House of the Dragon Premiere Interviews (Part 1)

Westeros

Below you’ll find two of the five interviews we, and our good friend Javi Marcos of Spanish fan site Los Siete Reinos who kindly helped us out by bringing along and manning the camera equipment, secured as part of the press pool at the red carpet for the European premiere of House of the Dragon in Amsterdam. We’ll release the other three over the next couple of days. Red carpet interviews tend to be short, and these were no different: there were more than a dozen outlets present and each only had limited time, especially as the screening time drew near. Still, we enjoyed the spectacle, and I even got to sit on the new version of the Iron Throne with Javi perched beside me (I joked he was Mushroom).

You’ll find the two interviews below!

https://www.westeros.org/Graphics/Images/_medium/On_The_Throne.jpg

read on >>>

View the full article

@Ran it seems to me GRRM has more power in this series than for GOT, specifically if Condal started straying too far from what he'd find acceptable, George could fire him?  I don't know what gives me that impression, it just seems that way from the particulars of how this came together.  Can you confirm whether that is approaching reality or not?

18 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

@Ran it seems to me GRRM has more power in this series than for GOT, specifically if Condal started straying too far from what he'd find acceptable, George could fire him?  I don't know what gives me that impression, it just seems that way from the particulars of how this came together.  Can you confirm whether that is approaching reality or not?

I can't speak to that. But a detail I'll share from the premiere screening: watch through the credits, to where the production company logos appear.

There were applause.

4 hours ago, Ran said:

I can't speak to that. But a detail I'll share from the premiere screening: watch through the credits, to where the production company logos appear.

There were applause.

Hmm, a turtle crushing a big skull and little skull?

Archived