[Poll] How would you rate episode 101?

Ran

[Poll] How would you rate episode 101?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

19 minutes ago, miyuki said:

I feel like giving this episode 8, 9 or 10 is premature and overpraising it especially since all the good stuff is still about to come and you can't rate it 11 or 12.

I suppose it depends on the grading scale you use. If 10 is supposed to mean the most groundbreaking and influential work ever, then perhaps Principia Mathematic by Newton is the sole work to deserve a 10.

If 10 means highly exceptional, but something mortals can achieve, I would say that it is reasonable that some would see this as a 10 episode.

I considered it to be a 9. It made a franchise that I thought was dead to me not only interesting again, but extremely engaging, which is an impressive feat.

It was a 9 for me. I found it was a genuinely well written and acted by all pilot. The reason why is not a 10 is simply because of the fact they linked it to GoT with the prophecy and the dagger in such a specific way. I saw the inside of the ep and I did understand the reason but I thought it was unnecessary. But that’s just me.

8/10

Enjoyed most of the acting, but directing/editing was kind of letdown, especially in relation to the City Watch scene and later the quick pass from birth/tourney to funeral. Last scene also felt weird with too many intercuts.

9/10

Loved it, it felt good to be back in Westeros, my only little complain is the fight between knights in the tourney, too bloody. And the introduction of the Citywatch, a little fast and somehow weird. Apart from that great episode !

8/10 from me.  After all it was the pilot episode.  It did seem like they rushed a bit and maybe could have made 2 episodes out of this one.  As ever, magnificent sets, costumes and action.  Also lots of characters and names to learn as usual.  So far it feels like the same world as GOT but its own thing and that is a good thing.

I also gave it an 8.  I quite enjoyed the show and this is coming from someone who truly started to despise Game of Thrones after they got past George's material in ASOS.  I liked the aesthetics better than from Game of Thrones.  They played up the heladry more, so you could actually distninguish what house the characters are from just from their dress and armor.  I also thought the acting across the board was really strong.  

And they seem fairly faithful to the source material.  Granted, a few things were combined with material from earlier parts of the book, but otherwise a pretty promising start.  

Gave it a 5.

The episode was not fun. In fact I think most people who are not book readers will find it boring.

No good intro map, no good intro music. No high stakes. No comic relief. It was just drama, a bit downer. No cliffhanger too.

This is not what people expect, they expect something fun that grabs attention and makes you want to watch the next one right away.

I don't like any changes, the blackwashing of the velaryons is unaceptable, they changed the Targ banner for whatever reason, made it worse. Shouldn't Viserys wife have black hair? She's half Baratheon, the seed is strong? Also they made Daemon's lover a whore? Highborn knights killing each other in a tourney for no reason? So dumb.

The only things that I can come up to praise are the better heraldry, armor and helmets that stay on the head during a fight.

The acting was fine, not bad not great. The prophecy retcon and callbacks to the original show are stupid because the original show dismissed prophecy so hard.

Edited by Ser Yorick Ampersand
grammar is hard