Football: Insert Ted Lasso joke here

ljkeane

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Coz it wasn't a red card.

Well, it was. 

On field referee made the right call. If you argue that the red card would've been harsh, then that's within the discretion of the referee, thus not a clear and obvious error, thus the VAR should have kept quiet.

It was a poor challenge no doubt but it was not serious foul play. "Excessive force"  is what's considered when determining serious foul play and I don't think Trippier's challenge meets that criteria. The VAR was right to step in and the ref was right to change his decision.

Not going to argue the red card, just interesting that last year when we faced Newcastle, VAR got involved to .... send off Allan after ref had given a yellow for a slightly less dangerous tackle. 

Can argue VAR is going in the right direction, but I'm not entirely certain yet.

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Also, if that tackle was by Xhaka, no way would the ref be changing his mind. And it was a red card, imo.

Aye. Imagine if Xhaka had rearranged his feet like that in order to take the man out. Literally no interest in where the ball is. Knee high challenge. Tottenham cunt. Red card all day long.

Lots of smoke around Arsenal wanting Pedro Neto all of a sudden. Seems there has been discussions for the last month. Will be interesting if they're able to pull that off as he'd be a perfect fit for Arteta's style, both from an ability perspective and age.

At the same time you are trying to offload Pepe on a loan move back to France.

Edit: Also kicker is reporting, that United are in the market for a new goalkeeper: It's Ajax... kidding. Frankfurt's Kevin Trapp is rumoredly willing to leave for Manchester and sign a four year contract there. 

Official bid is expected to arrive on Tuesday.

6 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

At the same time you are trying to offload Pepe on a loan move back to France.

I think if we can sort out the loan for Pepe, it will really help the push for Neto. They're really trying to move people out of the squad right now and then I think they circle back on incoming. Arteta has been super clear over and over that he still wants more players.

12 minutes ago, The Sunland Lord said:

Newcastle signs Joao Pedro from Watford.

Weird signing that in that in the long run it's a good player in the profile Newcastle are looking for- young, high potential ceiling - but in the immediate sense it's yet another player who's skilled and creative but doesn't necessarily score many goals in an attacking outfit that is very skilled and creative but doesn't necessarily put all their chances away. 

Archived