds to human suffering.

I think we probably all get the Randian rationale you keep using to mitigate his crimes. But, you know, Stalin was just ‘pursuing his self-interest’ too if that’s your thing. So either you use it very selectively, or you don’t think anything disqualifies someone from being ‘good’. 

James Arryn -- again, you bring up great points (as equally as thoughtful as the previously substantive post you made to me) on the social conditions of the US today, with the God Emperor at the center of it as the country slowly moves toward volatility. It feels like we're the the center of the storm, now. Interestingly, I studied sociology; more interestingly, I was able to use it to great effect downrange -- unexpected. But, to clarify: I don't agree with ridicule of the disabled, and all people should live as they please so long as they don't harm others.

On me being polite and responsive: yes, and I'm sincere about it, but I'm all for humor, uncensored. In my opinion, most people aren't truly hateful or malicious -- right wing and left wing. I think it's mostly due to miscommunication and the absence of direct (polite) interactions. But, considering humanity (look at the recent Salman Rushdie example), I'm not surprised.

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse was extremely entertaining to those who committed it -- until a few couldn't stomach it any longer.  Dare say there are those who continue to believe that was hilariously entertaining, particularly those who find the romperdoody guy hilariously entertaining.

So there are only three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, those who cannot and ... fools?

Zorral -- decisive point on the Abu Ghraib incident. That unit did more harm than good, and is an great example of poor leadership allowing the operation to run wild. It should never have happened; all combatants must be treated with respect and humanity. I respected the militias I fought against in Iraq, and the edited: Haqqani I fought in Afghan. I felt more affinity for them, ironically, than I did our allies or even other Americans.

. . . . Government officials had worried as Trump left office that he presented what experts considered the perfect profile of a security risk. He was a disgruntled former employee, with access to sensitive government secrets, dead set on tearing down what he believed was a deep state out to get him. But Trump had spent years nurturing a growing distrust among his most fervent supporters of the agencies charged with monitoring those risks, the FBI and Justice Department. . . . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/13/trump-mar-a-lago-search/

. . . . Immediately after the search, Trump seemed to believe the FBI had played into his hands. Instead of exhibiting any concern, two people who spoke to him Monday evening both reported that Trump was “upbeat,” convinced the Justice Department had overreached and would cause Republicans to rally to his cause and help him regain the presidency in 2024.

“He feels it’s a political coup for him,” said one friend, who spoke to Trump repeatedly during the week. Like many others interviewed for this article, the person spoke on the condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the criminal probe.

By Friday, however, the unsealed court records showed agents had seized 11 sets of classified documents, among other things. Republicans’ howls of protest became somewhat more muted, and people around Trump said his buoyant mood at times turned dark.

The fight over documents taken from the White House when Trump left office had been brewing for well over a year. “This has been like a pot of water that very slowly simmers, and now it’s making that noise where it hits the hot burner,” said a person involved with the dispute.

In the spring of 2021, the National Archives and Records Administration, the government agency charged by law with maintaining the papers of former presidents, alerted Trump’s team to a problem. In going through materials transferred from the White House in the chaotic final days of Trump’s presidency, officials had noticed that certain high-profile documents were missing. Trump’s correspondence with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that he had termed “love letters.” A National Weather Service map of Hurricane Dorian, which Trump had famously marked up with a black Sharpie pen to extend to Alabama.

Under the Presidential Records Act, the items belonged to the American people. The Archives asked for them back.

People familiar with those initial conversations said Trump was hesitant to return the documents, dragging his feet for months as officials grew peeved and eventually threatened to alert Congress or the Justice Department to his reticence.

On Jan. 17 of this year, Trump relented, allowing a contractor for the Archives to load up 15 boxes at Mar-a-Lago and truck them north to a facility in Maryland. The boxes contained some of the notable items of the Trump presidency that Archives officials had sought.

But as Archives officials sifted through the recovered documents, they began to suspect some records were still missing. They also realized some of the returned material was clearly classified, including highly sensitive signals intelligence — intercepted electronic communications such as emails and phone calls of foreign leaders.

All of this raised a distressing possibility: Might there still be classified records tucked away at Trump’s private Florida club?

Although presidents have unrestricted power to declassify America’s secrets, they lose that power as soon as they leave office. . . . .

2 years ago the WaPo wrote:

As an ex-president, Trump could disclose the secrets he learned while in office, current and former officials fear

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-possible-security-risk/2020/11/09/f19c853e-229e-11eb-952e-0c475972cfc0_story.html ]

The Justice Department also subpoenaed surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago recorded over a 60-day period, including views from outside the storage room. According to a person briefed on the matter, the footage showed that, after one instance in which Justice Department officials were in contact with Mr. Trump’s team, boxes were moved in and out of the room.

That activity prompted concern among investigators about the handling of the material. It is not clear when precisely the footage was from during the lengthy back-and-forth between Justice Department officials and Mr. Trump’s advisers, or whether the subpoena to Mr. Trump seeking additional documents had already been issued.

Mr. Budowich said it was “no surprise that boxes may be moved in and out of a storage room.”

“That’s not news,” he said. “If there was actual concern, the D.O.J. could have asked, just like they had previously, and they would have, again, received full cooperation.”

From today's NYT, the link is to the article, which is gifted and unlocked. 

Trump Lawyer Told Justice Dept. That Classified Material Had Been Returned - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

How quickly one (ME!) forgets, that as soon as he could President Biden halted romperdoody receiving the daily intelligence reports that sitting POTUS receive, and previous ones also receive, because of the intelligence and security concerns romperdoody had ever escalated among those who are responsible for securing and guarding these matters.

Ya, this is all just hilarious, that this villain from the git go was treasonously attempting to sell out the USA for his own profit, and is still grifting on it even now.  Ya, I'm just so entertained and cannot stop rolling with laffter.*

Ooops. I lied.  From the git go I was terrified by what he was doing.  It was already proven by the 2016 elections his playing Lookee Me All Up The Ass of Putin.  That so-called REPUBLICANS, the ones that Reagan electrified by calling the Soviet Union the Evil Empire, have been all OK let's Do It, with this.

* Never forget the one thing we really needed to learn from the git go, is They mean what They say, and They do what They say They will do.  So, ya, hilarious.  No. Really.  Some things just cannot be made hilarious.  People like romperdoody have made jokes and joking obsolete.  Which is really the worst.  Because any moment we can honestly laugh with appreciation, feel delight and joy, is the biggest thrust in the eyes of these unspeakably horrible evil jerkwaddies we can give.  They demand, by fiat nd gun, that all of us be as miserable in our personal selves as they are.

Maybe the video of the Russians laughing about already having our secrets wasn’t trolling. 
With what has come out today; boxes of records in closets, cheap locks on storage rooms, items moved about.

Smart spies just needed to pay attention and sort through the chaos to find the goodies. Who would know if something was taken with no records kept?
Just wander through MAL till one finds something. It’s all so mundane and banal. 

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

Maybe the video of the Russians laughing about already having our secrets wasn’t trolling. 
With what has come out today; boxes of records in closets, cheap locks on storage rooms, items moved about.

Smart spies just needed to pay attention and sort through the chaos to find the goodies. Who would know if something was taken with no records kept?
Just wander through MAL till one finds something. It’s all so mundane and banal. 

There is ZERO evidence that the Russians are trolling.

The safe course is to believe Trump has sold national security secrets to the highest bidders he could find.

Too suggest otherwise without proof would be a reckless assumption imo.

Archived